- Text Size +

High School Bully (Part 2)

 

As Fernanda disappeared into the museum, the rest of the tinies made the line again, staring up at me, obviously very upset and even enraged. I then got back on my feet, trying not to look at their faces. That’s when I saw Daniel, gesturing me to pick him up. And so I did, trying not to make eye contact with him.

 

“You should really be ashamed.”, he said, serious. “What’s going on here? You’re not like this”

“I know! I’m sorry!”, I said, sad. “It’s just that…after all these years, I still feel like in high school when I’m near her, somehow.”

“OK, so? Did you do this in high school?”

“Well, no, but I always wanted to be one of the popular girls. Or at least hang out with them. And now I’m doing it!”, I said, smiling a little. “I gave a horrible first impression, but doing this is helping me be accepted by her.”

“What?!”, he said, clearly upset. “That’s crazy. You don’t need anyone to accept you. You need to accept yourself. You’re perfect just the way you are.”

“Yeah, right…”

“I mean it. Causal hairstyle, big glasses, no makeup, sweatpants…this is you! And I’ve never seen anyone as pretty as you, even with this look.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“I’m not, I swear. You’re the cutest girl around. Including this Fernanda.”

“Awww…thank you. If you really think so, that’s enough for me.”

 

I hugged him tightly, almost squishing him between my arms and chest.

 

“Oof! Not so tight!”, he managed to say.

“Oh!, Sorry!”, I said, placing him again on my open palm and chucking a little.

“Now, that said, you’re so turning into a bully yourself.”, he continued.

“What? No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are. You’re just like those girls who bullied you. Just following Fernanda’s orders and taking advantage of your size and strength.”

“But…but…”, I started, but couldn’t say anything else.

“Let’s just go, OK?”, he said, smiling. “I still have that surprise for you, remember?”

“Oh, true! Let’s go, then!”

 

Just as we were about to leave, we heard Fernanda shouting furiously. We looked down and saw her being carried out of the museum by a bunch security guards, as she was bigger than them. They were arguing in Spanish, so I didn’t get a word.

 

“They’re taking her out because she skipped the line”, Daniel translated to me. “And she’s…well…cursing.”

“Lena!”, Fernanda shouted. “Give these jerks a lesson!”

“I…err…n…no”, I said.

“What?”, she said, surprised.

“I said no. I’m not doing that.”

“Lena, I mean it!”

 

My confidence was starting to disappear. Fernanda yelling at me like that still had a powerful effect on me. Daniel, noticing this, requested me to put him down. As soon as I did it he walked towards her, and both started a fiery discussion. After just a few seconds, Fernanda punched Daniel in the stomach, causing him to fall down to his knees. She then pushed him down, pressing her foot on his chest, pinning him down.

The sight of this caused something inside me to just snap. Seeing her hurt my beloved Daniel was the push I needed to confront her. However, seeing him on the ground, her foot on his chest, was too much for me, and I released the lioness inside me.

With a swift wrist movement, I smacked Fernanda with the back of my hand, sending her flying into a nearby fountain.

 

“Stay away from my boyfriend!”, I boomed, stamping towards her.

 

She was still inside the fountain when I snatched her into my fist. I squeezed her tiny body in my hand, trying not to injure her, but definitely causing a lot of pressure. She pounded her fists against my hand, but I barely even felt it. I was too enraged to even mind that.

 

“So, you think it’s fun to have your head shoved into a toilet? Why don’t you try it?!”, I asked her.

 

I then shoved her head inside the water in the fountain, holding her there for a few seconds, before taking her out. I repeated this a few more times, just like they did to me in high school. I then held her in front of my face.

 

“Had enough yet?”, I asked, her. “Good! Now stay away from us and don’t you dare bully anyone else, ever!”

 

I then crouched and unceremoniously dropped her on a pile of dirt. Being all wet, her body and outfit all got covered with sticky mud. I panted, starting to cool down after my outbreak. Looking around, I was relieved to see no police cars in the area. I would have been in big trouble if there were.

Just as she stood up, I bumped her with the palm of my hand, sending her back to the ground, on her back. I then carefully placed my foot on her, gently enough not to harm her, but pinning her down. I could only see her tiny face sticking from under my sneaker.

 

“You see how it feels to be bullied by someone bigger than you?”, I asked her, trying to sound serious. “I hope you do, and that you never, ever, do that to anyone else. Understood?!”

 

She simply nodded, too scared to even speak. I couldn’t help but imagine how scary I looked from her point of view. I never saw myself as a scary sight before, but I guess being so tiny compared to me and pinned under my foot would do the trick. Still, I didn’t enjoy physical conflicts, so I lifted my foot off her, picked up my boyfriend, and walked away from there.

 

“Are you OK?”, I asked him once we were far from the place.

“Yes, I am. Thanks to you! That was incredible!”

“Incredible? Really? Aren’t you mad at me?”, I asked, really surprised.

“Mad? Why would I be mad at you?”, he asked me, probably just as confused as I was. “For saving me from that amazon?”

“No, for using my size to bully tiny people.”

“Oh, that.”, he said with a stern expression. “Well, yeah, that was really bad. But I’m not mad at you. I know that this girl played a big role in this behavior of yours, and I truly believe that you won’t ever do something like that again.”

“Thank you. Really.”, I said, smiling. “I’m glad you’re not scared of me after what I did to her.”

“Scared? No, no, not at all. Plus, she deserved it, anyway. That punch really hurt!”

“Awww…I bet it did.”, I said, kissing his face, engulfing it with my lips. “To be honest, I feel kind of relieved, too.”

“You do?”, he asked, still savoring the kiss. “How so?”

“Well, it seems like years and years of being bullied by those girls just…disappeared. Like I got some kind of closure, so to speak.”

“Oh, well, that’s great news. We should thank Fernanda for that, then.”

“True. I just hope she didn’t do more than that.”

“What do you mean?”, he asked, intrigued.

“Well, all these things I did today, including saving you from her…”, I said, unsure of how to continue. “I don’t know…it kind of felt…interesting.”

“Interesting?”, he said, now even more intrigued. “What do you mean?”

“I’m not sure how to explain it.”, I continued. “It was just this sensation I’ve never felt before. Like, being in charge, having the upper hand. It’s something that never happened to me in my whole life. Not even with Paula. This time it was different. Fernanda was a bully. Me, a nerd, defeated a bully! And it was rather easy, too!”

“Hey, hey, calm down, Lena. You better not start enjoying bullying people. What you did to those cars and to the people in the line was really bad.”

“Oh, no, no, not at all!”, I said, shaking my head. “I’m definitely not turning into a bully. Don’t worry about that. I know it was wrong, and I’ll never do something like that again. I’m just saying that I might be a little less of a pushover than I was before.”

“I see.”, he said, smiling. “Be careful, though. I don’t want this escalating into you climbing up a building, holding me in your hand while fighting off planes, hehehe.”

“You’re so silly!”, I said, giving him another kiss. “So, let’s go see this surprise. We’ve stalled it long enough.”

“Very well, I’ll point the way.”

 

***

 

So finally, after walking a little longer, we got to the place. It seemed like a normal white house, scaled to my size. I looked at it for a few moments, standing right in front of it.

 

“So, what’s the big surprise, Danny?”

“This is!”

“What is?”

“The house!”

“What about it?”

“Well, it’s…it’s ours now.”, he said, grinning.

“What do you mean ours?”, I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

“I mean…I bought it for us to move in.”

“What?!”, I asked, almost dropping him. “You bought it? But how?”

“Hey, I told you, my family doesn’t really have economic problems. And I really, really want to live with you. Just the two of us.”

“M…me too, but…this s just too much. I didn’t even pay part of it.”

“Lena, relax. All you have to do is say yes.”

“I…I…well…”, I honestly wasn’t sure of what to say, but it sounded like a good idea. It’s not like he was asking me to marry him. I was simply moving with him. “Yes!”

“Really?! Yay!”, he said, excited.

 

I hugged him and kissed him a few times. I was honestly really excited, even if a little nervous, too. I had never lived with a boy before, but I really liked him, and I was ready to take our relationship to the next level. And the fact that he suggested it before I said anything only reassured me that he was the one. So we walked inside, and he gave me the tour.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks again for reading! I hope you had fun, and if you have the time (and feel like, of course), I'd really appreciate any kind of feedback or comment you have. Thanks again and see you soon!