- Text Size +

You looked up through the shadow cast by the coffee table to see Beth sitting on the couch with her feet hanging off and dangling in the air.  There was a small red patch on the bottom of her foot from where Aerial’s life was snuffed out.  Suddenly Beth started to move her feet.  Everyone gasped in panic, fearful that she saw them.  The sudden sound of a kids T.V. show being turned on relaxed everyone to a degree as they realized that she was just kicking her feet back and forth in anticipation for her show.  Beth started to hum the opening song of the show and acted like she didn’t just kill someone.  Technically she didn’t really kill someone, she killed a bug.  You slunk back deeper into the shadows for safety.  There was no way she would recognize any of you, in fact you could barely recognize your own friends.

“We have to get Hana’s help,” You tell everyone.

“How are we going to do that, huh, smart guy?  Oh I’m sorry I mean smart BUG!” Bob yelled at you.

“Shhh,” Trixie shushed Bobby.  “We don’t want her to hear us.”

Kaylee laughed loudly.  “Why not?  You afraid she might find us?  She couldn’t hear Aerial, and if she did hear her did it change anything?  She was still squished like some insect!”

“So what do you purpose that we just stay here and wait till someone notices that we are all missing?”  Patrick asked as the conversation was getting heated.  “Did you tell anyone where you were going?  Did any of you?  Does Hana even know about his party?”

No one said anything.  “… I didn’t think I needed to tell someone where I was going in case I got TURNED INTO A FUCKING BUG!”  Kaylee screamed.

“Everyone stop!” You yelled to try and stop the yelling.  “Ok, so we are bugs, and yes Aerial is dead.  There is nothing we can do to change what happened.   What we need to do is come up with a plan.  Now I think we should try and see if Hana can help, but if you all think we should hid until someone might notice us missing and look for us then fine.  Let’s take a vote who thinks we should stay here till help arrives, raise your hand.”

No one raised their hands… or legs.  “Umm... ok sorry I mean your-”

“Yeah we know what you meant,” Kaylee said.  “I don’t think anyone agrees with that idea.  So how do we get Hana’s attention?”

“Well…” You said still not thinking it all through.  “Umm, maybe if we head toward her room we can get her attention and she might notice us and figure out that we aren’t really bugs.”

“That’s your great plan?”  Bobby asked.

Kaylee started to speak, “So you plan to leave the living room without little miss bug killer up there seeing you, head all the way to Hana’s room, which is probably like 100 miles away at our size, and hope that Hana recognizes that we are actually people who magically turned into bugs?”

Getting angry at them shooting down your plan, “Hey at least I’m trying!”

“Stop it the both of you,” Trixie said.  “Ok, so the plan isn’t bullet proof but it is a plan.  I think we have a better chance of survival if we get out of here.  Beth is too distracted with the T.V. to notice anything right?  So we use this time to escape.  Right,” she asked you.

You nodded, “Yeah her shows are 30 min and she will sit there for hours watching show after show if someone doesn’t stop her.”

“Fine, where to?” Patrick asked.  Everyone looked at you.

“We have to make it to the kitchen and then down to Hana’s room.”

 

You crept slowly out from the shadow of the coffee table and looked at the best way to get to the kitchen.  Luckily the T.V. was on the opposite side of the room so Beth was looking off to the right while the kitchen was to the left in the other direction of her attention.  It was a short distance to the wall and you could just stick to the wall, slowly and unnoticeable, sneak into the kitchen undetected.  Shaking in fear you ran (the best you could in your new body) to the wall.  You ran into the wall and pressed up against it like you were trying to merge with the wall.  You didn’t look back in fear of Beth seeing you.  Every second was agony for you as you waited to hear the tall tale of Beth’s heavy footsteps approaching.  When there was nothing you slowly turned around to see she was still fixated on the T.V.  Never have you been so happy that T.V. was invented.

You quickly waved a bug hand to the group for them to follow.  One by one they followed your example until they all reached the wall.  Beth was still glued to the T.V.  She was still kicking her legs back and forth and occasionally giggling and laughing at her show.  She seemed so adorable… if it weren’t for the fact that she killed Aerial and would do the same if she found them too.  Slowly you lead your group toward the kitchen and out of the living room.  The walk seemed like it would take days to reach the kitchen as you slowly crept toward the kitchen.

“Hurry up,” Bobby whispered to you.

“If we move to fast she might see us in the corner of her eye,” You replied.

“I feel too exposed.  We should just run,” Bobby whispered again.

“Are you kidding,” you asked.  “It’s like a mile away.  Not to mention I can barely run like this, what about you?”  Bobby mumbled something under his breath but dropped the subject.  You all were almost there when all of a sudden there was a loud thump.  You froze as did everyone else.  Looking back toward the couch you saw that Beth hopped down from the sofa, and started to head toward you all.  Each step was like 100 of your steps as she stomped loudly toward you all with a thrilled smile on her face.  All of you were frozen in fear as she lumbered toward you all.  Shutting your eyes you waited for the end to come.  Suddenly the footsteps passed you all and continued on toward the kitchen.  You open your eyes to see that she went into the kitchen.  Still you didn’t move as you heard the sound of a chair being pulled across the floor.  There was the sound of objects being moved around.  Then the chair was moved again.  Unexpectedly there was the sound of the fridge opening and the sound of ‘oohing’ and the door closing.  Then the chair was being dragged again until it stopped.  Then the familiar sound of Beth’s footsteps were being heard coming back.  Again you all cowered up against the wall hoping to blend in without her noticing you.  She wobbled into the room with a hand full of the cheese puffs in the bowl that you left on the kitchen table (those were her favorite snack food).  She must have used the chair to get up there; you also noticed a can of soda in her hands too.  She used the chair to open the fridge and get the soda.  She was a cleaver girl…

When she got to the couch she placed the bowl on the coffee table spilling a few puffs in the process.  She bent down and picked them up where they fell down under the coffee table.  You didn’t say anything but you knew that everyone was grateful that they ran instead of stayed there.  She quickly popped them into her mouth and you could hear her munching loudly from where you were. 

“Let’s go,” You say as you all started to move toward the kitchen.  You barely got a few steps when you heard the sound of the can of soda being opened and spilling some liquid.  You looked back to see that the soda fizzed and ran down on the carpet.  Beth looked down at the mess she made and then looked back up locking eyes with you.  You stop hoping that she didn’t see you.

A giant smile exploded on her face as she set the soda down next to the cheese puffs.  She quickly started to head toward your direction.

“RUN!” You shouted as you all sprinted to the kitchen.  By the time you all reached the kitchen she was right on your heels.  You, Bobby, and Trixie made it as the wall opened up for the kitchen.  Patrick and Kaylee weren’t so lucky.  You didn’t look back as you heard them screaming which then disappeared.  Your heart was beating so fast from fear, that you swear that it was about to explode.  Beth was going to kill you!  All those times you played with her and made her food.  Everything you did for that little girl and now this is how she repays you? 

You headed toward the hallway where you hoped you could lose Beth and find Hana.  You heard the screams of Bobby and Trixie who stayed with the wall and headed deeper into the kitchen.  Beth must have chased after them instead of you.  You felt panic raise up inside of you as you feared what was next.  Then there were those footsteps that were heading toward you. 

“Noo,” you shouted in fear and frustration as you were about to reach the hallway.  You could take a quick right and dive under the door into the bathroom-

Your thoughts were quickly shattered as a dark shadow was cast over you.  Was this it?  Would you feel it or would it be quick and painless?  Suddenly there was a feeling of warmth as a pudgy little hand wrapped around you and picked you up.  The force that grabbed you didn’t put that much pressure on you, just enough to keep you from getting away.  You wiggled and screamed for someone to save you.  Your cries for help were answered by a little child’s giggle.

“That tickles little bug.”

Next thing you knew you were dropped in a plastic see through jar.  You quickly looked up and saw Beth beaming down with a giant smiling grin on her face.  She quickly fished into her pockets and pulled out her hand clenched in a fist.  It opened up above you and Patrick, Kaylee, and a handful of lint rain down.  Next was the other pocket which was Bobby and Trixie and more lint.  You all huddled up close as best you could as she giggled above you all.

“W-w-what…?” Trixie asked too terrified to complete the question.

You gulped terrified just as much as she was; only you knew what they didn’t know.  You saw this jar once and asked Beth about it.  She told you it was her buggy jar.  It was where she saved her buggies she caught for later.  You never saw her use it but now you could.  Only you wish you weren’t getting a firsthand experience.

Beth pointed at you and said, “1,” Then at Trixie “2…3… 4… and” she thought quickly and then said, “5!  I caught 5 bugs!” Beth shouted with a gleeful smile on her face.  Any other day you would probably applaud her and give her praise but now … words couldn’t describe the feelings you were having.  Fear didn’t describe it as you looked up at the giantess who skipped back to her couch and set you all down next to the bowl of cheese puffs.  Beth continued to watch her show like nothing even happened. 

“W-what…. What’s going on,” Bobby asked.  Again you were too scared to talk finally you had your voice back.

“This is her buggy jar…” you say defeated.  “She keeps her bugs here till she is ready to play with them.”

“Play,” Trixie asked scared at what that meant.  Patrick tried to climb the walls but they were too slick for him to get up.  Suddenly Trixie let out a yelp as everyone looked up.  Beth’s hand raced over top of them causing everyone to panic.  The hand hovered over them but then moved away as it made its way toward the bowel of cheese puffs.  Beth grabbed a handful of cheese puffs and brought it over to her mouth.  She was still engrossed in the show that she wasn’t paying attention to what she was grabbing for.  Beth shoved the 2 or 3 puffs in her hand into her mouth and crunched down on them.  The sound of the puffs being obliterated by this little girl sent shivers down your spine… or whatever you had.  Beth went to reach for her soda and brought the can up to her lips and too a loud slurping sip.  She set the can down but had to look at the table to see where she was setting it down. 

She again made eye contact with you.  A light lite up in her eyes as she seemed to remember you!

“Beth it’s me!” you shouted hoping she heard you.

“What do bugs taste like,” She said curiously.

“no…” you barely said as she reached for the jar.  No one moved, as they were too scared to even think of moving Beth tilted the jar and started to shake the jar until a bug spilled out… it was Bobby.

“BOBBY!” Tracie screamed as the jar was tilted back up trapping them in their prison.  Bobby tried to run away but Beth quickly pinched him with her other hand tightly by the leg causing him to scream out in pain…

 

Bobby yelled as pain raced up his leg as he felt the giant digits bearing down on his leg.  Suddenly there was a jerking sensation and agony ran up his leg as suddenly his leg was ripped off.  Screaming in agony Bobby rolled around and squirmed as the pain was intolerable.  Beth let out a giggle at his pain.  She then grabbed his other leg and did the same process.  Bobby begged but she didn’t hear him as she tried to pull him up again with his leg but it ripped off again.  This time instead of giggling at his pain she started to seem frustrated.  She tried again with his arm and then his other.  Bobby couldn’t say anything as is screams damaged his throat and couldn’t speak anymore.  Beth had a frown on her face as she seemed irate at not being able to pick him up correctly.  Then she pinched Bobby’s body forcefully almost to the point to where he thought he would explode from the pressure.  With a joyful look of success she lifted Bobby up and brought him to her mouth which opened and salivated in wait for its next meal.  Bobby weakly moaned as he felt the heated breath of Beth’s rolling over him.  It smelled of soda and cheese from her previous meal.  Strands of orange saliva dripped from the roof of her mouth and her tongue wiggled in joyful suspension of its next acquaintance.  Bobby started to weep as Beth practically flicked him into her awaiting maw.  She clamped her mouth shut the moment he hit her tongue which swished him around into a gooey puddle of salvia.  The liquid stuck fast to him as he was rolled around and swathed with it.  Bobby was gagging on the liquid as it filled his mouth and the hint of cheese was detected in the liquid.  In fact the smell of cheese that he smelled from outside the mouth was intensified to the point that he swore that she still had a mouthful of the cheese puffs in here with him.  Bobby was flicked by the giant tongue he was on into a fleshy wall which pushed up against the tongue with equal force.  Bobby let out moan as he was squished up against both squish but firm substances. Then suddenly to his horror he felt something hard push up from below and then down from above.  He felt tears rolling down his eyes as he realized that those were Beth’s molars.  “Help… me…” He cried…

 

You watched in horror as Beth bite down and there was a sickening sound of Bobby being pulverized into a paste.  Beth kept chewing and a look of disgust came on her face. “Ewww,” she said as she picked up her soda and with a loud slurp washed the flavor away with a gulp of soda.  “Yucky,” Beth said and picked up a cheese puff and bite into it.  “I like these better.”  As she started to swallow she had a look like she came up with a genus idea.  “What does cheesy bug taste like?”  

“You monster,” Screamed Trixie.  Beth didn’t even blink at her as she reached for the jar again.  Everyone started to yell at her to stop but again she didn’t even react to them.  She started to tilt the jar again to acquire her next victim…

 

Chapter End Notes:

If there are any mistakes please let me know.  Not going to be super accurate on real bug details for example yes I know bugs don’t cry.