- Text Size +
* * * * *

With all due respect to the rock star stage-named "Meat Loaf?" There are times when two-out-of-three is most definitely _not_ good. And, this was one of those times.

Because, the Titanic cheerleader who had unknowingly smuggled me into her sorority had evidently decided to get some practice in! I know; because no sooner had this woman stopped calling out for her roommate than the giant pom-poms I was hidden among were removed from their mesh carrying bad. Only to suddenly start getting shaken from left to right.

"Ready? OK!
And a vee-vo; and a vai-vo;
And a vee-vo, vai-vo, vum-vum!
Vum, get a shaa trap bigger than a tupp trap!
Vum, get a tupp trap bigger than a shaa trap!
Hooskah! Hooskah! Cis-boom-bah.
TGU MONARCHS, RAH-RAH-RAH!"

What else can I say? I felt like a squirrel caught in a tree during a hurricane!

The violent back-and-forth shaking, though, was soon replaced by an equally uncomfortable up-and-down motion as this young woman brought her routine to an end. She then (much to my immense relief) put her pom-poms away inside her closet. Or, rather, I assume that's what she did. As I plainly heard--even through my dizziness--the sound of a door opening and closing. Followed by my ears slightly plugging up from a rapid descent ending in another jarring bounce!

After that, there was a brief silence, followed by the sound of running water. Which even Dr. Watson could have deduced meant my unsuspecting benefactress was now taking a shower. This allowed me to emerge from the pom-poms like some Robinson Crusoe Japanese soldier emerging from a Phillipine island jungle thirty years after World War II.

Sure enough; I was in a closet. The proof of it was in all the shoes surrounding me, right and left. And, as I was still a little dizzy, I decided to sit down and rest my back against a stiletto heel. Yet, no sooner had the world stopped flip-flopping before my eyes, than another headache arose to plague me.

I'm being literal, here!

One of my lesser-used abilities (as a Sizeloan dhampir) is a sort of psychic early warning system that brings on a migraine whenever there are full-fledged sizevamps anywhere in my immediate vicinity. And, that's precisely what I was feeling, now!

"It can't be," I muttered to myself: "We're on a whole other planet, for crying out loud!"

Yet, the migraine persisted. Reaching a peak of intensity at the same time as someone began screaming. The loudest scream of terror I had ever heard! So, I re-enlarged myself to giant-size; drew my Smith & Wesson Model 39; and charged out of the closet at a dead run for the bathroom.

I kicked in the bathroom door; leveled my gun; and told the man I saw kneeling on the floor to get up. Very slowly; hands over his head. The guy chuckled, but complied. As he did so, my worst fear was realized.

The stark-naked body of the cheerleader was half-in/half-out of the shower. With the right side of her neck bearing two tiny holes in it!

"You have no idea who you're up against," said the sizevamp.

"Eat blessed steeljackets," was my only response.

tbc