- Text Size +

Pierre stood silent the fear of dread glued him to the spot a tug from a the girls hand guided him away from the danger he feared.

They walked for hours Pierre always wary and alert he knew what Lisa was capable of her ability to hide away and wait until her quarry came near, a trap already prepared to capture them. The darkness crept in surrounding them both she was silent never leaving his side her unshod feet dirty from the soil he was cold he shivered the fine hairs on his skin raised she stopped pointing towards a distant clearing. He was reluctant to go there she tugged at his hand beckoning him to follow her she spoke to him her lips still! reassuring him the gently voice inside his head was soothing. He followed her the blackness had closed in around them he was fearful Lisa could be waiting in the shadows uneasy thoughts tugged at his heart he must give his life to protect her to give her the time needed to escape the monstrous thing hiding in the flesh of a woman.
They approached the open space a light glimmered in the darkness flickering the stillness of the night poked fun at him she held his hand tightly pulling him towards it she had no fear her innocence her weakness. As they drew nearer he could see the shape of the cottage in the darkness she let his hand go he tried to grab it but she faded into black night he called to her his voice a whisper silence called back him. He walked towards the building his foot steps slow and deliberate he approached the side window a dim light flickered it danced across the room greeting him from inside. He peered in looking for any sign of life.


“He heard the floor boards creak the room was black he fumbled for his glasses the tall shadow loomed large in the far corner of his bedroom, the darkness hiding the true identity of the intruder. He pulled the sheets of he was big Tomas had a hand gun by his pillow but before he had a chance to reach for it he was lifted of the ground his body held tightly in between the spiny limbs. He tried to break free the warm breath from the head caressed his skin, he tried to scream but the sharp cutting tools were already at work slicing through his face within seconds his lower jaw had been masticated screaming was impossible his mouth parts already swallowed the pain he felt was excruciating the thing that held him continued eating him whilst he lived.It turned his body a chicken leg ready to be eaten slowly and enjoyed the body kept alive to keep the heart pumping the life blood around what remained of the wriggling torso, his adrenaline adding to the flavour of the raw meat.
His Flesh and bone easily sliced into smaller chunks ready to be swallowed he writhed and kicked in agony his arms and legs were chewed off the wriggling torso as he was being devoured by the creature holding him in its grasp. It was ravenous within minutes Tomas’s body was almost gone the upper half of his body all that remained, his eyes stared into the blackness devoid of life there was no blood none had been spilled the fluids from the creatures mouth parts sealing the flesh as it ate from him, nothing had been wasted even the night clothes he was wearing were eaten. A living meal to be savoured quickly and silently, he was disposed of the man no longer existed nothing remained the room was still once more.


Pierre peered into the dirty glass of the small window looking for signs of movement he called out to the girl he was fearful for her safety a face stared appeared in the glass window pane.

he fell backwards onto the soft grass terror gripped him her giggling muffled by her hands, she stood before him he scrambled to his feet. She held his hand guiding him towards the door at the side of the cottage; He tried the knob turning it slowly the door creaked its tired hinges in need of replacing, she stood beside him her reassuring smile bringing him back from the brink of fear and desperation, he was fragile easily scared she sensed his anxiety. They went inside he needed to rest the cottage seemed empty the fire’s embers glowed in the dim light but it was still warm. He called out expecting an answer the stillness of the air answered back his words lost inside the emptiness.
They searched the inside together unaware of the drama upstairs, they were looking for the occupants his brain struggling to understand the reason for the empty abode? maybe they had left for the evening and would return soon, Pierre felt safe for now he switched on the lamp next to the bed the sheets were folded neatly no evidence of use, the house was barren of any life the cold and exhaustion took control he slept soundly through the night.


The sun’s rays lit up the bed its warmth teasing Pierre’s eye lids open  he squinted he was aware of dried fluids from his sleep tucked away in the corners he rubbed his fingers against them to dislodge the hard residues. The house was silent he looked around disorientated his brain playing catch up to last night’s  drama, the girl was nowhere in sight anxiety took control.  He got up he was naked !! he looked around for his clothes the room was neat and tidy it smelt fresh he grabbed the dressing gown hanging on the door unsure now what was waiting for him down stairs he cautiously made his way there.
The sound of soft music greeted him as he went into the living area the girl sat beside the cd player the discs piled up beside it, he felt relief she was safe he glanced around the room to take in his surroundings he was aware of another’s presence  in the kitchen he felt fearful. The woman walked in to the room she was an elderly lady she smiled at him, this put him at ease.

“ Aaah your awake did you sleep ok Pierre I am preparing dinner for you it should not take too long to cook please relax I have washed your clothes they are in the drier I am not sure where my husband has got to was he here when you arrived last night ”

Pierre shook his head “husband ! there was no none here last night”

 She turned and went back into the kitchen Pierre stared at the empty space where she had stood he was confused she acted as if they were close friends how could that be and where was the man she talked of? He walked over to the girl sitting beside her she smiled at him offering him a collection of the discs to choose from. His head hurt there was something not right about this situation, he walked to the open door the cool breeze danced around his feet it felt real it looked real but…why would a stranger a woman in a house that he had stumbled upon be so accommodating was it the girls influence or was it Lisa,s doing. He walked out into the sunlight if she was here it would be hard to see he had been with her he knew she could blend into the foreground mimicking foliage and inanimate objects his heart beat against his ribs the fear once again rising from the pit of his stomach.  The ground felt cold against his bare feet he walked further into the garden the girl peered out the window watching his every move he turned around the rustling in the bushes startling him he stared at the object hiding itself amongst the greenery. It was barely visible it had to be Lisa the terror rose inside his throat dry his breathing erratic how could he escape protect the innocent from her she was powerful and ruthless.

She shook him holding him still on the bed he looked at her the beads of sweat run down his face the blackness of the room adding to the terror, she held him to her breast her soft hands caressed his skin, the dream had taken control of him Lisa had entered into his mind invaded it teasing him he did not feel safe here they needed to get away from this place find a safe haven filled with people to hide amongst. He sat besides her holding her in his arms waiting for the suns rays to flood in to rid the world of the dark shadows hiding away the monsters.