- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Their first conversation!

Disembarking from the craft with his worries now transformed into fury, Adrian had been expecting to see heavy machinery and a very misinformed rescue team. "What in the fuck! I've been sitting here for hours, you finally get here, and your first idea is to start dragging the fucking plane?? What part of search and rescue don't you fucking get?? Other than the emotional trauma I'm fine by the way, no fucking thanks to…" There was sudden silence as Adrian watched a colossal woman chuck the ruined plane into the ocean.

He swallowed slowly as he finally came to the realization of what exactly the "thunder" had been. As his mind continued to struggle to process what he was seeing, he recalled what his manager had said prior to their first tour: "Fans are great, but they can be a real menace. Don't laugh- I'm serious. I've seen guys approached by groupies and then get drugged and kidnapped. Or the chick will purposefully give out punctured condoms to whatever guy they're planning to get with so that they'll be forced to stay together. Never, never underestimate what a fan will do."

Adrian still didn't understand the mechanics of what had happened, but it had at least, in a general sense, started to make some sense. "Okay, I get it…look, if you wanted to meet me, or whatever, ya didn't…didn't need to crash the plane and do……" He gestured about himself and the much larger world around him, "do…this…big…thing…I really don't quite get how you managed to uh, do it, but look, just change me back and I won't press any charges. I just want to get to my next gig. No need for anything, erm, dramatic…hey!" By the end he had noticed that the giant girl wasn't even paying attention. "Hey, what the fuck!"

Anna ignored him as he continued to yell at her. Eventually, she spoke in an even tone. "Unless you want the dragnats to descend upon you and devour you, I suggest you shut up. I don't know who you are or why you are here and I most certainly did not 'arrange' for you to be here." She continued sketching for a while longer before she packed up her supplies. She hefted the large backpack onto her shoulders and started walking away.

"Dragnat…? What in the..." He shook his head before noticing that she had prepared to go. "Now wait a fucking second! You need to help me! If nothing else, you just tossed the fucking shelter I was using into the god damn ocean!!! That still had some of my stuff on board, not to mention the bodies of some of the people I was travelling with! And if it's so dangerous around here, then why would you leave someone who's just been in a horribly traumatic accident out here when you know your way around!? As far as we're concerned, you owe me dammit!"

Adrian fumed, crossing his arms and taking a very stern pose. While waiting for her to turn around and respond, he saw out of the corner of his eye that his guitar case, and therefore the prized possession within, had survived both the crash and the flinging of the plane. He hefted it, not used to having to transport his own gear after having roadies for the past few years. Regardless, the fact that he had it was a sort of divine signal that maybe things would work out alright. Besides, already he'd managed to find someone who, through her own actions, was now obligated to help him. Surely things could only continue to improve.

"I am in no way obligated to help you. There is plenty of shelter if you are imaginative. You are small enough to fit anywhere and call it shelter. As for the plane, it was blocking my view of the coast. So I got rid of it."

She kept walking for a while, amused somewhat that he was still following her. When the tide began to turn, though, and water started flooding the narrow beach they walked on, she veered right and made her way back through the foliage. She pushed past the heavy palm fronds that blocked her way before sliding down a short slope into a dry creek bed. It made for much easier walking. She heard the human huffing along behind her and hoped the annoying thing would just leave her alone.

Adrian was becoming increasingly irritated with the situation. Why was this person, regardless of size, being so obstinate? Even if she didn't have a debt to him for destroying the plane and most of his possessions, she still should have rendered him assistance just for the sheer fact that it was the right thing to do!

After giving her the benefit of the doubt for much longer than he cared to, and, in doing so, having to hurriedly jog to keep up, he had had enough. He growled under his breath before beginning his justified rant, "Fine, forget it you big Brobdingnagian bitch! Don't help me because you owe, don't help me because it's the right thing to do, and surely don't help me because I'm the fastest guitar player in the whole fucking world! Do you know how many girls would kill to be in the position you're in? To have me all to themselves' and helpless like this? I hope next time you get stranded in the land of the fucking giants that someone kicks over your house and leaves you there despite the minimal amount of effort it would take for them to help! Good luck sleeping soundly tonight you giant heartless monster!"

With a final middle finger, he had sent her on her way. What to her would have been a mere pebble was sent spiraling with a violent kick as the beleaguered guitarist flopped down. Mad as he was, the only thing to do at that point was to vent. Luckily, inside his case there was a small battery powered practice amplifier, and it wasn't long after the confrontation until the sounds of beautifully distorted Beethoven and Mozart could be heard. Of course, the Blues and pentatonic scales were utilized as well as some simple yet satisfying straight shredding. It was a solo worth being televised world-wide, yet of course no one was around to hear it. Either way, he felt better upon its conclusion, and he had even managed to prove the big cold-hearted colossus wrong. He had made an abundance of loud noise and managed to attract nary a single living creature. Perhaps the brutally melodic sound of his playing had kept them at bay.

Adrian stowed his things and looked around with a sigh. "Well, fuck."

Anna kept walking, ignoring his rants. It wasn't her job to help him. It was her great-uncles', great-grandparents' and her grandfather's. She stopped when she thought of how disappointed they would be in her. She chewed her lip and thought of her uncle's human wife. The girl would be devastated if she found out the sweet Anna she knew couldn't give a crap about the rest of humanity.

"Stupid expectations." She grumbled and turned back around. She wasn't going to go out of her way to help him. But if he could keep up, she wouldn't let him die.

When she got back to where she had left him, she saw a small-to-her barox sneaking up on the unwary human. Lengthening her stride, she swung her staff and connected it with the cat-like predator just as it launched itself into the air. It shrieked in pain as it landed in the sand. The spotted predator struggled to get up, but its back legs would not move. One more blow to the head sent it into oblivion.

Anna looked down at the shaking human. "If you can keep up with me, I won't let you die." That said, she turned and began walking again.