- Text Size +

Chapter 8

She walked through Dallas, not caring about the traffic that vanished under her feet. Julia's footfalls tore huge chunks out of the offices and skyscrapers standing on either side of the streets she walked on. People were crushed by the hundreds, cars flattened and water sprayed out of destroyed fire hydrants and fountains as she continued her march.

Julia sat down after a while, her rear end carelessly smashing a city block without resistance. She straightened her long legs, ploughing her feet through Downtown Dallas. Tom saw that Julia's feet, now standing upright, dwarfed most skyscrapers both in height as in width. Her soles where dirty and smeared with blood and dirt. Here and there, parts of a car stuck in her soles' skin.

"Look, Tom," she playfully said pointing at three skyscrapers in a row next to her, "piggies!"

She grabbed the top of one skyscraper, barely the size of her hand. She rocked it side to side, the building being yanked from its foundations.

"This little piggy went to market...". The skyscraper broke in two, then in thousands of pieces, which rained down like loose sand. She grabbed the second one.

"This little piggy stayed at home...". The second skyscraper was yanked out of the ground as well, suffering the same fate. Julia's fingers were about half as thick as the building, but many times stronger. She could squeeze entire skyscrapers to powder with them!

"This little piggy had roast beef...". The third skyscraper collapsed even before it was torn out of the ground.

"Aaw, no more piggies," Julia remarked as the third skyscraper was nothing but a pile of dust, debris and smoke.

She stood up, looking around. "Let's see..." the giantess muttered. "What haven't we done yet?" Her eyes fell upon the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. "Yes, that would be fun, right, Tommy?" she said and headed towards it.

"Dum da dum... a giantess walks the land, yes, yes," she sang as she strolled towards the airport, crushing and squishing more buildings, cars and people. Tom kept telling himself nothing of this was real, but he felt like watching a combination of horror- and catastrophes movie. But unlike watching a movie, he couldn't look away during the scary parts. He was at the mercy of this obviously mad Julia. Only Dr. Adams, who could turn this hellish machine off, could help him. Tom hoped he would turn the machine off soon, who honored the sentence "Hell, that is the others." Julia was hell. And the devil.

At the airport, Julia trod on plane upon plane. They crunched like beetles. Tom saw little dots moving away from the planes as her foot approached them. But Julia's feet were so wide, the fleeing passengers that the dots were, had no chance of escape. Her foot covered all, and when she lifted it, the dots remained still.

Julia picked a fairly large plane up, and played with it as if it was a toy. She swung in left to right, over her head, imitating the noises planes make. With a broad smile, she threw it into a terminal. A huge explosion followed as the plane hit.

Julia then sat down on the terminal, extinguishing the fire with her behind and crushing it completely. Using her big toe, the one Tom saw in the sports hall, she pressed down on a passenger plane. Half of it fit under it, the metal buckling like thin foil.

Tom suddenly found himself on the ground again, about 50 feet from the plane, which had reappeared just like the university building. He saw Julia's gigantic toe descending upon the plane again, which bent in a V-shape as she pressed down. Windows smashed, and Tom could see panicking people inside it. He also noticed the fuel running out its tank, as if the plane was peeing from fear.

"How about me wearing my flip flops?" Julia asked suddenly. Before he could respond, the huge sole of a gigantic flip-flop thundered down on the remains of the plane, causing a shock wave and earthquake. Julia had stomped down with her footwear, which had miraculously reappeared.

Julia turned towards the other terminals, while Tom flew alongside her. She just kept walking as she reached the still intact buildings. Her flip-flops crushed though the concrete buildings like they where empty boxes made of brittle plastic. Julia's feet cut a path of destruction through the once-proud airport, mangling the steel, shattering the stone and treading down stores and waiting rooms. She kept walking, straight as well as in circles, until the entire airport was nothing but a ruin.

"Do you like my flip flops crushing around, Tommy?" she asked. "How about house-crushing, hm?" Tom saw the scene change, suddenly he was in a living area. The sun shone brightly upon a street of villas, large cars stood before garages, trees bearing lush green crowns waved in the wind.
Tom was about 100 feet up in the air, hovering over the scenery as a huge foot came down. He saw the underside of Julia's flip-flop, the tops of her enormous toes, big as airplanes themselves, right before him. It descended slowly upon a row of six houses, its denizens running outside in a pathetic attempt to flee.
Her heel hit the first house. The tiny building sank in itself like made of playing cards. Trees broke off, cars were turned into metal plates as her foot descended further. Julia's sole, about 10 feet thick, obliterated everything.
CRUNSH! The second house shattered. A shadow was once again cast over the street, her enormous foot lay menacing over the toy-like houses. Tom recalled the UFO's from the movie "Independence Day", they cast a similar shadow over the buildings. House three and four followed, both cracked and splintered, taking their occupants with them as the ball of Julia's foot came down upon them. Tom nearly cried seeing so much beauty destroyed, but Julia's mind had a tight grip on him. She didn't let him cry, lest his fogged eyes couldn't see what she was doing. Her toes, the sole of her flip-flop under them, crushed the last two houses. Tom saw their walls explode, their roofs falling down and hitting the ground, spreading out like the hoods of umbrellas without the handle. Then Julia's gargantuan foot covered all.

"Fun, isn't it? Ha, ha, ha!", she laughed.

"Not real, it's not real...." Tom thought to himself, like a mantra repeating the sentence.

"Oh, the little shit is still defiant? Maybe I'm not big enough for you? It'll teach you defy me, your goddess," Julia cried shrilly. Tom's heart sank. Could she read his mind as well?

"Just you wait, if you thought I am big now, what do you say of....THIS???"