- Text Size +

‘So, you popular around here’ asked Gracie.

‘I have a good circle of friends’ I replied. We were both walking through the park, going back to the parking lot.

‘Surely you must have had a long list of girlfriends, you look like the type who gets by’ she smiled.

‘Really?’ I asked.

‘No’ she laughed. I laughed as well. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to me. She embraced it and cuddled me.

‘It’s so nice to have a man escorting me around, especially so big and strong like you’ she smiled.

‘Why thank you, I try my best to stay in shape’ I replied.

‘Really?’ she asked.

‘Yeah, I used to play basketball, but now I play soccer, captain for my team’. Wow I was boasting a lot.

‘Yeah, I bet you score a lot of goals with those legs and feet of yours, there’s no stopping you’ she said. ‘Those are some big feet, what size are you?’

‘Well, I’m size 10, I could of sworn these shoes were a little tight, but they feel much better to wear now’ I replied. And that was true. My feet did seem slightly smaller in these shoes. I was going to buy a new pair, but it seems like these will do fine for now.We got to the car and got in.

‘Thank you for tonight Michael’ she said, leaning over to me and kissing me on the cheek. I began to go slightly red.

‘Oh, well you know, it’s no problem Gracie’. She began to laugh.

‘Let’s go to my house’ She said.


We got back to our street and I parked on my driveway. We both got out and held hands as we strolled to the other side of the street to Gracie’s house. She unlocked the door and both we went in.

‘Trish’ Gracie shouted. ‘We’re back, will just be downstairs’

‘Ok’ Trish replied from upstairs.

‘Take your shoes off, make yourself comfortable in the living room’ Gracie said, ‘I’m just quickly going upstairs to the bathroom.

‘Ok Gracie’ I replied. I bent down and untied the lace to my shoes. Wow I thought to myself. These shoes seems so loose. I took them both off and placed them by the door and went into the living room. Suddenly, Trish walked through the door and sat down next to me on the couch.

‘May I help you?’ I asked, nicely. What was she doing her?

‘Can you get me a soda’ Trish said, turning on the TV and watching a show. I was confused. Was she asking me to get her something when I was the guest.

‘Excuse me?’

‘Just go to the kitchen, and in the fridge is a can of soda’ She said slowly, obviously not realising how rude she was being.   

‘Ok, I guess’ I slowly got up and walked to the kitchen. I went into the fridge and got her a can of soda. I then walked back into the room and handed it to her.

‘Ice?’ She asked.

‘Get it yourself, you live here’ I snapped back. She stared at me for several moments and got up, snatched the can of soda and went into the kitchen. Just then, a weird tingling feeling just struck me and I fell onto the couch.


‘Hey wake up’

‘I think he’s waking up’

I opened my eyes and I was looking up at Gracie’s face and the ceiling. I looked down and I was stretched out along the sofa, my head resting in her lap.

‘Wha-What happened?’ I asked, confused.

‘Trish said you just fell onto the couch when she went to get a drink, you don’t look to good’ Gracie replied. I rotated and stumbled onto the floor. My head next to Gracie’s feet.

‘Urgh, I feel terrible, we didn’t even have anything to drink’ I said. What was happening to me. I managed to get back onto my two feet but felt weird. My clothes. They felt slightly baggy.

‘What’s happening’ I asked. Gracie got up from the couch and stared at me.

‘Nothing’s happening’ Gracie said. ‘You like fine’. She had a reassuring smile, but I felt quite the opposite. It hit me. I was slightly taller than Gracie. At the beginning of the day, Gracie was just above my shoulder, but now, I was eye level with the top of my head. I looked down to the ground and saw that she was barefoot and I was still wearing my loose socks. I looked up about to speak, but she smiled, she knew what was going on.

‘You’ve lost six inches, Trish think’s you need to be a little smaller, but it’s always nice to look up to a man, even if he is shrinking’ Gracie evilly sneered. I began to ran but Trish jumped out from her armchair and brought me to the ground. I know I was smaller but I wasn’t going to be pinned down by a 15 year old, that was before Gracie jumped on top and eventually, Trish was sitting on my legs and Gracie was sitting on my chest, my arms trapped alongside me.

‘Maybe she’s right, maybe you need to be a little smaller so that your easier to restrain’

‘No please Gracie I don’t know what's happening but you can’t...’ I was cut off. She placed her hand over my mouth, bent forward and kissed my forehead before staring straight into my eyes. I could feel the two become bigger and heavier, and a tear fell from my eye.