- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Small change to format. Instead of saying when the narrator is speaking or when Paul is thinking, I've changed any Narrator text to bold. Please review!

There I was, face to face with the one thing in this universe that I would rather die than experience. Here I was, 1 inch tall, trapped in my Sister’s sweaty shoe, about to be worn by my other sisters’ undoubtedly stinky foot. Five, sweaty, wiggling toes appeared. As they wiggled and spread, I could see the toejam that had built up in between them, fresh and gooey. I was hit with a wave of new foot stench, before her foot was even fully in the shoe. This mix of Sarah’s and Julie’s foot odor was deadly. It was even more oppressive, and thick than I could ever imagine. The toes got closer and closer until they finally scraped over my body and landed a little in front of me. I was trapped laying down right under the gap on the underside of her toes. It was tighter than I would expect. Unfortunately, I was facing up so my face was being pressed deep into the toe flesh. I imagined myself having room to move, but there was no such thing. Had I been under the ball, I would’ve most likely been crushed, but here it was just like being pressed on all sides by disgusting foot flesh. The odor was unimaginable, not to mention the toe jam that I knew was resting right above me.

               As soon as it hit me that she was going to school, I struggled furiously to escape. I would be trapped in here the whole day, as her foot got hotter and hotter and sweatier and sweatier, and worst of all, stinkier. I couldn’t stand the thought. She would walk around the whole day, a seemingly completely normal day, and nobody would know that deep within her shoe, a human being was trapped underneath her sweaty foot, fermenting in her toejam.

               She must have felt me, she must have felt something, there was no way she couldn’t feel it. Although my arms are pinned at my sides, my worm like wiggling must have caused some kind of effect. Wait…Did I really just compare myself to a worm? A worm trapped under my sister’s toes? I felt like throwing up right then and there, but my stomach seemed empty. I actually hadn’t eaten in the past 2 days. Jesus Christ. How was I even alive right now?

Up above, Julie felt something in the shoe as she was putting it on.

               “Gross, these shoes feel so wet, Sarah must’ve been sweating in them for a bit. Oh well, they’re cute! But what the hell is in here. It feels like a big ass pebble. Or maybe it’s a bug. It almost feels like it’s….moving? Well I’m late anyways, no time to deal with bugs. That poor bug is gonna have to smell my stinky foot all day.”

               I’m exhausted. She keeps scrunching her toes every time I try to fight this foot cage. The smell is already getting worse, and it’s only been about 5 minutes. I don’t think I’ll be able to survive this. I’m surprised I’m still awake, I figured the scent of her foot would knock me out, just like the scent of the shoe alone knocked me out, but it looks like I’m getting immune to it. I wish that meant it smelled less bad, but it wasn’t that, I was just more resistant to the passing out, it really didn’t help the stench. In fact, as each second passed, it felt like the pure foot odor was consuming my body. It was getting thicker, more potent, and more humid.

               The situation progressed in this manner for quite some time. I figured I might get some fresh air at some point if she ever plays with her shoes as most girls do in school while sitting at their desk wearing slip-ons. Even just a heel-pop, anything that could remind me what air that was untainted with stinky feet smelled like. At some point during the day, it seemed she was playing with her shoe, but it was just what I imagined, a heel-pop. She never completely removed her shoe, so while there was plenty of fresh air getting in under her heel and arch, I was still trapped under the cage known as her smelly toes. It was almost like the universe was teasing me, saying ‘here’s what you could have, but instead all you get is soiled foot air.’ After about an hour of simply laying there, inhaling foot odor, breath after breath without break, it finally became too much and I passed out.

               When I woke up, my whole world was moving quickly. I could barely get a breath, it was like breathing through a soaking rag. Anytime I inhaled foot sweat, I choked on it which caused me to open my mouth and get mouthfuls of foot sweat, and then breath in deeply forcing me endure the odor even more. It was like an endless loop. I figured she must have gone to gym class, and didn’t even bother to change into appropriate gym shoes. The heat was incredibly. It was like an oven, being trapped inside a steamy moccasin. And still, no one would know about my plight, I was probably just some pebble to her.

               Why couldn’t I just die? It would be way better than enduring this fate. Surely no one in the history of ever has had to endure this kind of torture. I was the only one. Why me? Why did I have to be the one to experience sweaty, stinky feet? It just wasn’t fair. There are so many people in this world. Why me? Then I remembered. It was Rosie’s fault! This was all because of her! Her and her stupid fucking magic! If I ever get free from this predicament….NO….WHEN I get free from this predicament, I’m going to hit her. I’m really just going to hit her. But then again, she’s the only one who can make me normal again. What if she decides to shrink me back if I get too angry at her?

               Oh god. Wait a second. How could I have forgotten this? It was so many years ago…Her journal! I remember her journal! I only read a little bit, but is it possible she’s been planning this for this long? She had a pretty sick journal entry about me being shrunken down to 1 inch, and being stuffed into her smelly UGG boot. I can’t remember…but I could have sworn it also said something about me being forced to smell her feet in the after-life…or something. Jesus Christ. What in the hell was she thinking? She’s fucking sick. She belongs in a psych ward. What kind of girl thinks about about shoving her shrunken brother into her stinky boot?

               The heat was still rising inside this moccasin, as was the sweat and smell. At this point, I had to drink foot sweat just to make sure there was enough room for me to breath. Suddenly, it seemed like she jumped high, and then landed really hard. I momentarily felt completely weightless, and then suddenly, her foot put enormous pressure on my body. This caused her toes to really press down on me, but worst of all, was that it squeezed some of her toe jam out from in between her toes, and downwards, right on to my face. I couldn’t move my arms to wipe it away, and I couldn’t wipe my face on her foot flesh, considering all the toe-jam that came down had coated my little pocket of foot air that I had been surviving from. I tried to blow it off of my face, but the second I opened my mouth, the thick, sludge like substance flowed right into it. The taste was something out of this world. It tasted as if someone had taken cheese so rotten it formed into a paste, and then wrapped it in a sweaty sock. It was chewy, and gooey at the same time. Not to mention how horrible it smelled on its own. I tried spitting it out but that just filled my mouth with more of it. Would I really have to swallow this stuff? Is this was my life has come to? Swallowing my little sister’s stinky toe jam? Living under her sweaty toes? What had I don’t that was so horrible that the universe would put me here. Reluctantly, I swallowed the toe-jam, feeling it drip down my throat, and I felt some kind of ethereal wave across my body that made me feel like the more I swallowed, the more I became a member of the realm of feet. Soon enough, it was again, too much for me to handle, and I passed out.

               When I woke up, I was still exactly where I was last time, stuck under Julie’s toes. But it seemed like she was at rest. I couldn’t exactly tell. She was just…sitting down. She must be home now, sitting on the couch. When is she going to take these damn shoes off?

               I can’t even open my mouth right now. There’s toe-jam crusted over my lips, sealing them shut. It feels like it’s crusted on various parts of my body as well. As I look up, I can see her toes, resting, and I can see in between them, new toe-jam being formed. It’s a miracle I’ve managed to survive those damn toe-jam factories for the past 8 hours. A whole school day. It seems I don’t have panic attacks anymore, so my phobia must be going away….but I still find this situation utterly disgusting, and probably the worst kind of torture a person could think of. I’d rather burn my whole hand than have to spend another second in here. Suddenly, I heard 2 thumps near me…something had just dropped on the floor next to me.

               “Ashley, can’t you do that somewhere else, your soccer cleats and “lucky” socks STINK” I heard Julie say.

               “Well! What do you expect! I haven’t washed them since the season started a few months ago. It’s unlucky to wash them. I have to get ready for my game. I wish I could take Paul with me, we always win when he’s in the stands.” I heard Ashley respond.

               “Hey, speaking of tiny things” Julie said as she giggled, “I’ve had this rock stuck in my shoe the whole day.”

               I heard Julie take off one of her shoes, the one I wasn’t in.

               “MY SHOES STINK?! Jesus Christ Julie, that’s gross. I mean, it’s nothing compared to my post-game feet, but that’s definitely a killer stench” Ashley said as she covered her nose.

               “Well, I mean, I think Sarah wore these for a bit, and then I just borrowed them, and without socks, so yeah they probably smell pretty bad” Julie replied as she looked into the shoe without getting too close so she wouldn’t have to inhale her own foot odor.

               I then felt my whole world lift up. Gravity had shifted sideways. She must be resting her foot on her knee. She pulled of the shoe and began to inspect that one as well.

               “What the hell, I KNOW it was in here” Julie whispered to herself, confused.

               I finally felt the fresh air that I had longed for. But only on my back. My face and body was still stuck to the underside of her toes.

               “Oh. My. God. Julie. Look under your toes.” Ashley said suddenly.

               “What?.......OH MY GOD….Is that…..PAUL?!” Julie said, reminding me very much of the first time they saw me shrunk.

               After a couple seconds of silence, the girls burst out in laughter.

               How the hell did they find this funny? Get me the fuck out of here you stupid bitches. I tried wiggling my body a bit, but all the toe jam and sweat had really plastered me to the underside of her toes. They were finally calming down in laughter.

               Julie plucked me from her toes, and held me up to her face.

               “Have you been stuck in there all day Paul?” She asked me. I nodded my head yes, as it was all I could do.

               “That had to have stunk. Stuck under my sweaty toes all day, wow, I don’t envy you one bit.” She continued, still somewhat giggling.

               She then brought my body over to her toes, holding me like an action figure. She spread her toes apart and brought my face in close to the area between her first and second toe.

               “I mean, look at all that toe jam, that had to have been horrible. You were even in there during GYM CLASS.”

               At this point, she had brought me close enough where I was not actually touching the toe jam, but if she clenched her toes, my head would be caught in between them. Suddenly, she did just that, and closed her toes around my head.

               “Whoops, sorry Paul, hard to control my toes” Julies said as she slid me out from in between her toes, without unclenching them, causing me to be brought out with a giant clump of toejam on my face and all around my head.

               “Oh gross Paul, here, let me put that toe jam back where it belongs, in between my toes” Julie said as she brought my head in between her second and third toes and repeated the same process with the previous toe gap. “Wow, looks like your head is just a toe jam magnet. Well, since you’ve already accumulated this much, might as well finish the job” Julie said as she repeated the process with all of her toe gaps, on both feet. Sometimes she rubbed my head in there slowly, performing multiple passes. The toe-jam was forcing its way into my mouth again. All I could do was cry. I was powerless. No way to stop Julie’s sick game. Where was Megan? I needed Megan.

               Meanwhile, Ashely looked like she just had the greatest idea ever.

               “Wait, Paul…I need you.” She said. “Do you think you could come with me to my game? I mean, it looks like you’ve proven that you’re pretty travel size.”

               I thought about how she is completely ignoring the fact that I’m basically half dead, and covered in foot sweat and toe jam.

               She then continued, “I could just stick you in my sock, and you could ride with me the same way you did with Julie…under my toes. It’ll stink a lot worse, but I REALLY have to win this game.”

               Before she had even finished the sentence, she was already un-balling her sock, getting it ready for me. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please rate and review! Next time, Paul gets an upclose experience playing soccer!