- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Story 22:  I've Got Some Falling to Do.

Tommy Evans was four years old. The plague took his mother and father in the same week. He, on the other hand, survived. He contracted Type 1. Tommy was roughly 4 inches tall.

Tommy first survived eating the crumbs in the pantry and near the fridge. Soon those ran out and Tommy was forced to explore. He found a berry bush from which he could get three meals a day out of one berry. Tommy lived like this for a month before falling through a crack in the floor and getting stuck. He starved to death over the next few weeks. The roaches ate him as he decomposed.

(The site won't let me post this chapter by itself since it's less than 400 words, so all this in the parenthesis is filler.  Yeah... I hope you're not bored enough to keep reading my little rantings?  You should really just click ahead and go to the next chapter... There will be about 43 stories when this is done, so you're just barely halfway there.  Some of the stories at the end will be really long.  Get moving.  Stop reading the filler post and just move on.  Boldly brave Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot.  If a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around to hear it, it doesn't really make a sound.  The Real Housewives of Orange County is a buncha Hos!  Watch Gattaca.  It's a good movie.  Robespierre was insane.  You know the world's really coming to the end when the best golfer's a black guy, the best rapper's a white guy, the French are calling the American's arrogant, the German's don't want to go to war, gas is over $3.00 a gallon, and the President's a crackhead.  Nanu nanu.  Klatu verata niktu.  To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day To the last syllable of recorded time, And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player That struts and frets his hour upon the stage And then is heard no more: it is a tale ''Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing..."  I'm gonna sing the doom song now.  Doom de doom doom de doom doom.  Doom dee doom doom dee doom doom.  Doom dee doom doom dee doom doom dee doom doom!  Doomey doomey doomey doomey!  Doom dee doom doom dee doom doom! [Doomey doomey doomey] Doom dee doom doom dee doom doom!  Doom doom doom, the end!  And now, for something completely different. -- FB)