- Text Size +
Sitting on her bed, she found herself looking at the room again. Her eyes quickly came back to her suitcase, and the thought of what was inside sent an anticipatory shiver down her spine.

In one smooth motion, she stood and ran to her suitcase, clicking it open again.

A small pouch containing a bit of cash, to help her get settled. A few different changes of clothes. Some textbooks. Exactly the sort of things that would be expected for someone planning on living at school housing.

Below all that though, was what made her heart race. A navy blue, button-up jacket, with a white, collared undershirt folded inside. A big, red bow completed the top, and lay on top of the jacket. Right beside, a plaid, blue skirt served as the uniforms bottom. Clean, white, knee-length socks were rolled up, and laying on top of a pair of black, shiny, mary janes.

It had been her high school uniform back in Japan. Since she'd graduated only a few months earlier, it still fit perfectly, and it was likely the most important part of her days plans.

Wasting no more time, she slipped out of her traveling clothes, and began assembling her old uniform. Having worn the same type of uniform for four long years, she was able to do it with extraordinary speed, and folded her other clothing neatly. Laying her traveling clothes in a neat little pile, Yumi smiled.

Turning to face the mirror hanging from the wall, she ran her hands over her uniform, hoping to smooth any stray wrinkles. A part of her wanted to begin instantly, with no regard for her surroundings, but she knew that would only create more problems.

Before resuming her plan though, she admired her reflection in the mirror a moment. A beautiful young woman was looking back at Yumi, bringing a wide smile to her cute face. She viewed many as her inferiors, and for good reason, but she still found it nice to just be reacquainted with herself every so often. Her long, straight, brown hair hung halfway down her back, and framed her perfect face. Her dazzling smile could light up a room, a fact she was all too confident about.

The rest of her body, even hidden beneath an unflattering uniform, was shaped perfectly, and her deep, brown eyes were hypnotizing. In her own opinion, her eyes were likely her greatest feature, with a hundred-way tie for the rest of herself.

Twirling a finger through her hair, her body felt warm from admiring herself, and she forced herself to turn away from her stunning reflection. Moving to the lone window in her dorm, she forced it open with a bit of difficulty, and climbed out quickly.

The bright sun shined overhead, and her heart raced as she knew it was time to let loose. The long-standing warmth in her chest began to spread through her entire body, feeling quite different from the heat the sun shone down on her.

She would start off slowly. Not to give them a chance, no, not at all. They were undeserving of chances, in her opinion, but the sensations of growth were far too enjoyable to hurry along. Why should she hurry anyway? It wasn't as if they could do anything to stop her after she'd begun.

When the scraping sounds of her shoes stretching across the pavement hit her ears, she ws already re-exploring the deep recesses of her mind, and the previous time she'd done this.

Yumi was growing.

Her first time had been a couple of years ago, and was also the discovery of her powers. She'd been too scared to take advantage of her superiority over the mites surrounding her, and stopped at a paltry fifty feet in height. She shrunk back down before anyone had noticed, and was thankful there weren't any lasting side effects, at the time.

She knew full well that she could far exceed the small bit of growth she'd experienced that time, but the upper limits of her growth were still a mystery. Still, even when she'd only spent mere seconds at fifty feet in height, the things she could do with her newly discovered abilities were amazing to think about. A deep, trembling excitement filled her every time her mind wandered to these thoughts for months, when she began to concoct her first plan.

One year later, using a bottle of wash-out blue hair dye, and a pair of reading glasses, she'd taken her first actions as a giantess.

The people were small. Weak. She was enormous. Powerful. The rubber soles of her shoes had wiped out a great number of pitiful, scurrying people with no more effort than the step itself took. She had grown bigger that time, several hundred feet, and callously destroyed her home city to her hearts content. She felt no sympathy for those who found their way crushed in her wake. If they wished to survive they shouldn't have been near by. It was their own fault for their lack of foresight, and she had no qualms about her actions. She was simply the greater being, and nothing they could do was of any consequence to her.

Still, even then, she knew that she had the potential to grow so much more. Her destruction of her great city had lasted less than an hour, before she noticed a surprise storm moving into the area. Stomping through fleeing crowds at her feet, her booming footsteps echoes for miles around as she made her way back to her now heavily-damaged house. Ensuring there were no small people nearby, she stealthily shrunk back to her normal size, just as the first raindrops were hitting her arms.

A minute later, rain had begun to pour. She washed the blue dye out of her hair, and stashed the glasses away. It was a foolish disguise, and one that should have been transparent to anyone who knew her. Her rampage had been devastating to the community though, and any efforts by the government were focused more on rebuilding, and less on finding a culprit.

In fact, no real attempt had ever been made to capture the giantess.

Yumi had taken that knowledge to heart, and knew where she would need to go to experience those wonderful feelings again. It had taken little effort, but, being a brilliant girl, she was welcomed to the United States to continue her studies.

Now, here she stood. Yumi's plan was perfect, this time, and something as menial as rain had no chance of stopping her.

She smiled.

Nothing had a chance.