- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I did some more bouncing back and forth between different characters' perspectives.  Let me know if its confusing or difficult to follow.  

Andrea had to reluctantly get back to work.  He prepped her with a short version of the story but even then Andrea was a couple of minutes late for the second part of her shift.  Before leaving she made Jay promise to meet her after her shift was over in a couple of hours.  For Jay it was a relief to talk about the process with someone.  Andrea was probably the perfect person to talk about this as even with his shrinking they were still the same height.  It helped him forget about just how much shorter he was.  She seemed to understand what happened and just seemed interested in the process altogether while also being comforting to Jay that things would turn out alright.  He again wondered if she confess to his mom, again just deciding he'll fix the situation first, and then he'll tell her.  Jay had always taken great pride in taking care of himself so he didn't want to give his mom any reason to worry, plus she would have to leave Monday morning anyways for business.  He could fix this himself.

While waiting for Andrea to get out, Jay just went back to his car and figured he would just mess around with his phone.  He checked his email first, still no response from Dr. Reed.  He then decided to see if anyone else had ever had this happen to them before.  He couldn't find anything from Scientific Evolution.  Everything on them was glowing reviews and people so excited about their new bodies.  Most of the people were women getting naturally larger breasts or a guy getting a naturally larger penis.  But everyone who made themselves taller, all had nothing but good things to say about the process.  Maybe this was just the first step he hoped again.  That must be it, he'll wake up tomorrow on his pathway to new taller heights.  He continued to research shrinking and stumbled upon an entire community of people who actually wanted to shrink and then to played with by women.  At first he thought it was weird, but the more he thought about it the idea started to turn him on.  Just as he was starting to get really into it he got a text message from Andrea who was off of work.  He didn't realize how much time he had spent just getting lost in the internet.

There was a park two roads from the mall that would probably be empty now that it was dark out.  They figured they could just meet there.  Andrea still had on her black pants from work but was now wearing a loose fitting baggy pink t-shirt that easily allowed Jay to see that she was also wearing a black sports bra underneath.  As an elite caliber gymnast her breasts definitely were on the smaller side, but Jay couldn't help but notice they were bigger than he gave them credit for, and were definitely on the perky side.  Underrated, Jay thought again as he walked beside her.  Minus the pants, this was the type of outfit Jay had seen her in countless times at the gym.  Her hair was pulled back in a pony tail with one long side swept bang coming down the side of her face.  They were just walking around this path that went alongside a lake.

"Thanks again for talking with me about this Andrea, it was a scary day, but I think it will all work out"

"No worries Jay, its fun to finally have a guy I can talk to eye to eye," She joked, hoping he found the humor in it.  "So have you heard back from the doctor?"

"Not yet, but it seems all of their other patients got exactly what they wanted.  The system hasn't failed before, this must just be how it starts.  For all I know Dr. Reed warned me about this already and I just didn't hear him while I was so excited."

They walked the path for a number of hours and their conversation shifted to small talk.  It was a clear cool summer night lit by the stars and the moon alone.  With the two young athletes most of their conversation went to their coming workouts and upcoming seasons.  Andrea did get a couple jabs into Jay about his height, saying maybe he'll be forced into joining the gymnastics team.  Both felt very comfortable in each other's company and Jay again was kicking himself for not spending more time with Andrea sooner.  Jay was feeling exceptionally tired.  He got enough sleep and hadn't worked out at all, but it had been just an emotional day.  Andrea meanwhile felt a strong attraction to Jay that she had never felt before.  She was wondering if maybe it was always just a matter of finally finding someone her own size, but it seemed like something different.  She couldn't quite place it.  It was getting late and they got back to where they had parked their cars.

"Well its probably late enough where I can sneak into the house with my mom seeing me, so I should probably get home."  The two were clearly attracted to each other but didn't know where to go from here. 

"And I have practice first thing in the morning so my mom is probably wondering where I am too."  Just as Andrea finished her statement Jay went in for the kiss.  They separated after a moment, looked each other in the eyes and then proceeded to make out for several more minutes.  After a pause Andrea finally broke the silence.  "... I'll be done with gymnastics by about noon... if you're looking for someone to dodge your family with."  

"Sounds like a plan."  Jay sheepishly smiled, looking very much forward to any more time with the gymnast.

Jay arrived at his house to see that all the lights were already out except for his sister's.  Seeing her light on was the instant reminder of his situation.  The time with Andrea allowed him to forget about shrinking.  Realizing his sister would now stand about 8 inches taller than him was a reality check he didn't want to see.  He checked his email again to see if Dr. Reed had gotten back to him.  Jay got out of his car and was just hoping upon hope that Darcy was in her room.  He went in through the side door as they always did that walked right into the kitchen.  Jay still wasn't hungry at all but was getting thirsty and figured a glass of water would be good.  He heard a door open from upstairs and someone was coming down.  Should he hide?  Maybe no one heard him come in.  Maybe he should just leave again.  He was just frozen in thought as he heard someone get to the bottom of the stairs and turning into the kitchen.  Jay quickly grabbed one of the kitchen chairs and sat at the table, hoping his shrinking wouldn't be obvious while sitting.  

It was his sister that entered the kitchen.  She had on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, clearly getting ready for bed.  Standing there, even barefoot, she would have a huge height advantage over her older brother of four years.  She turned the light on and immediately she went into the pantry.  It was clear Darcy was mad, probably about the ride so at first it looked like she was just going to ignore him and leave.  Jay hoped anyways.  Jay was sitting at the kitchen table with his water, making it look like he was checking something on his phone while he drank his water.  She looked at him curiously for a second, thinking something looked different about it, but then she shook it off.  She did decide to confront him instead of ignoring him, "Thanks for giving me a ride this morning asshole.  Mom said you had just forgotten and had your own practice, but from what I saw on Facebook there wasn't a football practice this morning"

"Sorry about that Sis.  It wasn't a regular football practice, it was just the captains trying to start planning out how we're going to run captains' practices this summer."  Jay lied hoping that Darcy didn't follow the other two captains on any social media.  "Sounds like you made it to practice no problem anyways.  I'll make sure I'm around to bring you to practices the next couple of weeks while mom's gone."

Darcy was grabbing a bag of pita chips and some flavored hummus.  Does this girl ever stop eating Jay thought?  She's still in amazing shape but it seemed like she was always putting some sort of food in her mouth.  While walking by in her natural curiosity she tried to peek at what Jay was looking at on his phone.  Jay made sure it was nothing of consequence as soon as soon as Darcy walked in.  He was just happy that it looked like she was grabbing her food and heading back upstairs, then he could also retreat for the night.  

"Luckily mom was able to drop me off.  We were talking about the next couple of weeks and she gave me this long speech about being good for you while she's gone.  But she also mentioned we were going to be able to have a small party one night..."  Darcy thought that Jay must have been up to something this morning.  He seemed a little agitated or anxious.  What was he doing just sitting here at the kitchen table in the dark anyways? She thought to herself.  While walking past him she tried to see if he was texting someone on his phone but it just looked like some random football website.  Or was he sick?  He looked a little run down, maybe that's why he was acting off.  Either way Darcy wanted to make sure she played this well.  Whenever their mom went away and Jay was in charge he could really become over protective and just so serious about everything.  They definitely had their clashes in the past, but they also had some great times together as well.  Hopefully this will be the great times.    

"We? ..... I don't think she said we could have a party.  I think she said I could have a party as long as I include you."  Jay immediately forgot about his height problem and shifted to typical older brother problems and heirarchy.  "I don't want all of your little friends running around acting immature around here."


Jay instantly regretted using the word "little" with describing Darcy's friends.  Almost all of them would surely be taller than he was right now.  Please be able to fix me Scientific Evolution Jay thought.

"It will only be a couple, I promise!" Darcy said, trying to reason with her older brother.  She figured a little begging maybe followed up by some sucking up will be her best approach to her cautious older brother.  She ultimately knew if Jay didn't let her have friends over, she wouldn't have friends over.  He was more strict than their mom when he was in charge.  Three of her best friends had usually been able to come around the house though even when Jay was in charge so she figured she could get them to the party, what would her first high school party.  "It would just be Alyssa, Lauren, and Sarah"

Jay thought about it for a second.  He did know all three.  They weren't bad and would probably just run off by themselves.  "Yeah, they're fine, just let me figure out what night will work best.  Just make sure you don't ruin my night."

"Perfect!" She smiled.  "And besides Lauren has a huge rack now and I'm sure you won't be sorry she's coming!"

For a moment Jay was caught off guard by his sister's bluntness.  Only a moment though, The past couple of months she had been very open about comments like that.  And truth be told, Lauren did have a huge rack.  It was odd for Jay to see his sister and her friends start to develop into the group of girls who were undoubtedly the hottest girls in their class.  Darcy and her three friends would probably be the exact same group as his ex girlfriend Valery and her friends.  To make matters more interesting Jay was very much aware that Lauren had a huge crush on him... that's probably why Darcy brought her up.  She's learning how to manipulate things in her favor.  He was interrupted in his thoughts as his sister made her exit, taking her chips with her.  "Well I'm off to bed, don't be too weird sitting by yourself in the dark, g'night shorty."

Jay must have lost three shades of color in his face to the shorty comment. Had she noticed? Does she know about the whole procedure? Jay's mind started flying and he was able to mumble out a, "good night Darcy." while calming himself down.  He reminded himself that she was probably just being her annoying self.  Hopefully he'll start growing soon.

As Darcy was going up the stairs now she was definitely sure that something was up with Jay.  She had never called him shorty without getting something in response.  Usually a little fight or something, or even yesterday when he was bragging about a coming growth spurt.  She smiled to herself, though almost feeling bad for her "older brother".  There wasn't going to be a growth spurt.  He had been the same height for who knows how long.  Keyword was "almost" felt bad.  For her, she looked at her height as her one advantage over Jay.  He was much stronger, more athletic, more popular, and smarter... but she was already taller and who knows how much more she could grow.  

Back in the kitchen Jay waited until he heard Darcy's door close before he retreated to his bedroom.  That was close, he thought for sure Darcy was going to notice the shrinking. Unfortunately he wouldn't have the same luck in avoiding his sister the next day. 

Jay woke up Sunday morning even shorter than before.  He knew yesterday he was just about 5' tall by being about the same height as Andrea.  He was scared to know how short he was now.  There was no way he could let his mom or sister see him now.  It would be impossible to hide it at this point.  Even sitting in the kitchen late at night he could tell his sister noticed that something was odd, now he might as well be carrying a big sign that says "I'm the Incredible Shrinking Man".  He was returning to that familiar panic and he needed to get in touch with Dr. Reed, by luck he saw that he not only had an email but also a voicemail from Dr. Reed from earlier this morning.  Damn it Jay thought, he should have just gone to bed with the ringer on.  The email was just Dr. Reed saying he tried to call earlier and got no response, but to contact him once he gets a chance.  Dr. Reed didn't seem particularly panicked over the phone.  That had to be a good sign... or was that how doctors handle every situation?  Jay dialed the number waiting for Dr. Reed to pick up.  Voicemail picked up again, Jay left a message.

"Hi Dr. Reed, this is Jay Robinson.  I NEED to talk to you as soon as possible. I shrunk again last night!  Please say this is all just part of the process.  Please help."

It was at that moment that Jay noticed his door was cracked open a tiny bit, damn he thought he heard someone outside, they could have heard his message.  His door was then pushed open from the outside and his sister entered the room.  Jay was still in his bed partially under his covers and as he hung up the phone he was horrified that Darcy overheard the message he just left.  Darcy walked in wearing the same outfit she was wearing the night before, clearly what she went to bed with.  A pair of gym shorts and a simple tshirt for the volleyball team. "Jay? did I just hear what I think I heard?"

"... um, its just that I have a physical with my doctor for football," Jay tried to lie again but it seemed as though she clearly heard the voicemail he was leaving the Doctor.  Before he could continue developing a lie, Darcy interrupted him.  Darcy thought there was something wrong with Jay when she saw him the in the kitchen.  She couldn't place it then, but after hearing his panicked phone call that had to be it.  He was smaller.  But that can't be possible she thought.  Looking at him now though, she had to admit Jay did appear smaller than normal.  If nothing else he looked like a little kid who was trying on his parent's clothes.  

"Get up," She commanded.

"...I'm not really feeling that good, I think I'm just going to stay in bed....."

"Get up," She repeated before Jay even finished.  As she asked Jay to get up she started walking towards his bed.  Jay knew that things have gone bad to worse.  Darcy was the main reason he got the procedure done and now he she was confronting him as he was even shorter.  He didn't know what else to do so he complied.  He sighed and stepped out of the bed.  He still had on the now extremely baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt on, looking more ridiculous than ever.  His stomach turned as he came to terms with his latest shrinking.  He now stood eye to eye with Darcy's chest.  Darcy didn't say a word, her eyes widened in shock.  Jay couldn't believe his situation.  She seemed enormous next to him.  He figured if someone measured off the top of his head it wouldn't even up to Darcy's chin.  Her legs seemed to go on forever, reaching up to his torso.  He felt like crying, never before had he seemed so vulnerable and to his surprise his sister's first reaction was compassion.

"Jay... I didn't..." And with that she hugged him into her body.  Jay needed that hug with the realization he was the size of middle schooler.  At the same time, as much as he needed the hug it was a chilling reminder of his situation.  His face was being pressed right up against the developing chest of his younger sister.  Her arms felt strong and also very comforting.  

 

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.