- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The chapters will get longer and more detailed soon! I was really just finding my footing in this story at this point, but when I hit my stride, you will know.

They woke up leasurely again the next morning, Tom being the first to wake up. He went into the living room and started to read the paper. Bill came out but kept his distance from the big Tom. Sandra was next up and immediately began straightening things out.

They could see Serine out doing a run in the yard, and before long Cameroon had emerged. Slowly they all got up and milled about, not doing too much talking. Serine and Tom prepared breakfast again, a light one. Dave for the moment had stopped trying to make passes on Annie, but he way eying Sherri, who had quite enough with Tom watching her. Cameroon tried not to be too intimidated by the big ladies and men and maintained a friendliness with them all.

In the afternoon they all decided to go outside and have some fun in the warm southern afternoon. There was a volleyball net outside and they struck up a game. It was Tom who suggested putting small people on big people’s shoulders. Tom got Cameroon on his shoulders and Annie picked up Bill before Bill could refuse. Dave picked up Sherri before she could say anything, and that left Sandra to pick up Serine.

They teamed up Tom/Cameroon and Annie/Bill against Dave/Sherri and Sandra/Serine. They were pretty evenly matched and although Serine was an athlete Sandra was not, and the Tom/Cameroon duo generated a lot of heat and pretty soon they were well ahead.

After the game Tom and Dave started to play some one-on-one and the others started to spread out. Cameroon and Serine found a small ball in the yard and started playing soccer with it. Annie discovered the hot tub, and excitedly changed into her swimwear and sank down in it.

After a little bit Sandra joined Annie in the hot tub, and so did Bill. Bill found that the water lapped up way too high for his liking, so Annie let Bill sit on her leg. Bill leaned back on Annie and her giant breast was like a pillow. Bill was strangely aroused by this. A few minutes later Serine lept into the tub with a splash, and found her way to Annie’s other leg. Sandra, feeling relaxed and a little excited, allowed Cameroon and Sherri to sit on her legs. Dave and Tom joined them in a few minutes, but both of them refrained from making passes as the moment.

They sat and they talked a while, the Annie got too warm and got out of the hot tub, and Cameroon followed her. Tom took Serine off Annie’s hands and put her on his lap and started talking to her. Serine didn’t like it much but didn’t tell it. Bill eventually got out too.

Annie and Cameroon played a game of soccer. Of course, Cameroon was no match for the giantess, but Annie was a fair sport and let him win. Bill joined in and soon it was two to one, to wich Annie jokingly claimed “No fair!”

A few minutes later Annie stepped in something in the grass. It was a message. She picked it up and read it aloud:

“Tonight is a special night, for one of the tall will switch sizes with one of the small. At eight o’clock you will return to the compound where you will each vote for who you would like to be shrunk and who you would like to be grown. --Betty”

They oohed as they looked at each other excitedly. It wasn’t just fate this time; they had a choice. They all started to plan their strategies.

“You’re not going to shrink me, are you?” Annie asked the little boys as they resumed the soccer game.

“No way,” Said Bill.

“Wouldn’t dream of it!” Cameroon said.

“Besides,” Bill said, “There are some other people I’d want to shrink instead.”

“That’s true,” Said Cameroon, laughing.

Sandra was alone rubbing oil into her leg. Would they try to shrink her because she rarely got involved? She really hoped not. She figured she would react even worse than Sherri. At least the two girls were becoming somewhat of friends, as Sherri was rubbing oil on a much smaller pair of legs next to her.

Tom wondered if anyone would want to shrink him. Had he done anything yet to make the girls want to shrink him, or was big stupid Dave so blatently unstrategic that they would choose him instead? Tom was pretty sure they would choose Dave, but he kept his guard up anyway.

Dave obviously wanted Annie to be shrunk, that way she couldn’t easily ignore his passes. He was kind of worried that they might want to shrink him, but he thought they probably would go for Tom instead. Or maybe Sandra. Yeah, it would do her good to be small.

All the small people hoped for the chance to be big. They had the misfortune of having their cards drawn, and they wanted to get back to full-sized. Of course only one of them would.

That evening they had a grill-out. Bill would have loved to have helped, but he couldn’t reach the grill. Tom was making himself more useful and did most of the grilling himself. They all enjoyed a hearty meal. Each of the big people ate a hamburger and in Tom and Dave’s case a second hamburger. A single hamburger was cut into four pieces for the little ones and they didn’t even finish their quarters. Of course, a quarter was the equivelent of two hamburgers for them.

Before long sun had fallen and eight o’clock was approaching. The eight of them did not talk much to each other, except those they had begun to trust as allies. Bill and Serine were seen discussing what could happen, and Sherri could be seen whispering to Annie. Tom tried to listen in but he couldn’t do it without looking obvious.

At eight o’clock Betty showed up, and announced that it was time to take that short walk back to the compound. The group followed her, whispering quietly to themselves.

They filed into the small room, which didn’t seem so small now that four of the number had shrunk. Betty explained the rules.

“This is how it will work,” Betty said. “You will write down the name of the tall person you want shrunk on one piece of paper and put it in this box,” She indicated the box on her left. “Then you will write down the name of the small person you want grown in this box.” She indicated the box on her right.

“This won’t be a vote per se,” Explained Betty. “I will pick out only one name from each box. That way even if you are the only one who selected a particular person you will  have a chance of getting your will done. We will go in order of your number. I will not see who you have written down.”

“Number One-Sherri.”

Little Sherri walked up to the box, which fortuanitely was low enough that she could see into it. Who she wanted to be big was no problem—Me! She thought. As to who she wanted shrunk, that was pretty obvious. It was the creep Tom. She wrote the names down and put them in the box.

“Number Two-Cameroon.”

Cameroon walked up to the box after Sherri walked away. He thought about who he wanted shrunk and what advantage it would play. He decided that Dave would get too much of a big head if he was allowed to remain big, so he slated him for shrinking. As for enlarging, he thought about being noble and giving his vote to Sherri or Serine. But this was a game afterall, a game with a formula. He wrote his own name.

“Number Three-Annie.”

Annie was the first big person to cast her vote. The table was so low that she had to stoop over it. Of course she knew who she wanted shrunk—Dave, that annoying guy who kept making passes at her. She’d love to show him a thing or two. As for enlarging, she felt sorry for Sherri and put her name down.

“Number Four-Tom.”

Tom walked up with no dowbt in his mind who he wanted to shrink, and it was not who the rest of them expected. It was Sandra. Sure, Tom would like to get rid of Dave as male competition, but Sandra presented him with a bigger risk to victory, especially if she warmed up more. As for enlarging a shrunken one, he wanted somebody he could easily compete against. The weakest was easily Sheri, so he voted for her.

“Number Five-Sandra!”

Sandra walked up still trying to decide whether she wanted to shrink Tom or Dave. Tom was helpful but pushy, and Dave was just annoying. She decided to go with Tom, simply because he was a stronger figure. As for enlarging, she would like to have the friendly Cameroon back to keep a handle on the bigger men. Besides, Bill was kinda cute small. She cast her vote.

“Number Six-Bill!”

Bill was still feeling the spot on his arm where Dave had punched him. The little bastard was going down alright. He really needed to be taught some humility. As far as enlarging, he clearly wasn’t going to pick anyone else but himself. Bill was relatively fast to vote.

“Number Seven-Serine!”

Serine didn’t like the thought of either Tom or Dave staying big, but she still felt mentally stronger than her. She needed to cut her female competition out from under her. There was the do-gooder Annie or the control-freak Sandra. After making up her mind, Annie wrote down Sandra’s name. She was stonger than Annie. And of course she voted to enlarge herself.

“Number Eight-Dave!”

Dave walked up with the thought of a tiny Annie in his head, and didn’t stop to think about strategy or anything like that. He just wanted a tiny Annie. As for who he wanted big…he didn’t want any of them big. He seriously considered just leaving the space blank, but as that would probably be an infraction of the rules, he decided to write down Cameroon because he annoyed him the least.

“Now all the votes are cast,” Said Betty as Dave returned to the rest of the group. “I will mix up the boxes and I will pick a card from each. I will read the enlarging box first, then the shrinking box.”

Everyone was tense. This descision, although it was only two of them changing sizes, could change the whole political order they had grown accustomed to in the last day and a half. Painstakingly slow, Betty shuffled the box.

Betty reached her long hand into the box of people that could be re-enlarged. At last, she drew a card and read it aloud:

 

“Number one—Sherri!”

 

            Sherri almost collapsed with relief as she walked forward, smiling broadly, towards the shrinking machine. Maybe it was her own plea that did it or maybe someone felt sorry for her, she thought. It was actually Tom’s vote that was drawn in this case, but no one would ever know that. Annie beamed at Sherri enthusiasticly as she dissappered into the shrinking machine.

            There was a flash and they heard footsteps of a full-sized person walking out the other door. They all tensed up again, particularly the four tall ones. Tom, Dave, Annie, and Sandra all looked at each other. One of them would be shrunk in a second.

            Betty reached her hand into the box of people that could be shrunk. She moved her hand around for a long and painful time, then drew out a card and read:

 

“Number Four--Tom!”

 

            Tom’s mouth fell open in incredualy and shock. He couldn’t believe that he was the one picked! What had he done so blatantly to make someone want to shrink him! Was it Dave who wanted him out of the way, or one of the little people that was intimidated by him? It was actually Sandra’s vote, but again no one was to know that.

            Tom walked forth slowly towards the machine. He stopped to look at Betty, but Betty only urged him on with a smile that looked very mischievous. Tom had no choice but to walk forth into the machine. There was a bright flash and Tom walked out the other side.

            Betty addressed the remaining six: “You did not change size now, but don’t think this will be the size you will be stuck at. But no more details on that now. I will go and retrieve our two friends.

 

            Sherri had walked out of the shrinking booth and into the next room in a state of near euphoria. By some lucky chance it was she that had been selected for re-enlargement. She looked around at the room that had seemed so large to her when she first walked in it, now it seemed no bigger than a mid-sized closet.

            She almost jumped when there was a flash of light behind her. She knew that some else had just changed sizes. One of the four that had been bigger than her a moment before was now smaller than her! She couldn’t wait to see who it was!

            Out of the door peeked a little Tom. Sherri couldn’t help herself—she laughed victoriously! It couldn’t have gotten better! Big Tom, scary Tom who had been giving her looks was now little Tom, who was looking up timidly at  her.

            “Well, lookie who it is now!” Said Sherri joyously. “How do you feel about being small?”

            Tom glared up at Sherri then quickly looked away, saying nothing. Sherri smiled and crouched next to Tom. “What’s the matter, scarred?” Sherri teased. Tom turned away again. He did not want to think about how utterly huge Sherri was, how immense her body was and how much power she had.

            Before Sherri could to anything else to tease Tom Betty walked into the room. Sherri stood straight up, happy to be Betty’s height again.

            “Well, I hope you two will become accustomed to your new sizes!” Said Betty. “Now let’s go back into the other room to see the rest of the competitors.”

            Betty lead Sherri and little Tom back into the other room where the others greeted them. They smiled and waved, seeing the two figures reversed in size. Annie walked over and gave Sherri a big hug. They would not forget each other’s companionship. Sandra eyed the little Tom with a smile, but Tom looked away. His eyes fell on Cameroon, who gave Tom an “oh-well” kind of a jesture.

            “Now,” Betty said, breaking up the chit-chat that had started. “You will return to your house and spend the rest of your evening together. Tomorrow at one o’clock in the afternoon I will come over to meet you. The first of your competitions will begin then.”

            Competition! They all thought about it. They new that competitions were coming, that was part of the game. But what kind of competitions would there be? Competitions of the body, of the mind? They all looked at each other, wondering.

            Betty ushered them off and they all walked back to the house. Tom tried not to watch everybody’s legs at his eye-level. Annie had engaged Sherri in conversation, so that meant Sherry couldn’t torment him. Dave was talking to Sandra about how lucky they had been. Cameroon walked quietly, and Bill and Serine walked behind everyone holding hands.

            They decided to watch a movie that night. A light-hearted comedy. By this point Bill and Serine were very happy with each other and held each other under the covers as the movie progressed. Dave, Sherri, and Annie sat on the couch in that order. Sandra was sitting in the chair and had allowed Cameroon to sit on her lap, and they had gotten chatty. Tom was left to be sandwiched between Annie and Sherri.

            Either through Annie’s influence or her own thoughts, Sherri was not bothering Tom that much. Tom was done sulking about his being shrunk and was now trying to see how he could turn this situation to his advantage. At any rate, there was something irresistibly arousing about sitting between two giant gorgeous girls.

            Sherri could not be happier about being big. Not only did she turn the tables on Tom, who she knew was looking at her when she was small, but now Annie saw her as a friend and not a little pity figure. And Bill and Serine were getting right snug down there. That made Sherri smile. They were so cute, those two. But Sherri knew she couldn’t count on staying large permanently; she had to be able to be not freaked out if it happened again.

            So far the group was leaderless. Tom was hoping to move into the alpha male role but that went out the window the minute he was shrunk. Dave was too immature and so was Annie. Sherri had just regained her size. Did that mean that Sandra would become the leader of the group?

            After the movie they all went off to bed. Annie went first, Tom went shortly after that. Sandra, Cameroon, and Dave all went to bed. Sherri stayed for a moment and watched Bill and Serine snuggle, then she left too. Again, Bill and Serine were the last to go to bed but this time they gave each other a deep hug.

Chapter End Notes:

In the next chapter, some of the contestants will shrink to quarter-sized! (About 15-19 inches) Who will it be? Stay tuned and find out.