- Text Size +
Day 8
Terra was woken up by a gentle touch on her shoulders. Slowly becoming aware, Terra looked over at the elf who seemed excited. After a few moments, Terra was fully awake trying to figure out what the kid wanted. Getting a better look at him now, she realized that the bags under his eyes had darkened again. She also noticed that his hands would shake, which she figured was from exhaustion. Once this was over, she would ensure that he got some rest. Focusing back on the kid, she noticed that he held a stick and wanted to get her attention. Fully focusing on him, he pointed to her then his ear. He then broke the stick in half, and pointed back at her. Finally he made a push up motion on the ground. Realizing what he was saying, Terra felt elated. This would finally be over soon.

Running off towards the tree, the kid soon made his way to the top as the all too familiar sound of his ax came. Waiting patiently for the signal, Terra tried to slow down her heart beat. Tensing every muscle in order to push up was her main goal. It wasn’t long until the first snap caught her attention. It was soon followed by a series of sounds as she started to push up. As she strained to push the log up, Terra could feel it give inch by inch. Even though the tree was cut, it was still heavy. With the thought of freedom, came another burst of energy as she lifted the tree even higher.

It was at this time that the kid had jumped down the tree and ran over to his pack. Throwing the pack onto his back as fast as possible, the kid made a run for the wood line. Finally looking up as the tree gave its last few inches, Terra saw the kid on the edge of the wood line looking back at her.

“Don’t go!” yelled Terra as she finally felt the tree start to roll off of her.

Time seemed to go in slow motion as she continued to look at the kid. With a slight smile and a tear running down his eye, he bolted into the wood line as fast as his legs would take him. After the tree had finally rolled off her body, Terra made an attempt to go after him knowing that she could catch him. It wasn’t until she took her first step, that she realized that she was falling forward. Looking back at her feet, Terra noticed a rope that was tied around her ankle and a root in the ground. With a tug the rope snapped as Terra continued running into the woods.

She needed to find him and thank him. Terra wouldn’t give up that easily. Knowing that speed was on her side, Terra threw one leg in front of the other as she destroyed any obstacle in her way. Terra searched the area for the next few hours finding nothing. Finally giving up, Terra made her way back to the tree to reclaim her things. It would take four days to get back to civilization, but this would help get her mind off things.


Terra felt lonely again as she saw the outline of the village start to form. Arriving back at the village late, Terra wasn’t in the best of moods. She had survived off of nuts and berries the last few days, and now she wanted a real meal. First though, she had to get the rest of her reward money. Walking through the streets at night, Terra was used to the looks that the villagers were giving her. Finding the correct house, Terra bent over and started knocking on the door. Waiting a few moments, Terra knocked on the door again even harder. Finally hearing a reply from inside, Terra examined the small indents in the door that her fist had made.

Suddenly the door opened to a short fat bald man in his pajamas. Realizing who it was, the man rushed back into the house and retrieved a bag of gold. Rushing back through the house, the man deposited it into Terra’s hand and proceeded to shut the door. Terra didn’t mind because she just wanted the money. Feeling the weight of the gold in her hand, Terra decided to visit an inn and get some sleep.

Walking through the darkened streets, Terra noticed that the public bar was a little too lively tonight. Deciding that it wasn’t worth her time, Terra was about to leave until a group of men were thrown out of the bar. Taking a closer look at the group, Terra recognized three of the men out of the five, and she decided that she could have a little more fun tonight.

Quickly closing ground, Terra shoved the men to the side as she grabbed the leader and lifted him off the ground. Seeing their friend lifted off the ground, one member of the group went to hit Terra but his hand just bounced off her stomach. Looking down, Terra promptly kneed the guy in the chest sending him flying backwards. Being drunk, another one pulled out a knife and ran towards Terra, but was met with a swift slap to his face. With another one knocked out, the group decided to run away. This didn’t bother Terra because she had who she wanted.

Looking back at the man, he was trying his best to kick Terra in the stomach only for his feet to bounce off. Getting tired of this, Terra smashed her fist into his left thigh. The leg went limp after this, but the man was still struggling. Reaching towards his sides, Terra found his coin pouch. Stuffing it into her pocket, Terra looked back at the man. Walking into the dark alleyway, Terra continued her lesson. She wouldn’t kill him, but she would make sure that he remembered never to do something like this ever again.
Chapter End Notes:
With the end of this chapter I'll finally be able to continue with the story. Again thank you for reading my story