- Text Size +

 Elsa shot up to a sitting position as she was abruptly awoken. At first she was confused, looking around for what might have awoken her. Her mind slowly started working as she wondered why and how she was on the floor. The last thing she remembered was sitting on her bed talking to Anna when-

 Her eyes went wide. The nightmare, the man in her reflection, the never ending stream of images haunting her as she saw her sister die over and over again by her own hands. It all came back clear as day. She moved to stand, until a small voice caught her attention.

 “Elsa! Can you hear me?”

She recognized that voice. “Anna?”

 “Elsa! Finally. I’ve been calling you for almost 10 minutes. Are you ok?”

 “Yes. But I don’t understand. What happened? Where are you?”

 “I’m in your ear. I’ll explain later. For now I need you to find the Troll King. We need his help to get back to normal size.”

 Elsa blinked. “In my ear? What? ‘Normal Size’?”

 “Elsa please. We need to hurry. Something really bad is com-“

 “You’re Highness!” A younger guard came dashing into the room, sweat pouring down his face and fear in his eyes.

 Elsa took a moment to compose herself before addressing the guard. ”What’s wrong?”

 “Ma’am. The local troll population has gathered outside the main gate seeking shelter. Their king claims to be in dire need of an audience with you and Princess Anna. There is talk of a yellow eyed monster.”

 Elsa heard a panicked gasp at those words. From the sound of it, Anna was scared. Elsa’s mind raced. Something had happened, something involving magic and a monster. She needed to prepare. First, she’d get Elsa to explain her part in this and wait for the Troll King to address the issue further.

 “Call Captain Bryson and the Troll King to my throne room.” Elsa ordered the young guard as she moved to the door. “Allow the trolls inside the castle and begin evacuating the town’s people into the castle as well. If there is a monster we need to protect our people as well.”

 “Ma’am.” The guard ran out as Elsa hurried to the throne room.

 “Anna, tell me everything that’s going on right now…”

 

 

 Captain Bryson watched with amazement. The Troll King held his hands over the arms of the sleeping black haired man. A pair of ice shackles bound around his wrists glowed as the spell took effect. The glow ended and the man slipped to the floor as the Troll turned to Elsa.

 “The spell will block his powers until someone breaks the chains. He can’t escape.”

 “Good.” Elsa said giving the man a deadly look. “I’ll want to speak with him once he awakens.”

 Once Bryson had brought the troll to Elsa, it was quickly revealed how dire things were. A shrunken Princess Anna, Kristoff and the sleeping man had been restored by the Troll King. They explained what had happened, and a little of the threat that was approaching.

 The shackled man, going by the name Micro Jack, was another magic user. He had shrunken himself and entered Queen Elsa’s head to take control of her. After sending Anna away with a threat of violence, Jack used Elsa’s body to prepare the kingdom of Arendelle for a coming threat. Anna and Kristoff went to the Trolls for help and ended up going inside Elsa’s body after Jack. They beat him but not before Anna found out some rather disturbing things.

 Elsa turned back to Anna siting in her own throne next to Elsa’s. The younger royal was pale and shaky and without Kristoff standing next to her holding her up, Bryson was sure she would have fallen over by now. The need to keep moving and complete her mission was the only thing keeping Anna going after her experience inside Jack’s memories. For now, she needed rest.

 Bryson looked to Elsa. “My Queen, we need to prepare for the monster. I’ve already seen reports of this ‘darkness’ that foreshadows the beast approaching from the west. It would be best if we manned the battlements.”

 Elsa held her eyes on Anna a few more seconds before facing Bryson. “Agreed. Assemble everyone and enact any plans you have ready for the fight. This kingdom has suffered much in the last few years. I will not see it destroyed by this beast…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

UPDATE: 9/17/15

 

Really sorry for the long dealy guys. Darkly's been holding up the works with the final chapter and I'm still waiting for him to send it. I wll remove this chapter as soon as it's ready, but for now, I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates. See you guys soon (hopefully)!

 

-'Beowulf