- Text Size +
Kari looked down at the tank-like object moving towards her. A tank that had some really huge freaking guns, all decked out in thick, black armor. The "head" or the cockpit has a single, huge eye. Enormous hydraulic arms were on either side of it's body. The entire structure of it's body must have been a few miles tall.

And it didn't even come up past Kari's ankles.

"Well, shit. She's bigger than we thought." said the leftmost pilot.

"Don't worry! Size isn't the only thing that matters. This machine was constructed by the U.N. to withstand any assault and destroy any enemy!" declared the leader.

Kari bent down and looked at the thing that was at her feet. With a curious "Meow", she kicked it slightly with her foot.

The entire cockpit shook around the pilots. They hung on to their seats for dear life. "Damn you!" shouted the leader.

"Hehehe..........What is this?" Kari asked. She examined it carefully, and saw that there were guns on it, too, not unlike the other tanks she had encountered earlier. "Is this supposed to be a human weapon?"

"Well, now what are we gonna do?" asked the rightmost pilot.

"Fire! Fire!" shouted the leader. The tank's missle compartments opened up and launched powerful nuclear missles at her body at high velocities. This whole machine seemed built for mass destruction.

All Kari had to do was shield her face so it didn't get burned from the blasts. She couldn't block all of them with her hands, so she let them explode against her body. She was so big, her skin so thick (and resistant to nuclear force) that she only received minor burns. Her clothing wasn't even scratched due to the material it was made out of.

"Even at that size, those should have hurt her. We're obviously not dealing with someone who can be hurt by conventional force." remarked the leader. "Better go up a stage. Turn power to 50% and fire the laser cannons!"

A plethora of cannons emerged from the machine's body. They all seemed to charge up with green energy at the tips, then they rained a storm of energy on Kari. She wasn't expecting the blasts to actually hurt.

"OW!" They stung her skin whereever they touched. She shielded her face once again as the beams seemed to beat her back a bit. There was only one problem for those pilots. The beams still didn't do jack to her clothing.

"Crank up the power a bit and hold the cannons on....." He never finished that sentence. Once Kari toughened herself up, she ignored the pain and charged straight at the little tank. This time, she kicked it as hard as she could.

It flew back several miles at high speeds, nearly shattering the machine from the air friction, let alone the inital impact. Half of the cannons on the front were crushed in from her kick. Kari swished her tail gleefully as it landed, making a huge crater.

"We have to move it, now!" The tank was turned onto it's side, unable to really get a good grip on the ground. And Kari was starting to stomp her way after it, teasing it as she got closer. Each step cracked the very crust of the earth. "Fie, fi, fo, fum....I'm going to smash a toy robot for fun!"

But as she got closer, it sprung to life, this time it's treads forming into makeshift legs in an almost TF-style transformation. A large cannon opened up in it's chest, and it fired a maximum power laser, the size of a small quarter. It should have pierced her chest and heart.....if she hadn't moved at the last second an inch over. The beam missed her vitals but still injured her. Blood sprayed from the wound, as she let out a cry.

"WHAT? That was dead-on! She should have dropped like a stone!" shouted the leader. "That's okay, just charge up again..."

Kari wasn't about to let them. Her giant foot stepped right in front of them, while she brought her other foot down right on them. She grinned and added her weight slowly, smashing and breaking the robot gradually. "Ugh......That's what you get! Meow.....!"

They had no time to attempt another firing, as the entire frame of the robot broke down. The massive, miles long sole slowly compressed the pilots inside. Their last thoughts: "What....power..."

Her giant foot finally met the ground, and she wiped her brow, holding her bleeding chest with one hand. She slowly stumbled back to one of the towns she had previously been to, remembering someone....
---------------------------------------------------------
Juan noticed the familiar earth shaking as his "friend" returned. He looked up, still barely able to see past the ankles. Everyone cowered, but soon remembered she was friendly.

Then without warning, he was wisked up by a tight grip, and brought up slowly to the eyes of his giant catgirl "mistress".

"Hello, Mouse-boy! I'm......back.....ugh..." She stumbled around still, holding her chest.

"You're wounded! The military tried to attack you?"

"Yeah....I'm.....ok...." Kari coughed a bit.

"You're injured. You need to rest. Is there anything I can do for you?" he asked, in all sincerity. Kari's eyes almost teared up. He wanted to help her? Such a small mouse-boy like him couldn't possibly do anything for her, and yet he still wanted to. This reminded her of the story of the tiger and the mouse, the one where the tiger let it's prey go, and the mouse repaid the good deed in it's own way. Though he couldn't help her physically, that was all the emotional help she needed. And her heart seemed to fill with a new warmth.

"Perhaps....perhaps human beings aren't that bad of a species at all. Even though they are violent, and they taste good, I can't deem them as dangerous or classify them as a constant food source. I should depart. And, maybe......"

"By the way, mouse-boy, I never did catch your name," her rumbling voice said to him.

"My name is Juan. You said you were Kari, right? I like you."

"Well, that's good, because I'm bringing you with me. I like you too!" She smiled as best as she could with that injury.

He smiled back nervously, as Kari walked back to the rendevous point, talking to him about her world, ethnics, everything he needed to know. She had decided. She would leave the planet alone for a while, but she had made a new friend.