- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys, sorry I took such a long break from this story, but I do plan on working on it from here on out.  I've just had a lot on my plate as I get ready to go back to school, so I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to it.  Anyway, this chapter has been sitting around for a while now, and I just wanted to upload it so everyone who is a fan of this story knows I haven't abandoned it.  I'm transitioning into the latter half of Nami's background now, and will be setting the stage for the second story, so I hope you enjoy and I will be adding more chapters very soon!

Ch. 10

            The water around her had warmed to a reasonable temperature.  Nami figured she must have already been stuck in that horrid environment for hours.  Her knees were scooted as far close to her chest as possible, as she attempted to minimize how much of her body was actually submerged.  Burying her face between her legs, she openly sobbed.  It didn’t matter to her if she had been stuck there for two minutes or two hours, because she knew that she was never going to escape from her miserable captivity.  She didn’t even notice the giantess as she re-entered the room and turned the lights back on.

Nami found herself being yet again hoisted into the air.  She continued to cry, oblivious to the giantess’s eyes peering at her from outside.  The giantess, who was apparently cooing to her, gently shook the glass, causing Nami to lose her balance.  Using one hand to re-stabilize herself, she assumed her original position and again buried her head.  She didn’t want to look at that monster.

The leviathan, however, did want to look at Nami.  There seemed to be a mixture of confusion and what some may call compassion in her eyes.  She carried the glass into her room and delicately placed it on the same table which held her many gadgets.  Reaching two fingers through the top of the glass, she gently plucked Nami into the air.  Nami did not resist as there was really nothing she could do about it anyway.  She insisted on keeping her eyes away from her captors, however, because she just couldn’t stand the sight of her.

She was then placed into another container, albeit this one was much larger and wasn’t soaked in water.  The walls were made of metal bars which ran vertically from the ground to the top, where they turned 90 degrees, forming the ceiling.  She was, undoubtedly, now being held captive in a cage.  In the corner sat a large fabric garment, which the giantess used to cover her feet.

Nami looked around.  Her eyes drooped a bit and despair filled her heart.  Her torment was not over.  In some twisted reverberation of her already grief stricken mind, Nami had sort of hoped that the giantess was going to kill her;  at least then her misery would be at an end.  Clearly, however, this was not the case, as she had simply been moved from one prison to another.  The only difference this time was that her good friend Xi was not there to keep her company, but instead Nami occupied this cell alone.

She was tired, and her weary legs could no longer support her weight, so Nami sat down on the steel floor of the cage.  In the bathroom, the narrowness of the container she was being held in had at least formed sort of a vacuum, insulating some of the heat inside which kept Nami moderately warm.  This cage was much larger, however, and she could feel the slightest breeze grace her pale, white skin.  The feeling was intensified as a result of her wetness.  As the giantess rummaged through some things on her desk, Nami sat alone, shivering, her light barely shining a drab metallic color.

  The giantess quickly retrieved additional strips of fabric, which had seemingly been cut specifically for Nami’s use, and abruptly wrapped her shaking body in them.  The warmth that was conveyed was enough to make Nami instantly drowsy.  Her eyes began to sag, and she quietly yawned almost out of reflex.  The leviathan carefully picked her up and placed her on the soft linen in the corner, where, despite all of the angst and sadness she had been through, caused Nami to fall asleep immediately.

Chapter End Notes:

Comment!  Thanks for being so patient guys.