- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I totally forgot two updates in a row. I will post chapter 10 tomorrow and regular updates will resume on Thursday.

Adrian smirked, "Believe me, I can see from here just how cold it is…and sure, I'll join you, but I'd rather not have to contend with this mountain of a hill to get down there." He sniggered, "Think you would mind giving me a VIP lift down to the water?"

As if to entice her, he stood there in his boxers and cocked his head to the side, hands framing his taught musculature.

Anna continued to tread water for a minute as she pretended to think about his offer. "Hmm, I suppose I could give you a lift." Her eyes sparked mischievously as a soft grey light enveloped the human and lifted him out over the water. He hovered a few feet above Anna's head. She let him dangle there for a minute before cutting off the supply of magic.

Adrian dropped like a rock now that nothing was holding him in the air. He expected to hit the water and have it feel like cement only to find himself landing in Anna's hands once again. She snickered at his completely unamused face.

"Having fun yet?" She proceeded to float on her back, setting Adrian on her stomach then leaving him alone.

"Oh yes, loads." He rolled his eyes and made himself comfortable, which wasn't particularly hard considering Anna's smooth skin, and relaxed. "I could get used to this though. Heh, imagine having a party with tons of girls-ON a giant girl. Now that's a fun thought." A grin spread across his face as he lay there and indulged his imagination. "Ohh," he mumbled with a smirk.

He giggled some more, thinking on just what a giant wardrobe malfunction might look like.

Anna scoffed. "Pervert." That was all the warning he got before Anna was under the water and he was left to fight the current on his own. From underwater, Anna watched him flounder a bit before finally treading water. She smirked and reached out, running one nail down his leg. She laughed in her head when he jerked away. She repeated the teasing game with the other leg. Then, when he finally relaxed from her surprises, she pulled him underwater with her.

She held him in front of her face and smiled wide, showing off the extra set of elongated canine teeth.

Adrian had been a combination of mildly irritated and mildly amused when he was suddenly forced to stay afloat in the freezing water amidst her teasing. But when he was drug under his condition suddenly shifted to more along the lines of terrified. Her mouth was like that of a shark's, and the effect was all the more horrifying considering the pretty lips framing those deadly teeth.

He pushed and prodded at her hand to no avail, and perhaps she had failed to account for his miniscule lungs, but he desperately need air in addition to the fear he was feeling. Completely powerless against her, he could only wait until she decided what to do with him.

Anna chuckled and promptly used up the rest of her air. She gently wrapped her hand around Adrian and kicked to the surface. Her head broke the surface, followed in short order by the hand holding Adrian. She opened her fingers and let him sprawl in her palm.

She was highly tempted to trace his well defined arms, but decided against it. "Are you alright?"

He panted for a moment before regaining his composure, "You can be really fucking frightening some times, ya know that? You're lucky you're so much bigger than me and that I need you, or might have laid the smackdown on you!" There was at least a little bit of humor in the last bit, so evidently he wasn't fuming too terribly.

"And really, I haven't done much swimming yet: I think you really just wanted an excuse to hold me, shirtless and almost pant-less, in your hand. Again!"

She rolled her eyes and dumped him in the water. When he came back up, she said "If I wanted to hold you bare-ass naked in my hand, I would have no trouble from you whatsoever. In fact, I think you would strip for me. Probably put on a little show because you think you're so sexy. Don't you?"

Although her finger, entirely of its own accord, lightly touched his arms. She yanked her hand back as if it hand been burned and quickly dove underwater. You are such an idiot. He's probably going to get off the island and go back to his regular life. Or, he's going to stay and find himself a pretty human girl to manipulate. And he'll forget all about you. She dove to the bottom of the creek and just sat there. Thinking.

Adrian blinked at her sudden departure, "What the fuck? And no, I would not just strip for you! I have standards! Usually, being a famous guitarist, it's the girls doing the stripping!" He sniggered, looking down into the water and expecting her to start trying to tease him again.

After several moments, he chuckled somewhat nervously, "Aheh..you uh, coming back? Hello?" He treaded water for a moment longer before peeking his head under the surface. Unfortunately, it was pitch black and he couldn’t see jack shit.

She continued to sit on the bed of the creek. Occasionally, a fish would get too curious about the small human floating above. She would simply shock it with a bit of her energy and it would swim quickly away. Finally, she surfaced, taking a deep breath of air when she did.

She looked down at Adrian and sighed, a bit frustrated with self. "I'm going to dry off on the bank for a bit." So saying, she scrambled back up the bank, slipping once or twice in the slick mud. When she was back on the grass, she sprawled out in the sun and let her body slowly warm back up.

"Er, hey wait! You helped me in, aren't ya gonna help me out? Not a very good way to treat your celebrity guest!" Adrian cocked a smile and winked. He wasn't sure if she just wasn't paying attention or maybe couldn't hear him. Now waving, he continued, "Hey! Anna, help a guitar god out here?"

After that didn't seem to work, he began the long swim to the bank with a huff. The idea of having to scale that big wall of mud was, quite frankly, utterly unappealing. Hopefully by the time he got there she'd have gotten her act together and stopped ignoring him.

When he got to the bank, he latched onto a root and waited a moment. Anna flinched just a bit when he called her name again. She crawled over to the edge and reached down the bank. Her arms were just long enough to snag Adrian with her fingertips. She set him on the grass beside her then flopped back and continued to sun herself.

After a moment she stood to her feet. "I'm going to season and reheat some of that sliade meat. Come back when you're ready." She brushed the grass and dirt off and walked back to the camp. She changed back into her regular clothes and roughly toweled off her hair.

Adrian wore a quizzical expression, "Jeez, what's up with you man? You're acting like fans do when they think I'm not single! Or…" he mumbled here, "like it's that time of the month or something!" He put his palm to his forehead: it seemed he really would have to walk back. Apparently she really was getting sick of having him around, or at the very least carrying him.

Eventually he had meandered his way back to their humble camp, and was disappointed to see that the eye candy had gone. "Was starting to get used to the whole bikini thing…ah well." He wondered why she had suddenly become so distant, but, upon reflection and after remembering some of their earlier encounters, it ceased to bother him. Cold and distant was, as far as he knew, just how she was. She hated men and especially didn't care for him. With that in mind, he went to go dry off in the tent.

When the meat was done, she ate her fill then plated some up for Adrian. She took it into the tent and set it in front of him before reducing it to his size. Then she sat down on the bedroll, pulled out the sliade hide and began making clothes for Adrian. It took her the rest of the afternoon, but when she was done, he had a long sleeved shirt, pants and moccasin boots. She set them down in front of him.

"Here, these will keep you warmer than what you're wearing. Today was probably the last of the nice weather. Winter is coming, soon."

He looked the clothes over curiously, "Ah, thanks…they look tremendously stylish." A hot breath of a laugh escaped his lips as he started to get dressed. "So, I take this means that you truly are sick of seeing me shirtless huh? Got so sick of it you had to go and make me clothes." He shot her another wink before pulling the shirt on. "I suppose you can just let me know if you ever feel the insatiable urge to see male muscles. Buuuut, considering how you feel about guys, I take it that probably won't happen for awhile, if ever!"

Adrian fixed his hair and chuckled to himself, "I appreciate that you took the time to make me some duds even if you're not exactly a fan of me as a person or as a guy. Sorry you're still stuck traveling with me due to the inclement weather, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll be free soon enough haha."

She rolled her eyes. "You'll be happier overall in these, even if you don't look like the deity you think you are. We'll reach the human city soon enough. I know you would rather be happier with anyone else and be anywhere but here so I'll move as quick as I can."

She kicked off her boots and stretched out on the bedroll. She laid there for a few minutes before digging through her pack and producing a thick book. She flipped to a dog-eared page and began reading. She kept reading long into the evening, producing a small lantern when it became too dark to see. Ultimately, she fell asleep sprawled across the book.

Chapter End Notes:

See? that poisonous voice in her head dripped. He doesn't want a relationship. He just wants a quick fuck. That's all men ever want. No matter the species.

She had hoped that voice would be wrong. That Adrian would prove that voice wrong. But he hadn't. She was surprised by just how much she wanted a new perspective on men. She just needed a little proof.