- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A filler chapter that just took off in a different direction than I thought. I love when that happens, it means my characters are getting life of their own. Fixed more flow, grammatical stuff and added in more foreshadowing for stuff that happened later on that even I was unaware of on first writing as of November 9th 2015

The pair had no energy to do anything but sleep, and it was Chrystal who awoke first. She started because she for a brief moment forgot that she had relocated to Kira's bed and when she opened her eyes, there was Kira's sleeping face. Chrystal moved back slowly, and curled up fetal position near her friend's feet. It just felt right, being by those elegant toes. If it wouldn't have awakened her, Chrystal would have kissed them. Instead, she just stared and imagined, dozing off again.

The next time Chrystal awakened, it was to the feeling of the bottom of that lovely foot caressing her cheek. On an impulse, she kissed it, and brought one hand up to hold it there as she kissed it once more, inhaling the intoxicating aroma before letting go. "Good morning Kira."

"That, is incredibly sexy. And on some level, a little 'eww'. I didn't even shower before bed." Kira said, staring at Chrystal.

"I know. Twisted, but so damned hot at the same time." the lady mechanic replied. "This is the first time I've kissed a woman anywhere but on the cheek. Well, except for that one time in college..."

"We all have that one time in college." Kira laughed. "So, you want the shower first or should I go?"

"That depends. Who's cooking breakfast? I'm starving."

"You can if you want. My domestic skills amount to the microwave and automatic coffee brewing." Kira admitted.

"Oh Hell naw. You're getting my official breakfast scramble then. Provided you have eggs and potatoes and some kind of vegetables in your fridge."

"Yeah I got that. Tossing a potato into the microwave is common for me, and salads are things I can't screw up."

Chrystal stretched, then gave Kira a playful shove. "Go on then. If you're late I'm starting without you."

"Ok! Ok! I'm going. Who's the goddess around here anyway?" She teased.

Once Kira was out of the room, Chrystal headed into the living room to grab the empty ice cream carton to discard, and spotted Kira's socks from the previous night. On an impulse, she pocketed them, before going into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

"I'm officially a perv." She muttered. "I'm saving socks to sniff." Still, she didn't take them out of her pocket. Then, Chrystal got to work on breakfast and thought nothing of it for now.

Meanwhile, Kira was in the shower, debating still whether or not to shrink for Chrystal. Sure, and seemed submissive, but seeing her tiny might trigger something in the other woman. "I'll confront her about it before I do it. The last thing she needed was to have her cover blown on this world. Sure, if Chrystal got ideas of capturing a tiny Kira, she could just grow out of it - perhaps not without injury - but publicity would get her contract with the TDS revoked and then once home she would be as good as dead. Best to be sure.

By the time Kira had finished her shower, she smelled Chrystal's cooking. "I could get used to this." She said as she reentered the dining room.

"It can be arranged. We could be roomies." Chrystal said.

Kira stared at her like a deer caught in headlights. "Uh..."

Chrystal covered her mouth. "Oh! Oh, I didn't mean it like that, but we both rent apartments. An hour's drive isn't going to kill me. Or we could find somewhere in the middle. And just share expenses. In like, a totally non-gay way."

Kira stared, and just as Chrystal was about to continue blustering, laughed. "A totally non-gay way? I hope not, because that foot worship thing you got going on does wonders for my self-esteem."

Chrystal's hand went to the pocket with Kira's socks in them at the mention of foot worship, but she was laughing at the end of that statement too. "Whew. I thought I'd really fucked up there for a minute."

Kira shook her head. "It makes sense to split costs, because you and I both know we're going to end up at one of our places or another most nights. Let's just... Scope things out. Find a two bedroom place maybe and put aside money for a deposit. Roomies, with GTS benefits. And, apparently, cooking ones. That smells awesome Chrystal."

"It should! Been in the Rivers family for generations! My dad showed me when I was ten."

"Wait. Your name is Chrystal Rivers? That is so a porn star name."

The other woman laughed. "Is not!"

"Oh you know it is." Kira retorted as she sat at the table.

"Well, maybe. But keep making fun of my name and I'll quit cooking for you." She threatened.

"Withdrawn. I can't put cooking like this at risk."

"So, what about you? What's your last name?"

After a few bites, Kira replied. "Here? Danvers. I pulled it from one of my favorite comic book characters. Back home, it's Dennethi. Greek, if you're wondering."

"Why'd you change it?"

"Witness protection program, remember?"

"Oh, right. Greek. Like that goddess of yours on the GTS site." Chrystal sat down then too and started eating.

Breakfast passed quickly after that, and then it was Chrystal's turn in the shower. Before she hit the actual shower though, she spent at least a whole minute smelling Kira's socks, then tossed them in the little laundry hamper in the room. She actually stared at the few pairs of underwear and bras in there before slamming the lid shut. "I am not gonna smell her undies... today."

A quick shudder later, and she was undressing and getting into the shower. "What the Hell, Chrys? All these years of being accused of being gay having an effect on you? Although... This is a giantess... Totally different." She chided herself.

It wasn't long before both women were ready to go. They decided to take Chrystal's car, a little Mazda that made Kira look huge when she sat in the passenger's seat.

Once they were on their way, Chrystal asked, "How come you never make adjustments to your height when things are a little uncomfortable?"

"I used to. Was a hard habit to break. But, if someone watched me close enough... Well I'd risk everything. What do you think the government - any government - would do with a woman who could change her size at will? I'd never see the outside of a research facility. And when they learned all they could about me alive... Dissection."

"Fuck. You think so?"

"Pretty sure. Happened plenty once powered people started showing up back home. Took us centuries to get considered people."

"Centuries? No shit?"

"No shit. It started happening around the 1600's. Did they have the Salem witch trials here?" Kira asked, and when Chrystal nodded, Kira continued.

"Back home it was just people starting to get powers. It took the Kennedys revealing their family had powers for generations - after JFK got into office - for people to accept them. In the end though, it still got him killed."

"The Kennedys have powers where you come from? What was JFK's?" Chrystal asked.

"Popularity. You heard his voice and boom you instantly liked him."

"Huh. It kinda worked like that here too. I wonder..."

"Nope. This world was carefully screened. No powereds here. The TDS made sure of that. To avoid complications." And because I really screwed up, but let's not tell her that, Kira. She thought.

"How do they know, Kira?"

"The technical stuff I don't know, but it boils down to it being like a huge channel guide, like for a TV? You choose what traits you want in a world, like, say, one with no nuclear power, and it narrows it down. Keep making choices til only one is left, and there you go."

"Huh. Cool." Chrystal pulled up in front of Paige's Pages and Kira got out. She went inside, first shutting the WiFi down, then called the post office to hold the mail at the office, and changed the answering machine. Finally, she printed out a cute little vacation poster and posted it inside the door.

"All set. All we have to do is go by your work and we'll be good to go."

"Yep. Oh shit." Chrystal said.

"Problem?"

Chrystal laughed. "The guys at work are gonna think you're my girlfriend, in a gay way."

"So? I'll play the part. Fuck em."

Chrystal and Kira both laughed. "You are such a cool friend, Kira."

"You too, Chrystal. You too."

Chapter End Notes:

A lot more to come! The previous notes here were so outdated just dumping them seemed better than retaining them for posterity.