- Text Size +

Chapter 9

The day was not quiet in Fort Knox. The military stationed there had already seen the news about giantesses suddenly appearing all over the world, robbing banks and destroying everything. The Fort was in state of upper alarm. Planes, artillery, tanks and a lot of soldiers stood ready day and night to defend the gold against a 1000 feet tall woman. They expected an attack, and it came. But not from a giantess 1000 feet tall.

Two giantesses.

Each one mile!

Their enormous feet alone measured 700 feet. Their legs, about 2400 feet long, could step over the highest fences without the slightest problem. Could, because the two giantesses trod upon everything that was in their way. The high- voltage- fences weren't even able to scorch their leather soles. The planes had no chance doing even the slightest damage, because their missiles couldn't pierce the leather jackets worn by both girls. Like grains of sand they bounced off the thick leather hide.

Gwen and Grace hardly noticed the machines flying around them. Gwen swatted absent-minded with her hand at a few planes, to her the size of gnats. With one single strike she annihilated half the air force.

The artillery and tanks fared no better. Like flies they squished under the soles of the two criminal giantesses, who stepped on them as if they didn't even exist.
 
The two cousins couldn't even hear the shots the vehicles fired, such was their vastness. The shells hardly scratched the underside of their boots. Gwen and Grace walked on, all that remained of the tanks and artillery were thin pieces of metal, which looked like blobs of molten tin when they lifted their feet.

"Look, what is that?" Gwen said, pointing at the Fort.

"A gold vein," Grace grinned. "Let's dig then, shall we?"

Both giantesses saw the infantry, who stood dumbstruck before Fort Knox. No soldier knew what to do. They had prepared for a giantess about 1000 feet tall. Now, their footwear alone reached that height with ease.

Every soldier looked in awe at the huge leather boots before them. Like four vast skyscrapers they stood in front of them, behemoths of destruction, ready to crush every single soldier like nothing. The long, seemingly endless legs, packed tightly in jeans revealing the beautiful shape of the calves and shins of both girls, would take a step forward in a moment and kill them all. Nothing, absolutely nothing the tinies could do against that.

Gwen and Grace knew that as well. They had stopped walking and looked down upon the mass of soldiers, grinning, for they resembled a colony of termites from their point of view.

"What is that, cousin? Vermin?" Grace asked.

"Yeah. We really should squash it!" Gwen replied.

Grace turned towards the army.

"All right, you mites," she said. "This is a robbery. You've got three seconds to clear the way. The gold is ours. I'll start counting, and those that are still here at "three" will stick red under our boots! One... two...".

SQUISH! Gwen quickly stepped on the mass at "two" and dragged her foot left and right over the ground. All soldiers were smeared over the concrete, leaving red stripes.

"I didn't say "three" yet," Grace said.

"Oh, I must have miscounted then," Gwen answered sarcastically. Both laughed.

No matter how well Fort Knox was protected, it could not withstand the attack of two mile-high women. It's walls simply crumbled to dust as the two criminal giantesses stomped on them. Debris and pieces of masonry flew everywhere. Gwen blew the dust clouds away like nothing. She was so huge, a single breath of hers was able to sent a large sailing vessel a couple of miles over the ocean. The Fort, which was a synonym for an impenetrable defense, was torn down as if made of Lego.

News helicopters flew around the giantesses and filmed it all. Some news stations already thought Fort Knox would be a target sooner or later. With the air force gone, the surviving pilots had fled, they could film the Fort without being hindered. Now the entire globe witnessed the most spectacular robbery ever.

Gwen and Grace kneeled, removed the debris away and dug the leftovers of the Fort away like it was an anthill. Soon, they saw the gold bars glimmering.

"Like digging for gold," Gwen said.

"It actually is," Grace joked.

Alarm systems rang, steel doors closed automatically, but it was all in vain. No security system could hold the gigantic fingers of the two criminal titanesses back. The two cousins threw everything that was not valuable away. Gwen and Grace grabbed the gold bars and dropped them in their meanwhile notorious sack.

Although the bars weighted about 250 lbs each, they were smaller and lighter than grains of rice for both giantesses. They disappeared by the hundreds in the sack, and the nations of the world could do little more than watch how their gold deposits, on which their economic security rested, were simply being stolen. The entire planet was in shock. First the financial crisis and now this.

As the Fort was emptied, both giantess stood up again. Nothing but a gaping hole remained of Fort Knox. The sack felt as if it was full of bird seeds.

"Ah, that was great!" Gwen said.

"Yeah, about time the Fort was being cleaned," Grace replied.

Both laughed.

"Oh," Gwen said and spat. "A fly flew into my mouth."

"A fly?"

"Err no, that isn't possible. Well, something flew in my mouth, but now it's gone."

It had been a helicopter from CNN, which had unintended flown in Gwen's open mouth. It was smashed between her villa-sized teeth and now it laid between the ruins.

Then both giantesses were suddenly gone. George had said he would get them back as soon as they were finished. He and Giana had seen everything on CNN. The until the helicopter was being chewed.


"Great!" George said, over and over, about an hour later. He looked gleefully at the gold in the cave, which once belonged to the nations of Earth. A large wall of yellow shined warmly in the lights. "This has been a dream of mine ever since I saw "Goldfinger". The gold of Fort Knox! You are fantastic," he said.

Gwen and Grace laughed. Giana too. Although she didn't want to be a giantess anymore, she was happy. The huge amount of money, gold and some Japanese silver made her cheerful too.

George opened a bottle of champagne.

"We need to celebrate this," he said. He filled four glasses and held his up.

"To your grandfather, who knew in which inventions to invest," he said.

"To you, for making a brilliant invention," Gwen said.

All four drank.

"Your name begins with a "G" as well," Grace said.

"Should we make him a member of the Goblin Gang?" Giana asked.

"He has the right qualifications," Gwen said.

"If he wants to," Giana grinned.

"Of course. If you accept me," George laughed.

"All right. Then, from now on, you are part of the Goblin Gang," Giana said and rose her glass.

Gwen, Grace and George did the same. Then all four said:

"THE GOBLIN GANG!"



THE END (But I might write a sequel in the future).