- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally, what we've all been waiting for!
The ride to Shantville was anything but pleasant, maybe even tolerable. Watching the woods fly by him, 22 sighed. It was roughly 3:00 in the morning, and he still had over eighty miles to go before he would even get to the drug house.

In the early hour, it was a miracle that he had found a shabby, loud-colored pickup going in the same basic direction. Now, it probably would've looked suspicious if 22 had actually asked them for a ride, a young man wearing what was basically a rubber ski-mask, and a full-body suit made from an expensive nylon compound. No no, he just walked towards the truck as luckily the driver needed to 'take a leak'. He had just enough time to shrink to the size of a toddler and climb into the back. His fall was very short-lived as he fellinto a giant pile of newspapers and magazines. They seemed to mainly be fashion magazines, but there were some hunting subscriptions thrown in. There even seemed to be one or two playboy magazines, the filthy bastard.

22 shook his head in disgust and looked up at the rear view mirror. They had darkened the glass quite a bit, maybe even over the legal limit, thought 22.

But that didn't matter now, 22 had spotted the highway 88 sign. He needed to get off, and fast. He slowly allowed himself to grow back to four feet tall, and pulled himself on to the rim of the truck, preparing for a rough landing.

Before he jumped, he looked back at the tinted window. Something just wasn't right, but he couldn't see anything. For whatever reason he sat still and listened, they seemed to be shouting at eachother but then there was...silence...and finally, crying. 22 didn't see anything but he could geuss what was going on. He quickly jumped off the car, almost hitting his head on the dry dirt. As he landed, he rolled on to his side, and launched himself upward again. Landing flat on his feet, the spy quickly jogged out into the tree-line, pushing and dodging stray branches. After getting whacked in the face a few times because of his small stature, he came upon a clearing. Off to the side a bit was a run-down shack. Criminals always choose the most suspicious buildings, don't they?

The raining had stopped, not that it mattered, his suit kept hi body temperature up, almost like he was wearing a blanket.

He approached the shack warily, with each step smoothly shrinking an inch or two. Finally, he was at the door, only an inch tall. He got down on his stomach and crawled under the door, which was a little too high up. Inside, he was greeted to an unnerving sight. No one was in the house, but he did take a two-hour trip. He re-grew back to regular height, and started to notice some even weirder details. For one, the roof was ripped off and nowhere in sight. Secondly, the tops of the walls were crumbling in on themselves, almost as if something had hit it..

"Come in 22! Do you read me?"

"Copy that, 22 here."

"Are you only now at the crime scene?"

"Sadly, yes sir. It looks like they got away."

"Nope, a decent cimetidine stepped up and did her part. Having said that, she told the police she wanted to speak to you, said to ,uhm, 'Watch the skies' whatever that means."

The ear piece whent silent and 22 was left alone with his thoughts once more. He shrugged, assuming his job was done.

22 opened the door and looked up at the rapid movement of the approaching sun. Though something was different about the sky..there almost seemed to be an outline. And then, the outline giggled.

"Hey mister, what took you so long? You missed the party!"

22 looke up at the giant face of a woman. Towering over the trees in the distance, and shut the door.