- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SAN GABRIEL UNIVERSITY, CAL.
EARTH-01072014
(FIVE MONTHS EARLIER)
* * * * *

Valerie Arcoymicc was halfway to her next class, when she felt a gentle tap on her left shoulder from behind. Upon turning around, she beheld her science lab partner.

"Annie; hey! What's up?"

"I found something interesting outside our dorm, the other night," replied Annie McAllen: "And, I wanted you to be the first I show it to."

"Ooooooh!" exclaimed the green-eyed brunette (with good-naturedly melodramatic sarcasm): "What ever could it be?"

Annie reached under her sweater and withdrew...a female-looking doll with red hair and green eyes.

Valerie was impressed with how life-like it looked, and said as much out loud. To which Annie smilingly responded:

"She is alive."

Whereupon, she threw Claire Martin right in Valerie's face! The former grabbing on to the latter's bottom lip with both hands...and kissing it. Almost immediately, Val shrank to a height of four inches! Prompting Annie to pick up both little women, at once, and stuff them into a vintage "Bugaloos" lunch box.

"You alright in there?" she asked, five minutes later, in a more private spot.

"So right!" chortled the renegade mini-goddess: "Look!!"

Claire Martin pointed downward to where Val was on all fours...kissing Claire's feet.

"Perfect!" remarked Annie: "So, where do we go, now?"

"Next stop? Verta's place."

* * * * *

THE PLANET ARCHAVIA
(5 MONTHS LATER)

RAY VENN'S P.O.V.

We were taken to see the Titan Emperor's chief of staff. His real name is classified ultra-top secret by the Archavian government. So, I can't reveal it aloud or in print. I can only refer to him using an appropriate pseudonym.

How about Simperius Wimpus?

I mean, I've encountered my share of anal-retentive bureaucrats before. But, this guy took the proverbial cake! We didn't have a pre-existing appointment to see him. And, he refused to listen to our story without one. He told us we'd have to leave and basically phone for an appointment to come back and tell him about the potential threat to his world!!

I admit it, freely...and shamelessly. I lost my temper.

"How about I show you, instead?"

With that, I used Archavia's lighter gravity to once more aid me. This time, to perform a spinning back-kick that knocked the wind out of this one hundred fifteen-foot pencil-neck! Doubling him over enough that I was able to pin him to the top of his desk...and shrink him to three inches tall. Which, for all I knew, was probably the Archavian equivalent of "micro-!"

Needless to say, Captain Lavrem and her adjutant were quick to lock their ray guns on me.

"Restore him to normal size, Venn. Now!!!"

"Okay, okay! I just wanted to get my point across. Namely, that time is of the essence, and this world can't afford to go by the usual rulebook."

"I quite agree," added a new voice, from an apparently hidden loudspeaker: "I thank you for your steadfast adherence to protocol, Simperius. But, I think I can waive it, just this once, to hear our visitors out."

Simperius blanched (I've always wanted to use that word!) and knelt down on one knee.

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

tbc