- Text Size +

As the world slowly drifted back into focus, Caitlin found herself wedged into a painfully cramped space. For a brief moment feared she'd grown so large that the room itself constricted her, and was relieved to find that the walls were actually the narrow walls of her closet. She then worried she had perhaps grown even larger while unconscious as had happened following her previous growth episodes. Looking down at herself, she tried her best to evaluate her appearance, but only felt the same bigger-than-normal than she had felt before she passed out. She began to feel nauseated.

"If you're going to puke," Alexis spoke from behind the pages of a Cosmopolitan, "I'll help you to the bathroom so you don't get it all over my clothes."

While perturbed by her friend's casual dismissal of her predicament, Caitlin also felt relieved that only one of them was panicking. "I think I'll be okay, just remind me to stay away from high-heels," she said, kicking off the shoes as if they were contaminated. She didn't want to stand up again, so she stayed seated on the floor, curling her knees up in her arms. This again created the unusual and unfamiliar sight of her compressed breasts rising out of her top like bread dough.

Alexis peered over her magazine at Caitlin, entertained by her friend's new discovery. "Aren't big boobs awesome?"

Caitlin grinned half-heartedly. "I guess. I'd probably like them more if they had shown up over the course of a few years, or even a few months. It's a little weird when they just kind of expand suddenly and without warning."

"I think it's awesome," Alexis said, closing her magazine. "It's like you've got a brand new fashion accessory overnight. Just wait til Maureen sees them. She's gonna totally flip. You're, like, way hotter than her now."

"What?"

"Oh yeah. You're totally sporting the whole package now. Boobs, butt, legs. We do need to do something about that hair though…" Alexis clearly enjoyed Caitlin's changes much more than Caitlin did. The excitement was not contagious.

"Alex!" Caitlin almost shouted, cutting Alexis off. "I don't…I'm not…I can't do this," she resigned.

"Can't do what?"

"This! Those! These!" she said, gesturing at her clothes, shoes, and breasts respectively. "This whole thing is too weird. I just need to find some way to not stand out until I either can get back to normal or at least know what's going on."

"Why are you being such a downer about this?" Alexis pouted. "You look awesome and all you're saying is how much you don't want anyone to see you. Everyone is going to think you look great."

"No they won't! They'll point and say 'What the fuck happened to Caitlin? What is she trying to pull off?' Then someone will call the CDC and have me sent to Area 51 and they'll put me in a glass tube."

"What are you talking about? You don't have a disease, I don't know what Area 51 is, and it's not like anyone pays attention to you anyw…" Alexis' eyes went wide and she slapped her hands over her mouth. "…I mean…uh, no one listens when you t…oh shit."

Caitlin's mouth dropped open, but nothing came out. They both just sat there staring at each other, both wearing similar expressions shock on their faces. Alexis tried to fix her mistake.

"Caitlin…I…"

"Get out. Get out of my house you bitch."

"Caitlin..."

"Now."

Silence hung in the air for a moment before a tear appeared on Alexis' face. Both stood up, Alexis to leave, and Caitlin to push her for not moving quickly enough. She grabbed Alexis's arm to forcibly remove her, but standing gave Caitlin a reminder again of her new stature. She formerly stared at Alexis' nose when they stood face to face, but now they nearly stood eye to eye. Nearly, eye to eye, but not anymore.

She stood at least an inch taller than Alex, putting her at 5'10".

Shocked and drained, Caitlin looked down slightly at Alex, at the pile of clothes, down at herself, and then burst into tears.

"I'm a nobody," she sobbed, sitting on the bed. "Now I'm an overgrown bimbo nobody!" she wailed.

Relieved that her visit hadn't ended on bad terms, Alexis rubbed Caitlin's shoulder, trying her best to console her. "You aren't a nobody. You just need to be more, um, expressed." Words weren't Alex's strong suit.

"But you said it yourself!" Caitlin bawled. "No one even knows who I am!"

Alexis thought this over, then brightened up. "Maybe they didn't before, but they totally will soon! I'm going to give you the makeover of a lifetime."

Caitlin smiled and sniffled again, hugging her friend tighter. She couldn't help but be distracted again by her own body. While she still felt oversized, she also could not imagine herself six inches shorter. It just seemed...small. She then thought of Alexis, whom she still had locked in tight embrace. Alexis had always seemed bigger than life in every way, but the girl next to her now felt surprisingly average.

But if 5'9" 36E Alexis was average, what did that make her? Caitlin's current measurements now exceeded Alexis in more than a few ways. While a couple more inches here and a few less there were really all that separated them, to most that would not make much difference. If she wanted to, she could be on par with Alex, and hell, if she really tried…

Meanwhile, Alexis, while happy not to have been abruptly sent home, grew impatient and a bit uncomfortable with the long embrace. "Caitlin?" she asked.

"Yeah?"

"Uh, you're not going to want to kiss or anything are you?"

"No, I'm just thinking."

"You sure? I know a few girls on the softball team that, well, you know…"

Caitlin laughed and shoved Alexis to the bed. "Way to ruin a Kodak moment you ditz."

Alexis giggled as she hit the bed, and Caitlin's laughter only brightened her mood. Alexis couldn't actually recall the last time she'd heard her friend genuinely laugh, or even smile for that matter. She'd save those thoughts for another time, as she had an unfinished project standing in front of her. "So, shall we start your makeover?"

Caitlin looked over her shoulder at her closet mirror, and oddly enough, she didn't freak out. While she definitely looked different than before, it felt as if she were seeing herself for the first time in a long time. Perhaps it was time for a change. She motioned down at her body.

"Have at it."