- Text Size +

Diana quickly put Brad into her pocket as her mother came around to help her out of the car.  When Diana got out she looked around at the familiar sight of Camp Urban.  A big sign that said, “Welcome to Camp Urban,” that was on an arch way that lead deep into the woods, was directly in front of them along with a camp supervisor.  He waved hello as he walked over to give Diana’s mom some help with the bags.

“Hello, my name is Chuck and I am a supervisor here at Camp Urban.  So young lady are you ready to have fun?” He said with a smile.  Diana nodded enthusiastically.  “Good, here ma’am let me help.”  Chuck help carry Diana’s two bags as he showed them were she would be staying. 

 

As they walked you were trapped in Diana’s pocket again, which you were sadly getting used to it.  You don’t know why but you had a horrible feeling that Diana’s friends are going to be like Diana, or worse.  You tired calling for help but luck was not on your side.  The birds that inhabited the forest were chirping like crazy, preventing anyone from hearing your cries for help.  Giving up you lay in Diana’s pocket defeated again from being able to be rescued by those nearby.

 

Diana wasn’t paying attention to Chuck as he was describing the camp to her mom; instead she was too busy thinking about her friends she hasn’t seen for about a year.  Sure she kept in contact with them but she hasn’t seen them face to face for a while now.  The fun they had last year… but this year they will make new memories.  Just as those thoughts popped into her head Chuck said, “We’re here.”

Diana looked at cabin she would stay at.  It wasn’t large but not small.  It could easily fit a couple of people inside with some room to spare.  Diana quickly rushed into the building and opened it up to find disappointment.  No one was in there yet. 

“Where is everyone?” Diana’s mother asked.

“You all are the first ones to show up for this cabin.”

Diana’s mom looked uneasy, “I don’t feel easy leaving my daughter here alone.  Is it ok if I stay around until someone shows up?”

“Of course, what kind of person would I be to say no?”

“Thank you,” Diana’s mom said as Chuck placed Diana’s bags on her bed.  He then left them alone as he told them if they need anything just ask for him.

“Mommmmm you don’t have to wait.  I can take care of myself.”  Diana said slightly embraced that her friends were going to see her mom was babying her.

Diana’s mom pulled her into a hug and said, “I know, but I’m not going to see you for a while and wanted to make it last as long as I can.”

“Ahhh, mom come on,” but Diana’s mom didn’t let up on giving her a hug.

“So sweetie what are you going to be doing first thing tomorrow?”

Diana grinned and thought about it, “I’m not sure, probably something fun with my friends, most likely soccer or maybe swimming.”

“Oh that sounds fun,” she said.

Diana’s mom kept talking about what they had at camp and what she had to do over the summer.  Diana’s mom had to go out of the country every year to do business for her company. That is why every year Diana had to go to camp.  Diana wished that her mom would leave so she could play with her toy, but also part of her liked this time with her.  They continued to bond for a while until there was a knock on the door and Chuck was there again with another camp, but she was by herself; it was Stephanie.

“Stephanie,” Diana said as she went to go hug Stephanie hello.

“Diana!” she said as she embraced her friend.

After saying hi Stephanie noticed Diana’s mom and said hello.

“Hi Stephanie, well I should get going,” Diana’s mom gave her daughter a big hug and said, “I’ll see you soon.”  After saying their goodbyes Diana’s mom left.

“Soooo what have you been up to?”  Stephanie asked.

Diana gave her a wicked grin and said, “I got something cool to show you and the others.”

“Like?”

“It’s a surprise…”

 

All of Diana’s friends were here.  After Stephanie showed up the other showed up about every 15 minutes; it was Cynthia and then Rachel.  Diana was so glad to see them all again. Diana looked around at her best friends at camp; Stephanie was Diana’s right hand so to speak.  They knew what each other were thinking all the time.  Cynthia was a little pudgy for her age but she didn’t let that get to her.  She didn’t mind being poked at as long no one called her fat.  Then there was Rachel, the shy girl of the group.  She didn’t talk much but she didn’t mind following orders that Diana gave.

“Ok girls your all here…” Diana said.

“Well duh,” Cynthia said, “Were else would we be?  So what’s this surprise you said you had for us?”

“I’m getting to that,” Diana said in a droll tone.

“Jezz Cynthia let her talk,” Stephanie said.

“Thanks Steph, now like I was saying, I have something that all of you will love,” and without further ado Diana pulled you out of her pocket.

 

You felt Diana’s hand wrap around you and pull you out of her pocket.  You covered your eyes as they started to adjust to the light.  There wasn’t a sound as your eyes adjusted, and you got a glimpse of what was around you.  You were surrounded by three silent girls who looked socked beyond belief.  You were about to say something when one of the girls said something.

“Where did you get it?” Cynthia asked.

“A friend let me borrow him.”

“Is there more,” asked Stephanie.

Diana thought about it for a second, “I don’t have anymore, but my friend can always get more.”

“Who is he?” said a soft shy voice.  It belonged to Rachel.

“He’s a nobody,” Diana said.

“I’m not a nobody, my name is Brad!”

At the sound of your voice they all let out a gasp, “He can talk?” Stephanie asked which Diana nodded.

“Here’s the deal, I have him for the rest of the summer and since we are roommates I thought we should share him together.  We can alternate who gets to be with him for the whole day and switch him at night.  The only rule is I need him back when I leave.  So what do you all think?”

“Shot I’m in,” Cynthia said with a little too much enthusiasm.

“What about you Steph?”

She was still looking at you when she said, “When have I ever said no?”

“That’s two, what about you Rachel?”

She didn’t say anything but she nodded her head yes.

“Good!  We can all play with him today together, and then play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets him tomorrow.”

You tried to interject but none of them heard you, they were too busy listening to what Diana had to say.  You couldn’t believe that Diana would carelessly give you to some people she hardly knew.  Worse you saw the way Cynthia’s eye’s lite up, which gave you a chill.  You made a note to try and stay away from her. 

“What does he do,” Cynthia asked.

Diana gave a smirk, “Anything you want, watch,” she walked over to her bed and sat down placing you in-between her thighs.  “Ok Brad, its play time.  Rub my feet slave!”  She shouted with glee which made you jump in surprise.  You weren’t ready for that and stood still for a couple of seconds.  Diana glared at you, “I said, rub my feet!” You got the message and ran to her feet as she gave a wicked grin to her friends, who just watched with amused looks on their faces.  You really didn’t know what to do at your size.  Her feet were gigantic and there was no way you could rub the entire foot so you just rubbed her heel.

“I can barely feel it, put your back into it.”  You pushed harder and stared to rub with more strength.  “That’s better.”

You kept rubbing for what felt like hours but were only minutes.  You were planning on switching feet when all of a sudden the foot was lifted.  You looked up and saw it hover over your body.  Before you could move it came smashing down.  Your face was being pushed into the bed as you heard some giggling.  The foot on your back then pushed slightly harder and then dragged you toward Diana.  Your face was being grounded into the blanket as you moved with the foot toward Diana’s body.  Your entire front was burning hot and felt numb as you finally came to a stop. 

Diana’s feet didn’t remove themselves immediately.  Instead they stayed on top of you for a little while longer and then they slowly removed themselves.  You were about to yell at Diana for treating you so badly when you looked up to see Diana standing on the bed with Cynthia and Stephanie.  The six feet surrounded you, as the girls stared down at you with smirks on their faces.

“Ready?”

“Yeah,” they both said.

“Ready for what-” you were cut off by all the girls staring to bounce up and down on the bed.

To say you were petrified was an understatement; in fact you don’t think there is a word to describe how you feel.  It was complete chaos as they jumped.  As you felt your whole world start to move you were bounced ten feet up in the air as the girls started laugh and giggle.  You were gradually being dragged toward Cynthia’s feet.  She looked down at you and gave a gleeful laugh as she started to bounce toward you.  If you were under her feet you would be turned into a red stain on the blanket.  The bed was creaking noisily as you tried to maneuver away from Cynthia who was coming closer to you.  Your only hope was to try and out bounce her, but that was impossible.  She would eventual catch you and then you would regret it for the split second you lived.  The only chance you have is to get closer toward the other girls so that Cynthia would have trouble getting you under her feet with everyone bounce around next to each other. 

In your train of thought you were launch higher up as you used it to fall closer to Stephanie who was bouncing up and down while spinning.  Diana on the other hand was bouncing higher and higher making the bed groan louder.  Maybe the bed will break, you though hope fully as you landed on your face.  You were about to get up when Cynthia’s feet landed to your right sending you flying up ward toward her knee and then back down.

“Got you,” she mouthed at you, as she lifted her foot up and was about to slam it down on you.  The only thing that ran through your mind was: why is she doing this?

The foot nearly hit you, before you rolled to the side evading it by inches.  Using the bounce to go between her legs you start to run away behind her.  You barely got past her when Stephanie bounced in front of you still spinning and bouncing causing you to stop in your tracks.  You looked behind you as your front was blocked; Cynthia was right behind you walking toward you.  You glanced to your right and left.  You either go left were no one was at and try to out run Cynthia, or you head toward Diana for cover.  You had to make up your mind soon because it looked like Stephanie was getting dizzy and stumbling toward you. 

You dashed toward your right, hoping that Diana would see your plight or you could use her for cover.  You barely got to Diana when Cynthia stepped down in front of you.  “Butt bounce!” she shouted as she jumped up and came down with her rear end.  You took two steps forward and prayed this worked.  You saw Cynthia’s thighs go past you and felt the entire world fall downward.  Next thing you knew the bed shuddered and you were launched high into the air to about chest level with Cynthia. 

“Help!” you shouted knowing that you would injure yourself falling at this level.

“Got you,” you heard Cynthia say, as she caught you in her cupped hands.  You didn’t know if you were saved or screwed.

Cynthia drew you closer to her mouth and opened her mouth wide as if to stuff you into her mouth.  You let out a gasp of pure horror.

“Cynthia, what are you doing?” Diana asked.

Cynthia let out a giant yawn.  “Just yawning, it was a long trip here, and I’m feeling tired,” she said as she closed her mouth.

You found that hard to believe considering she practically tried to shove you into her mouth and eat you in front of her friends. 

“No I meant with the butt bounce, you could have broken my bed with you big butt.”

“Oh sorry,” she said laughing.

You were shocked that she didn’t notice your near death experiences with this girl.  You jumped up and down in Cynthia’s hands shouting for Diana to help you, but Cynthia just folded her hands closed, sealing you in her hands.

“Ok let’s stop bouncing on the bed.  What should we do?”

Cynthia said, “Tag? We could all chase him,” at the mention of you she squeeze her hands together hard making you cry out in pain.  “Whoever finds him can keep him for the rest of the night until tomorrow?”  Every time she said him, she squeezed harder and harder making you wondered how you weren’t turned into a liquid yet.

“Nah… how about we paint each other’s’ fingers and toes?”  Stephanie said.

“What that’s boring.”  Cynthia said.

“No it isn’t,” Stephanie defended herself.

“I think we should,” Diana said agreeing with Stephanie, “What do you think Rachel?”

Rachel just nodded her head in agreement.

Cynthia let out a sound of disgust, “Oh come on.”

“Majority rules,” Diana said.  “Now where is Brad?”

“Right here,” Cynthia said disappointedly as she opened her hands revealing you.

Diana picked you out of Cynthia’s hand without questioning what you were doing there.  She then sat down on the ground with all the other girls sitting around you in the middle.  Next to you was a bunch of nail polish.  Stephanie was about to grab one of the bottles, when Diana stopped her.  “We aren’t going to paint our nails, Brad will.”

“Oh,” she said with a wicked smile.  She put her feet out and said, “Well get to it small fry.” 

“You look like you might need some help, here let me help you.”  Diana said as she picked you up.  She unscrewed one of the bottles and removed the brush.  You were about to grab the brush but Diana set it aside on a piece of paper.  Confused you looked at her when she just smiled and held you over the nail polish.  The fumes of the polish started to fill your head as you felt dizzy.  You didn’t know what was happening until you felt cold liquid touch your feet and climb up your body to your chest. 

You looked down to see you were covered in blue.  It hit you then, Diana dipped you into the bottle of paint and was using you as a brush.  You didn’t know what to say or do as you were being dipped and then pulled out and headed toward Stephanie’s feet.  You looked at her right foot as you headed toward it.  Stephanie’s toes started to wiggle in anticipation as she waited for you. 

 

Diana slowly started to drawl you across Stephanie’s big toe leaving a trial of blue paint over her toe nail.  As Diana painted her friends’ toe she they all started to laugh at Brad.  Then they started to talk about what they have been up to the past year, catching up with their lives.  Eventually Diana finished painting Stephanie’s nails, and rubbed Brad on the piece of paper to get the paint off of him and opened a green bottle of paint for Cynthia.  Diana finished with everyone’s nails, even her own.  When she was done she looked down at her toy and found him covered in a layer of purple paint.  There were some green and blue from his previous paint jobs, but mostly he was covered from the chin down in purple.  She debated letting him dry like that.  It would be funny to see him covered in paint like their toes, but thought otherwise.  Removing it might be a hassle later.  So she quickly cleaned him off by rubbing him into the piece of paper and using the nail polish remover.

 

Half the time you were blacking out from the fumes but when you were conscious you were being smacked onto a toe and being dragged across it leaving a trail of paint.  Many, many toes and fingers latter you were finished.  After being cleaned off you were placed in the middle of their circle of toes as they all showed you how good of a job you and Diana did.

“So now what-” Cynthia was cut off by a sound of a trumpet that signaled the sound of dinner.

“Dinner!” they all shouted.  Diana picked you up and placed you on her bed in her bag for later.  Then they all ran out the door after putting on some shoes.

“Great,” you whispered as you let the darkness embrace you and fall asleep as the painting left you drained.

 

You were woken up by the sound of the cabin door opening.  You quickly woke up when the lights turned on and a hand came in and pulled you out.  Diana was there and she was laughing at a joke someone said.

Diana let out a yawn, as did the rest.  “Looks’ like were all tired?”

They all agreed with her as she placed you down on her bed.  “Well let’s all get ready for bed and then decide who will get to play with Brad tomorrow.”  All the girls quickly changed into their PJ’s and came over to Diana’s bed and looked at you. 

“This is how it’s going to work, Rachel and I will go and Cynthia and Stephanie will go.  Whoever wins the rounds will face each other and the winner of that round gets Brad.”

They all nodded, as you looked up unable to project your dislike at how they are all taking a chance to put you through hell tomorrow.  Out of the four girls you hoped that Rachel will win.  She seemed like a nice girl, but looks could be deceiving.  Then there was Diana who knew not to kill you unlike the others, but of all of them you prayed that Cynthia wouldn’t win.  She will kill you if she got her hands on you.  That you knew.

“Rock, paper, scissors!” they all shouted.

“Yes!” Cynthia shouted as she won her round causing you to pale.

“What?”  Diana lost her round leaving only Rachel and Cynthia.

“Rock, paper, scissors.” 

… Why…

“Oh yeah!”  Cynthia shouted.  She looked at you and blew you a kiss, “We are going to have fun tomorrow tiny man, you can bet on that.”

“Alright, I’ll put him in my bag in the middle of the room for you tomorrow.” Diana picked you up as you were still too shocked to move after seeing who won your life for tomorrow.  You were placed into a bag and then the lights turned out.  They all said goodnight to each other.  In the silence you heard Cynthia humming a happy tune, as she drifted to sleep.  You on the other hand could close your eyes. 

Tomorrow you will die by a 9 year old.

 

Ashley’s dad got lost twice on the way to Camp Urban.  They ran into traffic twice so it took a while for them to reach the camp sit.  On the way to the camp Ashley tried to confront her sister.

“Amanda…” she started.

“I can’t believe you would do that to Brad.  You’re my sister, why would you do something like that to my boyfriend?  Just don’t talk to me.”

Ashley felt horrible and knew that she had to make things right with her sister.  She just didn’t know how.  Ashley’s dad finally pulled up at the camp when the sun was setting.  He was grumbling about the long drive here but Ashley’s mom said something to him that made him calm down slightly.

They all got out of the car and were greeted by a man.

“Hello everyone, my name is Chuck.”

“Hello Chuck,” Ashley’s mom said.

“Looks’ like we have new faces’ this year, would you all happen to be the Fredrick’s, making you Brittney?” He said to Ashley.

“Oh no, you see we have a bit of a problem.”  Ashley’s mom said.

“Oh, and what would that be.”

“Well you see there is a girl here that goes by the name, Diana Callaway.  We need to see her immediately.”

Chuck gave them a look of disappointment, “Oh, I’m sorry but you can’t see anyone today.  Today is drop offs only, and you can’t visit someone with an invitation.  Then you can only come on visiting day’s which would be in about two weeks.”

“Ok, look this is imperative that we see Diana right away she has something that needs to be returned to us as soon as possible.”

Chuck shook his head and said, “I’m afraid I can’t let you.  If that’s all I can help you with then I will like to wish you all a safe trip back home.”  With that being said Chuck left Ashley’s family and head toward a chair near the entrance.

 “What now?”  Amanda asked.  “We can’t just leave Brad here.”  Amanda sounded really worried and it made Ashley feel even worse about what has happened.

“We can’t get into camp, and if we try to break in, they will call the cops or state troopers to arrest us and that won’t help anyone.”  Ashley’s dad said.

“Maybe we should try tomorrow?” Ashley’s mom said.  They debated about what to do as they head toward their car.  Ashley was about to say something when she saw Chuck get up and hand the pieces of paper to someone else who took his place.  Ashley quickly ran up to the new person.

“Hello there, my name is Frank and who might you be?”

“My name is Brittney Fredrick.”

Frank checked the list and smiled, “Welcome to Camp Urban, Brittney.”