- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beverly makes a disturbing discovery about her younger brother.

Beverly got in her car and drove home, she was somewhat surprised at herself for being so quick to not only accept but enjoy what had happened with Kevin. She pulled into the driveway and walked into her house.

Her Aunt Beth was there along with her daughter’s Melissa, Amy, and Karen. “Hey” she said as she sat down on the couch her cousins looked irritated “Hey” they all said flatly

“what’s wrong?” she asked

Melissa who was the oldest at 22 scoffed “that guy our mom married just up and vanished on his business trip, and we’re stuck with his weirdo son”

Her other cousins nodded and Beverly shook her head “where is he anyway?” she asked

Amy made a face “he’s spending the week with his girlfriends family at some stupid cabin.” her sister nodded in agreement.

Beverly smirked, her sisters may not have caught it but she knew Amy’s real problem was the girlfriend bit, she’d be very surprised if it turned out Amy didn’t have a crush on her stepbrother.

Beth turned to face her now and smiled broadly, “you about ready for that internship?” She asked

Beverly returned the smile “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Beth laughed and said “I’m sooo excited, I could use another bright mind in our tech labs. Speaking of which how’d that project work out?”

Beverly shifted uncomfortably “It didn’t work like I hoped…”

Beth smiled “well tell you what how about tomorrow you and I can take a look at it together ok?”

Beverly nodded and headed to her room, she began pacing wondering what she was going to show her aunt. About an hour later she heard everyone leaving and sighed, she was no closer to a solution, but then wouldn’t she be far more impressed by the shrinking tech?

She headed down to dinner and looked around she suddenly realized it had been about a week since she had seen her brother. “Where’s Keith?” she asked

Her mothers face darkened “I threw him out, he was…. Look I don’t wanna talk about, right now as far as I’m concerned I have no son OK?”

Later that night Beverly crept into her brothers former room, she had a feeling an answer would be here, she carefully booted up his computer and typed in his password, after a few moments digging she found a hidden journal she opened it, the latest entry read

“Crap mom found my physical journal today, if she reads it I am screwed, I should have kept it all in here but I just stupidly wanted a copy to carry with me, I just hope she doesn’t read too much!’

She read through the rest of it and shook her head, stunned at what she was reading, her brother had one deep dark and severe Oedipus complex. Repulsed she shut down the computer and headed downstairs, she walked to the middle of the living room pacing, sure she got a thrill from watching her mom squash bugs, but that really applied to any woman. Keith on the other hand had some pretty nasty thoughts about his mother, including a sick habit of playing with her dirty underwear. She heard a strange sound at the back door, when she looked out she saw Keith with two of his friends. Keith looked at her through the glass and held his hands in a prayer gesture mouthing ‘Please?”

Beverly looked at the three men and smiled, ‘this is going to be fun’ she thought and opened the door.

Chapter End Notes:

the three unsuspecting fools are walking right into Beverly's clutches....