- Text Size +
The afternoon passed in a haze. After returning to the house, Kate proceeded to get high again, this time sharing some with Jason. After initial troubles with the pipe due to his size, they devised a system where Jason would sit under an overturned glass and Kate would blow smoke under it. It worked surprisingly well, and ten minutes later Kate was laying in bed with Jason in her ear as they got to know each other in a way they'd never actually bothered to do. The next three hours passed in this respect - punctuated by further smoke breaks - and before they knew it, it had gotten dark. Kate, looking outside, snapped out of it and sat upright, catching Jason as he fell out of her ear.

"It's late, I should get over to see Mark."

Jason, sitting comfortably in her hand, sighed, and she raised him back to her ear. "You're still going to go see him? I thought you felt sorry for me being shrunk? He was the one who did it."

Kate grinned. "I thought you were enjoying yourself?"

He turned red and was grateful she couldn't see him. "That's beside the point. Come on, he's a vindictive, spiteful bastard. Dump him already."

She raised an eyebrow and feigned ignorance. "Dump him? Why would I do that?"

He hesitated, but only briefly. "Well... to go out with me, I thought."

She pulled him down and looked at him a moment before smiling. "Kay. I'd already kinda decided to. I still have to go over there and do it, though... Give me a minute or two to get ready." She put Jason down on her nightstand and rushed off to get ready. He had a moment or two to think, and when she walked back into the room, he was jumping up and down and waving his arms. She picked him up and brought him closer.

"When you go over there, see if you can't steal the shrinker."

"Why?"

"You're breaking up with him, and I doubt you'd enjoy this as much as I have. Besides, do you really want him running around with something like that?"

She nodded. "Good point."

"Could you... see if you could find the instruction manual, too?"

She smiled, then set him down on the bed and waved her fingers at him as she grabbed her purse and left. Maybe it was because it was high, but she never stopped to ask what Jason was going to do in the meantime. Jason didn't think of it either, not until Kate's 13 year old sister walked past in the hallway, glanced in, and saw him standing there.

She walked in to get a better luck, a stunned, open-mouthed expression on her face. Basically like everyone who sees a living, breathing four inch tall man for their first time. Jason was getting used to the expression already. In his haze, he didn't move or scream for help until she'd grabbed him off the bed. Not that it would've mattered; he heard the door closing as she opened her hand, holding him inches from her face.

"Are you alive?" She yelled.

Jason winced and nodded. "Who are you?"

"What? Oh, wait." She lifted him to her ear, and he repeated himself. "I'm Sara, Kate's sister. Who are you?"

"I'm Jason, I work with Kate. Her boyfriend shrunk me because he thought I was after her."

She pulled him down again. "Oh! So you're bad." Jason shook his head and yelled, but she didn't move him. "You're probably a liar, too. I wonder what you were doing here." Just then she caught a whiff of him, and lifted him to her nose for a better smell. "Phew! You smell like her feet." She smelled again. "And her... incense. Feet, huh... I bet she was making you massage her." Jason shook his head and yelled no again, as it wasn't entirely true - he had done it willingly. "Maybe you can do that for me!" She smiled and looked up, lost for a moment in her discovery, and ran off to her room, Jason protesting - but not too hard - in her grasp.