- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the long delay. I hope you like this chapter, I'll try and write more when I get some more time, I've been very busy in my life recently. Sorry it's so short, I wish I had more time to write.

      April the 9th, naval time 11:35PM, Ito's  perspective.

      "Several more confirmations from other ships Admiral. It's a smaller giant then the others, based on ocean.. Based on the water's depth, we believe it to be around one hundred feet tall and female."

      "Female? How was that identified?" Ito asked curiously.

      The officer on the bridge blushed. "Reports claimed it had breasts sir."

      Ito shooed away the young officer. "Halt the engines." Ito thought a moment, at this speed, they would taxi twice as long. "Throw anchor, relay this to the fleet. Inform the Exploratory fleet the main fleet will be delayed."

      The other man aboard the bridge started yelling orders into tubes to relay the orders amid ship.

      "Prepare for combat." Ito commanded.

      Ito thought a moment, I really hope it does not come to a fight, we can't keep killing every giant we encounter. A dialogue will have to be attempted.

      Bells started ringing all over the fleets ships. Men were scurrying around some, below filling the guns with rounds and powder.

      April the 9th, naval time 11:46PM, Hina's perspective.

      As Hina continued forward to the large creatures, she could hear lots of noise. She was still far away, but as she got closer, she kept having more questions.

      The biggest creature was sleek, and glided across the water, it stood taller in the water than any Ryujin. It was so long she felt she could lie across it several times if it was flat. The other were also much larger then her as well, but not by much. They had odd pointy limbs all over their backs, and odd looking twines.

      Taking a closer look she thought she spotted small dots running around on the creatures back.

      April the 9th, naval time 11:46PM, Ito's perspective.

      The giants were supposedly able to cover over a thousand feet in less than three minutes according to the exploratory fleet. At the current speed the fleet was going, having even dropped anchor, Ito assumed that the giant, some two thousand feet away, would be upon them in less than two.

      "Less than two minutes till that thing is upon us men, do any of you have any suggestions which will prevent bloodshed?"

      The officers looked at each other. The first to act however was Captain Aruga. "Vice Admiral, I suggest we load two of the Yamato's eighteen inch guns with powder and fire blanks. Should provide one hell of a bang, maybe even scare it off."

      "I agree. Prepare to fire warning shots at the giant!"

      A loud whistle was blown right before the two shots were fired. This gave time for the crews of the fleet to cover their ears, which could easily be ruptured by the Yamato's guns.

      April the 9th, naval time 11:00PM, Kenta's perspective.

      It had taken some time to find a linguist. In the meantime Kenta had tried using sign language without much luck. The linguist had little luck as well when he tried German, French, English, and even some Russian. Finally he gave up and said, "I don't suppose you can just speak Japanese now, based on your reactions, I'd just say you were playing stupid."

      Kenta stared at the linguist, "Are you telling me he speaks Japanese? What he spoke earlier was not Japanese."

      "All I'm saying is he seems to look like he understands us, but is not talking."

      "You think he might be Chinese?" Kenta asked.

      "I doubt it, I'd say keep trying to ask him questions, like what's his name. If you can't figure it out, I guess I'll have to teach him." The linguist left the room.

      "This is stupid, tell me what your name is!"

      April the 9th, naval time 11:00PM, Nobuto's perspective.

      Nobuto wasn't sure how friendly these people were, he had set in this room with the short man for quite a while now. Even the bulkheads and topics had become boring. He didn't know what a German or French was, unless it referred to another man. Still he wanted to be cautious, he did not know these brothers. They demanded his name yet again without any proper introductions. Feeling like silence was getting him nowhere, Nobuto finally spoke, in the holy words.

      "You're so impolite brothers. You haven't even told me who you are!"

      The man was startled at his words. "So you do speak Japanese!" Kenta was finally happy to hear something he understood, he completely ignored what the young man said.

      "You're being very rude brother." Nobuto sighed. "My name is Nobuto, what is your brothers?"

      "Kenta. Now tell me how did you come about to be in those waters?"

      "My village was attacked."

      "So you're a native of this world!?"

      Nobuto was confused. "What's a native?" "Why do you continue to speak with holy words?"

      Kenta now looked confused. "Well native means you were born here, while I was not. What are holy words?"

      Sacrilegious, these brothers were using the holy words without even realizing its importance. "These words we speak are our peoples sacred words, not our primary ones."

      The man behind Kenta holding a machine gun spoke. "I think he means that Japanese is a second language for him that's sacred."

      "That makes no sense. Tell me of your village."

      "What a personal question. I refuse."

      "Listen, how can we help you, when we know nothing about you. Where is your village? You said it came under attack, by the giants? Please tell me!"

      Nobuto was confused. "But you were just there, my village was a top the tree, my sisters, my aunts. They were all dead in the water, and my father swallowed alive without a trace. As for what attacked us, it was the tree burning men your beasts slayed."

      "Our beasts?"

      "Our Destroyers Kenta, I don't think he knows what a ship is."

      "Ah." "We didn't see any of your female villagers in the water just more giants."

      "That's not possible, my own sister was very close to me when you picked me from the sea." Nobuto stated.

      Kenta thought on it for a moment, he was basically saying the giant dead females in the water were his family. "Women are the same size as us, are you trying to tell me your family members were giants!?"

      "Women as small as us? That's laughable brother, how on earth would they protect us if that was the case."

      Kenta was speechless. He stuttered a moment. "Get the captain down here."

      April the 9th, naval time 11:00PM, Otohime's perspective.

      Otohime's new guests were politely escorted into her chambers.

      "So, announce yourselves." She looked down at the young girl and male in her hand.

      "I am Maki of Momo. And this is Shouta." She bowed.

      "Can he not speak for himself Maki?" Otohime asked.

      "Of course."

      "So what's your name young man?" Otohime asked Shouta.

      "What did she say Maki? Who is she?" Shouta asked.

      "Shhh, Just tell her your name!" She said in an overly loud whisper."

      "Something the matter Maki, why doesn't he speak his name?"

      "I'm Shouta Petty Officer Second Class of the battleship Hamakaze, and I much prefer it if you speak Japanese!"

      Otohime was taken aback, Maki had gone pale. "What a very rude and impolite young men you are, even using the Holy words to such a degree."

      "I can't understand you bitch, speak Japanese!" Had Shouta still had his gun, it would have been brazenly displayed.

      Otohime stood up from her chair, "What manner of a male is this! So brazen and rude, is he of your village Maki!?"

      Maki was still pale, Shouta had put her in a tough spot with the strongest person in her world.

      "I'm so glad your speaking so I can understand now. I come from the land of Japan."

      "What's this nonsense Maki? A man from the land?"

      "I saved him from a Tengu, and after saving him, he informed me he was not of this world, it also seems he only speaks with holy words, quite rudely, I apologize for his behavior."

      "He must be a liar Maki! No man comes from the land, they can't even defend themselves!" She sat back down next to her husband's man palace, glancing at it.

      "I'm not a liar, and I'd rather face hundreds of Tengu then be locked up in a cage like that." He pointed at her husband's man palace.

      "How dare you insult the lords Husband's man palace!"

      Maki was quivering in fear on the ground as the tiny Japanese man refused to step down. "You've locked him up and taken away that man's freedom, he's in a cage, I'd rather die than be put in one."

      Otohime was starting to turn red at this young man's insults. "Darling, be easy on the boy, he is young, and most likely sacred after his experience."

      "Yamato." Otohime stared lovingly at her husband.

      "Yamato! Your husband has the same name as our greatest battleship?"

      Otohime looked back at the rude man. "What's a battleship?"

      April the 9th, naval time 11:48PM, Hina's  perspective.

      Hina had gotten within seventeen hundred feet of the large creature before it yelled at her. She could already make out several young men on the creatures back, but before speaking a word, a loud noise blanketed her ears.

      It had been so loud she got dizzy and started sinking into the water. The ringing in her ears wouldn't stop as she started drifting down into the water.

      April the 9th, naval time 11:48PM, Ito's  perspective.

      "I think we stunned it sir, it may drown at this rate."

      "It's no longer a danger to the fleet then." Ito countered.

      "Sir..."

      "I'm aware, I also wanted to make contact, but what do you want me to do, go out there and pull her up?" Ito smirked, "Sorry I'm not that good of a swimmer. Well attempt contact if she survives."

      Behind Ito and Captain Aruga, an officer was startled as the wireless station on the bridge came alive with a radio single. Listening to the message as his commanders chatted behind him he stood up and looked over at the Vice Admiral.

      "Vice Admiral Ito. Rear Admiral Komaru says he's acquired new Intel on the Giants, from a native source, he's on the wireless right now. He wants to speak with you."

      Vice Admiral Ito snatched the head gear from the sailor. "This is Vice Admiral Ito."

To be continued.

Chapter End Notes:

Sometimes I feel like this story needs a lot bigger chapters due to the amount of differing settings, and exposition from multiple points of view I use. I really wonder how I keep my viewers coming back when I take so long to update, sorry again.

With the story being in real time, a lot of the time, it feel like over the course of thirteen chapters, the fleet haven't gotten nearly enough done. I hope you guys keep reading regardless of how slow paced my story is, thank you, and again I'm sorry for the lack of updates.

As always I congratulate you if you read this far, and I hope you can do me the honor of pointing out any mistakes you saw, or provide me with positive criticism or feedback. Knowing people enjoy my stories can't help but make me want to write more.

 Thank you,

EricAFreak