- Text Size +

Upon arriving home, it sounded like there was some commotion going on. I heard my mom yelling, and Megan yelling at her to calm down.

               “Sarah, get off the fucking couch and help me look for your brother!” – Mom yelled.

               “I’m sure he’s fine. Probably stuck under some foot right now. Hahaha.” – Sarah replied, chuckling at the thought.

               Julie was the only other person to know where I was, she must not be home if they don’t know where I am.

               “Mom! Calm down! I have him right here! I used him as a good luck charm for my soccer game!” Ashley frantically told her.

               She pulled me out of her book bag, and dumped me out of the sweaty sock she tied me into on to the dining table.

               “ASHLEY! WHAT THE FUCK! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR BROTHER! GO TO YOUR ROOM IMMEDIATELY!” Mom yelled at Ashley.

               Ashley grew really red in the face and walked away without saying anything. She’s always been the one to do something stupid, and then not be able to handle the Mom yelling at her. Sarah has never cared about anything. Megan is too good to ever get in trouble. Julie is just way too sneaky, and Rosie…nobody ever really sees Rosie that often, aside from movie nights. That dreadful night. That’s when this all started…

               “Paul, are you OK?! What happened to your body?! You look like a mess!” My mom yelled over me, not realizing that at my size her voice was so loud I could hear it even if she was whispering. She began to poke my body, which I still had a hard time moving.

               “You’re really….flat….and squishy…and you smell horrible! Come on! Let’s get you washed up. I’ll get you a nice bath ready.” –Mom

               I must have looked like a cartoon character to them.

               “Sorry I wasn’t here to help you Paul, I promise I’ll protect you from here on until you get back to normal size” – Megan told me as Mom was getting ready to wash me off.

               “Mom!! Wait!!” Rosie yelled, suddenly bursting into the room.

               “I found out how to reverse the spell! I can make Paul big again!” She continued.

               “Really?! Oh Fantastic!” Mom exclaimed.

               For some reason I was somewhat skeptical. I also noticed something peculiar about Rosie. She has been wearing the same boots for the past 3 days….I also haven’t seen her around much. I figured she’d be one of the first people to try and torture me. I’m almost certain that my phobia of girl’s feet originated from her. Ever since we were kids, she would try and stick her feet in my face. It was like a weird obsession she had. And that strange journal entry…..It sends shivers down my spine. She freaks me out in general.

               “I need to take him into my room alone for a few hours.” Rosie told Mom.

               “OK sweetie. Just be careful.” – Mom

               I can’t believe this. How could she just give me away to that demon like that? Then again, she has no reason to distrust her. But anybody should be able to smell the evil on that girl. Megan gave Rosie a stern look as Rosie picked me up and took me to her room.

               Rosie locked the door behind her and sat down at her desk, with me in her hand. She proceeded to roughly drop me on her desk, and immediately grabbed some tape from the corner of her desk and taped me down. She covered my entire body up to my neck in tape. I struggled furiously, but really, at this point, I felt so powerless. I just….just want to close my eyes. I tried to sleep. Tried to hope that this was still a nightmare.

               “Wake up loser!” Rosie’s voice pulled me out of my trance.

               “Please Rosie. Please. Just. Don’t.” I tried to plead for mercy.

               “Hahahahahaha.” Rosie just laughed. She then continued,

               “You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this, Paul. How long I’ve dreamed of this. Do you know what I want from you, Paul? Do you know what I want to do with you?”

               I didn’t answer.

               “I can’t explain it, Paul. But for so long, I’ve wanted you, specifically you, to smell my feet. Not just my feet, as many girl’s feet as possible. This should be your fate. Your destiny. But now it’s not just a wish, it’s a reality. You’re all mine and there’s nothing you can do to stop me.”

               Still I did nothing. I said nothing. I just wanted to disappear.

               “You know, I’ve been preparing these boots for a few years now. I wear them really often to get them nice and sweaty, and let’s not forget stinky! Perfect, just for you. It’s going to be your new home, you know. You’ll learn to love the smell of my feet. Just kidding! You won’t. You won’t ever love the smell of my feet, and that’s perfect you’ll suffer with every breath, inhaling my disgusting foot odor, knowing that nobody is going to save you. After all, who’s going to look for you in my stinkiest pair of UGG boots? Nobody, that’s who.”

               At this point, almost involuntarily, tears began streaming down my face.

               “Why are you crying bro? You should be happy. This is the beginning of your new stinky life. Think about it. Feet. All day. Every day. Non-stop. Sniffing, licking, eating toe-jam. Doesn’t it sound great!?” She proceeded to laugh to herself maniacally. Even in complete despair, I couldn’t help but believe that Megan would come rescue me at some point. Maybe, just maybe.

               “Before all of that, however, I want to play a game. This is unlike any game you’ve ever played bro. See, in this game, the stakes are really high. Fun fact: I’ve been practicing my magic quite a bit. I think I’m pretty good at it.”

               Rosie proceeded to grab a plastic bag from the corner of the room. It was tied up and it looked like there was a couple of black things inside.

               “I knew I could never find a way to do this with Megan around, so I took the opportunity, and stole these babies” She said as she pulled what was in the bag out.

A horrendous odor exploded out from the bag, instantly filling the room. It smelled like old sweaty moldy cheese of some sort, but with that unmistakable scent of feet. It is truly the worst scent that I’ve experienced up until know, and I couldn’t even see what it was.

“You see, I really think you should spend some time in these. By now, we all pretty much know about Megan’s foot odor problem. I don’t know why she doesn’t replace these flats, but hey, I’m not going to question it.”

Rosie said as she held Megan’s signature black flats over my body, still taped to the desk. She slowly brought the opening closer and closer as if to mentally torture me, telling me that there is nothing I can do to escape the wrath of that hot, humid, wet, rancid smelling footwear.

“My magic can do more than just shrink you bro. As you might have noticed by know, your body is pretty durable. That was also me. I can’t have you popping before the grand finale. Before that, I really want to play this game.  See, Megan thinks she’s so strong and authoritative, but I’ll show her, and you, how useless it really is to deny your feet smelling fate.”

What the hell is this woman going on about? There’s no way she can take Megan from me!

“I’m going to cast a curse on you. This is a pretty special curse, with rules and regulations. This is the part where you get excited bro! You’re going to become a part of Megan’s stinky flat! You’re literally going to become the insole of her flat. And guess what. You’ll still be able to breath and everything! You’ll smell her whole foot ALL the time! AND you’ll taste her foot ALL the time. All that nasty grime on the insole will feel like you’re chewing on it. Here’s the rules of this game. The game lasts for 1 full week. If Megan takes you off for more than 30 seconds, you’ll be free from the flat. But if Megan doesn’t let you breath for a mere 30 seconds, you’ll get sucked into her foot, and live there forever. You won’t be dead, you’ll just be stuck living under her stinky foot for the rest of her life. You see bro, this is why you exist! I won’t let anybody kill you, that wouldn’t be any fun. I’ll always care for you, under foot!”

               “Rosie you fucking bitch! Fuck you! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! YOU’RE GOING TO DIE BITCH! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU AND YOU’RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL!” I lost it. Completely. I want her dead. Now. The tape finally started coming lose. For the first time, I felt some strength. I really felt like power was returning to my body. Maybe this was it! Maybe I would finally be free!

               “You’d better run Rosie, I’m coming for you. You’ll get what’s coming to you.” I felt my body grow warm. I could visibly see light coming off of my body! I….I felt it…..I was growing! Growing! Yes!

               Rosie started to back up, with a worried look on her face. I was growing so fast. 1 foot, 2 feet, 3 feet, 4 feet, 5 feet….until I was finally at full height. I stood up in complete fury and pushed Rosie to the ground.

               “Wait, bro, calm down! It was just a joke!” Rosie pleaded.

               Just then, Megan burst into the room.

               “What’s going on in here!? OH MY GOD. Paul! You’re back to normal!” – Megan yelled excitedly.

               I turned around, surprised. I was happy to see Megan. With Rosie down, Megan in the room, and me at full size, I was overjoyed. I don’t think anything can undo the psychological torture I’ve already had to endure, but this was a start. Megan was coming to hug me, and I turned to her. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I dropped my guard. Before I knew it, Rosie had swung her hand around my face with Megan’s flat in her hand.

               She pressed the opening of the flat over my face, leaving the hot odor with nowhere to rush to but my unexpecting nose. Before I could react, she shouted another strange incantation, “anima ad corigium.”

               This spell didn’t seem like it would work like the last one. This one was happening instantly. That same hot feeling as the first time was rushing over my body. I felt like I was blacking out. I tried yelling but it suddenly felt like I was completely out of breath, I could only exhale with a small sound.

               “Rosie what are you doing!! That’s my shoe! Stop that!” Megan began shouting.

               My vision grew blurry, and finally I passed out.

Paul proceeded to lose consciousness. Rosie could feel Paul’s body beginning to slump over, which meant this was the most important part of the spell. She pressed Megan’s flat harder into his face. Megan was still shocked, and wasn’t sure how to react. She began angrily walking over to Rosie to stop whatever it was that Megan thought she was doing. Something stopped Megan right in her tracks…Paul’s body began giving off steam. A lot of it. It kept increasing. More and more, faster and faster. Very quickly, Paul’s body seemed to waste away into nothing but an ominous white smoke that hung in the center of the room like a cloud. Megan was shocked beyond words. She simply stood there, wide-eyed and confused. Rosie donned an evil grin on her face, as she held up the flat high in the air. The cloud began forming a funnel shape, like a tornado. Whereas tornados typically touch the ground, the tip of this small tornado touched bent towards the flat and touched down on the insole. Then, like water being flushed down a toilet, the funnel began to drain into the shoe. In a matter of seconds, the whole cloud had drained directly into her flat.

               Nothing was left. Not a single trace of Paul could be noticed. The flat seemed like any other normal over worn piece of rancid footwear. Rosie then threw the flat in front of Megan’s foot.

               Normally when I sleep, I have really great dreams that I reflect upon immediately upon waking up, even before I open my eyes. I felt like I had just woken up, just like any other normal day. But for some reason I felt like I didn’t have any dreams. Not one good dream. Only one giant nightmare. One I really didn’t care to reflect upon. How I wished that I would just wake up in my bed, like nothing ever happened. Finally, I was ready to open my eyes, ready to start a great day in my wonderful life, with my wonderful family.

               What I opened my eyes to, was not my wonderful life, and wonderful family. There was something above me. And next to me. And under me. It was everywhere. Wherever this is, it’s not my bed. This place was some kind of cave. The opening to cave was a little but further down, and light shown in really brightly.

               It wasn’t until now, that I noticed I couldn’t feel my body. I only noticed now because I started to regain some feeling…except, it didn’t feel like my body at all. I felt so…2 dimensional. One by one my senses started coming back to me. Sight must have been the first, and then feeling. My sense of smell is coming back. I’m starting to wish it hadn’t. Whatever odor was present, it was the worst odor I had ever smelled. Rancid in nature, thick in consistency, infinite in volume. What could it be?

               Just then, my memories all flooded back to me. Could this really be reality? Was that really not a nightmare? There’s just no way that Rosie had actually sucked me into Megan’s flat, and yet, I somehow knew deep down that this was a reality.

               My sense of smell kept getting stronger and stronger. The odor growing worse and worse. Utterly disgusting, I needed a way out, a way to get away from this stench. I’ve never wanted a breath of fresh air more than I want one right now. But I just couldn’t move. Why could I breathe so easily? I’d never breathed this easily in my life. This odor, I can’t do it. This is the part where I pass out, but I didn’t feel tired at all. In fact, I didn’t feel eyes at all. I hadn’t closed them since they opened. Now that I try, it seems like I CAN’T close them. What kind of hell is this? What the fuck is going! DID ROSIE REALLY SUCK ME INTO MEGAN’S STINKY FUCKING FLAT? IS THAT POSSIBLE? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

               I can’t move, this odor is unbearable, I can’t close my eyes. Oh god! No! My sense of taste is returning. What is this flavor? If there was a flavor for a girl’s sweaty stinky foot, this would definitely be it. It tasted so much like Ashley’s and Julie’s toe jam. It had its own signature flavor of foot sweat though. My senses were returning even quicker now. My whole body felt soaked and dirty. It felt tired too, like I had been beaten down a weakened piece of filth. The taste. THE TASTE. This is impossible. Every time I think it can’t get worst, it just does. Not just the taste, but the smell and taste together. It’s UNREAL! How can I stay like this? God, please have mercy. What did I do to deserve this? Enough of this sick twisted game. Is Rosie truly this evil? She tried to tell me it was a joke…Is that all she saw this as, some kind of funny game?

               Now my sense of hearing was coming back. I could hear yelling. What’s going on? FUCK! I can’t think straight through this reeking foot odor. What are they saying?

               “Rosie! What the fuck did you do to him?!” Megan yelled.

               “It’s understandable that you would have questions. I’ll explain it to you. See, I’m in control of everything now. I win. I transferred Paul’s entire being into that smelly flat of yours. Great job working on that odor by the way! It’s killer! I bet Paul’s really having a great time in there right now! Anyways, his entire being is that insole. My spells are great aren’t they? This spell has some rules that you might want to stick around and listen to.” – Megan began explaining

               Megan’s eyes were open almost as wide as her jaw, as she looked back forth between Rosie and her own rancid shoe that now lay before her.”

               “Here’s the rules. Paul is going to be stuck like that for 1 whole week. But it’s not that simple. See, if he gets 30 seconds of fresh air of any kind, his being will automatically be transferred directly into your foot. He’ll be stuck, kind of like a tattoo on the sole of your foot, except he’ll be alive. Alive and breathing. Breathing in all of your nasty foot stink, and tasting all of that grime between your toes. He won’t be able to speak though, sucks to be Paul right now. You’ll have to supply him with constant foot company inside that old flat if you ever want him to live again. If you can keep him nice and toasty in there with your foot, then he’ll be release from the shoe. Get it? I’m not explaining again” – Rosie finished speaking.

               Wait a second…those aren’t the rules shoe told me! She told me that Megan had to give me fresh air for at least 30 seconds for me to go free, but she told Megan that she can’t give me any fresh air for 30 seconds. If Megan doesn’t know the truth, I’ll get sucked into her foot forever! This can’t be happening! This can’t be my life! IT CAN’T!!!

               “And by the way, those 30 seconds are cumulative. If you take the shoe off for 15 seconds at any point in time, you only have 15 seconds left for the week. The spell has a few safe-guards. If any harm comes to me or my spell book, it will be as if you failed, sealing little Paul’s fate. If you try to tell someone about this, same thing. Oh, and by the way, if I were you, I’d put that shoe on right away. You’ve only got 11 seconds left.” Rosie said as she laughed. God her voice sounded so evil. How could my own sister do this to me? Why? I just don’t understand.

               “Rosie, you--!” Megan tried to interject

               “Ah ah ah, now now, remember the rule. You can’t talk about this, not even me, or Paul’s life as your stinky foot tattoo starts immediately. Another couple interesting facts I forgot to mention, if you fail, and Paul really does get sucked up into your foot, nobody will ever remember that Paul existed except for me, not even you. And also, I tacked on an additional spell. Your foot is going to get really stinky. And I mean utterly vile. Paul might think he’s smelled feet before, but this will be on a whole new level. I’ve used this spell on my own boots a few years ago. I just keep the smell locked in pretty tight with a barrier. You might say I’ve become quite the witch! Also, 7 seconds left, better hurry up sis.”

               Megan looked back and forth at the shoe and Rosie even quicker than before. She wasn’t sure what to do. She was so worried, she brought her foot close the shoe, but she suddenly felt a breeze blow past her toes, it came from the shoe. The shoe was sucking in air! She instantly realized, everything Rosie said is true! Paul really is stuck inside her own disgusting shoe!

               “Tick tock tick tock, big sis, he’s running out of time. Are you going to let your only brother become you’re life-long foot sniffer?” Rosie added

               Quickly, Megan shoved her foot into the shoe, feeling around with her toes, feeling for something different. But she didn’t find anything different. Nothing was out of the ordinary except the constant breathing she felt from the shoe. She could still feel a downward draft through her toes, and could clearly envision all of her horrendous foot odor being drawn directly into poor Paul.”

               Megan knew that if she ever wanted to save Paul, she had to play by Rosie’s rules. She had to subject Paul to her own foul foot for 1 whole week.”

               Words can’t describe what it feels like to exist in a space that was only meant to house a foot. This is the world of feet. Not the world of humans. The inside of a flat, a place meant solely for a girls foot. It served no other purpose, until now. I now shared the purpose of providing a place for a girl to drive all of her foot odor, toe jam, foot sweat, and foot grime into. Me. That was me. That’s why I currently existed. To just take everything Megan’s foot had to offer. She’s the last person whose foot I’d ever thought I’d have to sniff, and her foot Is by far the worst. Leaps and bounds worst. I can’t understand how, but the smell is getting even worse by the moment, and I don’t think I’m going to pass out anytime soon. Would I even need to eat? Doubt it, insoles don’t eat, unless sweaty foot counts, in that case I have plenty to last me. Could I even sleep? Also, doubt it, after all, I’m just a smelly insole, anticipating the day I receive mercy from whoever it is that currently controls my pathetic life. I’ve had it. Enough is enough. The next chance I get, if there is one, I think I’ll end my life.