- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
RAY VENN'S P.O.V.
* * * * *

Now, I've had a lot of different reactions, from first-time witnesses to my sizechanging. But, the response I got from Lihsah Gruja was definitely a first. She picked me up in a bear hug (like I really was an Archavian little kid, instead of just the size of one) and gave me several pecks of gratitude on my right facial cheek!

"Thank you-thank you-thank you-THANK YOU! Thank you, _so much_, for saving my life."

"Uhm! You're welcome?"

My flustered response provided Dah Liah no end of amusement. But, after a few moments, even she became eager to continue with the more serious reason for our visit.

"Miss Gruja. Is it true that you bought a rescued Earth human from the Titan Station gift shop? A blonde-haired female, to be precise?"

"What?" replied Lihsah, as she deposited me back on the floor: "Oh, yes! But, what does that have to do with...?"

"She was abducted by the same aliens who took me," I explained: "Not to mention, the...being who killed your roommate."

That was when I heard the faint shout.

"Ray?! Ray, is that you?"

I turned around and looked to my left. There, on the floor of the closet--the same one I'd briefly been in, hours earlier, and the door to which was now fully open--was a dollhouse shaped like a castle. And, waving to me, from the lowered drawbridge of that castle was Professor Paula Drake!

I could not help grinning as I walked over and crouched down.

"Long time/no see, prof! How about joining us on a more equal level?"

Before she could even nod her head, I picked her up in my right hand (as gently as possible) and brought her over to Dah and Lihsah. More specifically; I put her on the carpet in between them...before enlarging her to the proportionate size of a real Archavian woman.

All three women were now taller than me. Yet, Paula, herself, looked like she was about to faint! So, I hurriedly escorted her over to the nearer of two beds and sat her down on it.

"You just relax, here, and I'll explain everything."

Whereupon, I went into a more detailed explanation--than I had initially given to Dah--as to my origin, abilities, and reason for meeting up with her (Paula) in the first place.

"Now, if I can just find Niall Freeman," I sighed as I concluded: "...my day would be complete. And, the three of us could stow away aboard the first rocket ship headed home!"

As if in karmic rebuttal, there was suddenly a loud slam followed by a female voice shouting for us all to freeze!

"Imperial Security Service!" came the added identification.

I spun about and saw two armed people (a man and a woman) standing in the dorm room doorway. Each one wearing a gold outfit similar to Dah's. Only, in their case, I had the sinking feeling that theirs were genuine.

This was confirmed, five seconds later, as Paula and I found ourselves being put into some kind of high-tech handcuffs. Our arms behind our backs.

tbc