- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
These chapters are gonna be a lot less frequent, unfortunately.
'At least it's warm.' Thought 22. And he was definitely correct. Not only was the heater turned on inside the shabby Italian restaurant, but also the woman in whom's lap he was sitting was VERY warm.

At that, it was fairly awkward for the young man to also be roughly the size of a four-month-old, being fed in a similar manner.

Now, that isn't to say the evening hadn't started any less strange. After being coaxed out of the run-down crack house by the mysterious giant, 22 actually had to strike a conversation with her about exactly who she was. Another new face, formally introduced as Skyscraper, an attractive and motherly figure from the looks of it, had Caught the gang members, quite literally too as proof, 22 found a hoodie jacket torn almost right down the middle near the edge of the trees.

"You know, most everyone I've ever had dinner with usually look me in the eye..." 22 mumbled, glancing up at the powder-white face, sprinkled with freckles, hidden by silky black hair as she giggled.

"It's cheaper this way, and I didn't see a pocket on that fancy skin-tight jump-suit of yours." A pair of startling blue eyes looked down, eyeing his dirty blond hair, his bright green eyes, childish, very fitting. Of course, no person in their right mind would every believe the two were even remotely related, let alone her son.

"Speaking of which, is it hard to find clothes in a size 50?" 22 joked, squirming around nervously in the woman's lap, causing her to squirm a little in response.

Skyscraper glanced down, silently cackling. "It's very rude to ask a woman a question like that, young man! Haha, and quit talking so loud, people are looking at me like I'm crazy!"

"Hmm, I can't say for certain, but maybe it's because your having a conversation with your baby? Ow!" The shrunken man rubbed his now sore bottom. "Was that really necessary?" The shrunken man irritatedly whispered.

Skyscraper winked, looking up at the waitress coming back to refill her tea, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sorry miss, my baby's just having a little hissy-fit is all." The super heroine shrugged her shoulders apologetically and smiled, watching the young lady place a check on the table next to an almost-empty plate of ravioli.

As the woman placed a credit card on the plastic tray, 22 mockingly called out "Momma, I hunnngy." He finished the statement by nibbling on her jet-black hair.

The evening ended at that, at least, dinner did. What followed after that was hours amongst hours of talkin about what it was like to see the world as an ant, or as a giant. About failed relationships, about odd stalkers, finishing school, finding a job. All while still staying larger and smaller then the other. It was amazing to find another super so exact in their issues, but so opposite in the spectrum of goals.

And it all unknowingly kick-started a mudslide of destruction. One sentence at a time.