- Text Size +

He had not completely teared up, but they had hugged for a minute or two.  Afterwards Darcy wanted to hear the whole story, so they each took a seat on Jay's bed.  Telling his younger, and now much taller sister was a little more difficult than when he confided with Andrea who had been at the same height.  Even while sitting down on the bed together it was clear she was just that much bigger than him.  She sat across from Jay with her legs crossed indian style(and damn those legs seemed to go on forever) with her blue eyes focused intently on Jay.  It also didn't help that at one point as he began describing the process in the chamber Darcy began giggling.  She tried to compose herself immediately but it was too late.

"Please Dars, this is serious." Jay insisted with almost a whine in his voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."  Darcy returned to a serious face, only to begin giggling again before trying to explain herself.  "Its just before all of this began you were bragging about a coming growth spurt... And now....and your clothes are just so so big on you.  I'm sorry, I'll be serious."

He was able to finish the story with only one more giggling fit from his younger sister.  Despite the random fits of giggling Darcy seemed fascinated by the whole process.  He ended it with this very morning and how much smaller he seemed and the phone tag with Dr. Reed.  And although he put the Andrea parts into the story, he may have left out the making out session.  As it was, the part of him being just as short as Andrea, the short petite gymnast was part of what sparked the second giggle fit.  Darcy let it kind of soak in for a moment before responding,

"So you haven't told mom anything? At all?"

"NO!  and I never will, this has to be our litt... our secret.  I don't want her worrying about me, or us, all of the time.  She needs to know she can depend on me and that I won't walk into such horrible situations."

"I hate to burst your bubble, but I think she's going to notice eventually."

"I just have to keep it from her tonight, she'll be gone early in the morning and then I'll drive back to Scientific Evolution and they'll fix this whole thing up."

"If you can reach the pedals of your car by tomorrow morning"

Jay wasn't sure if she said that jokingly but it was the first time he had thought about the possibility.  Would if he does keep shrinking, he didn't even know how short he was now.  He would have to come up with a plan just in case.  Part of that plan was a healthy dose of prayers that Dr. Reed would call back and tell him everything was going to be ok.  Once he hears back from Dr. Reed maybe he'll see if Andrea can drive him, she's the only other person who knows about what has happened and hopefully he could keep it that way.  

Darcy continued talking over Jay's thoughts, "I think you should just suck it up and tell her now.  I mean its embarrassing but what if it keeps getting worse?.... Maybe I should just tell her now"

Jay couldn't even entertain the thought that it could be worse, but he also definitely didn't want Darcy to go downstairs and tell his mom now, "Darcy just trust me please.  Its going to be ok, they'll fix me tomorrow and mom NEVER has to know.  Just help me with this and I'll make it worth your while."

Darcy smiled, almost in disbelief, "Alright, its your body.  And I think I could come up with a couple of ideas of how you could make this worth my while, especially over the next two weeks while mom is away."

Jay felt a sinking feeling in his stomach for a second, this probably wasn't going to be an easy secret to keep.  Just then his cell phone rang, it was Dr. Reed!  He immediately looked up to his sister and tried to rush her out of the room.  "Oh thank god!  I promise you Darcy, I will most definitely make it worth your while, but I would really like to take this call alone"

"No way, I need to hear this!" Darcy said, leaning into Jay expectingly as he held his phone.  

"Please Darcy?" Jay plead annoyed at his sister.  Already three rings, he realized he probably wasn't going to convince her to leave.  For half a second he contemplated just forcing her out of the room like he normally would but he didn't want to miss the call.  He just sighed and answered with his sister still in the room.  "Hello?"

"Jay, good to hear from you, its Dr. Reed, I got your messages, so you're shrinking?" 

"Yes, will I start growing soon?"

The Doctor have a light nervous chuckle before speaking, "Well no, not on its own anyways."  Jay's heart sank, wondering if his worse fears were coming true, but Dr. Reed continued, "But the good news is, this is something we can definitely fix, it might just take some time.  First off, have you taken the Stopping pill yet?"

"No."  Damn it, Jay knew he should have just gotten that prescription filled.  "I was worried that it would also prevent the growth sequence from starting or that I could get stuck at this short height... to be honest I haven't even picked it up yet."

"Well that's step one, go and do that as soon as you can, especially since sometimes it takes a day for them to get the pills.  Once you have it, take it on a full stomach... which might be hard because I'm sure you have noticed you probably haven't been very hungry recently.  So from there we're going to need your height to stabilize.  Then we wait until the shrinking stops which should be the first night after you take the pill, but sometimes its not until the next night.  Anyways, after the shrinking stops we can have you come in here and then we can get you headed back in the right direction.  We'll have you over 6' in no time.  Lets set up a preliminary date to fix you up, let me look over our available times real quick, hold for one second, its slow getting onto our computer on a Sunday"

Jay felt absolutely relieved, like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.  It didn't take Reed long as he returned to the phone conversation.  "Alright, assuming that you get the Stop pill and nothing else really goes wrong you could be ready for us as early as Tuesday at the earliest but thats all booked... looks like Friday is our first available time after tomorrow.  If you had already taken the pill we had a couple of slots first thing tomorrow.  Does Friday work?"

Jay could deal with Friday, it might make the next week frustrating but he just kept on reminding himself how worth it was, maybe he needed a week off from the gym anyways since he had been going hard for so long.  "Friday works just fine Dr. Reed.  Can't wait!  Do you guys know what caused me to shrink instead of grow?  Everything I've read said you guys never make mistakes like this."

Dr. Reed again began with that same uncomfortable chuckle "Well funny story, its all on us Mr. Robinson.  At some point during the pre session set up I mentioned a couple of inches, not knowing that my voice to text software was still activated.  So it switched your desired height to 2 inches.  Its all reversible and once we get you back in here you'll be fast tracking to the tallest you, that you've ever known.  And more good news, since its our mistake, you won't pay a dime for any of the process and in fact we'll even offer you an additional free service if in a year there's something else you would like to alter after we get you to your new taller height.  I just hope this hasn't been too much of an inconvenience for you."  

Jay was so relieved he wasn't even mad, "No, it hasn't been too bad Dr. Reed.  I'll just lay low this week and maybe that will even make people less suspicious when I'm even taller the next time they see me.... So I guess I'll see you on Friday"

"Perfect, just a couple of other important pieces of information.  First off, while you're still actively shrinking I should warn you that it would be six inches per day.  So just to confirm that the process is acting normally with you, that should mean you were roughly 4'11" yesterday and 4'5" today?  And it normally takes place overnight"

Jay thought about it for a second, seemed to be about right.  He looked to Darcy for confirmation and she just kind of shrugged her shoulders while silently mouthing "sure", Jay agreed too, "Yeah that's more or less correct, and yeah each time I shrank it was while I slept"

"One other thing about the shrinking since you'll be going through at least one more cycle of shrinking.  Are you familiar with what pheromones are, or failing that, an aphrodisiac?"

"Um, something to do with hormones or something? right?"

"Or something, yeah.  Anyways pheromones are usually something in other animals, bugs mainly that are used to attract the other gender for mating purposes.  Humans have never really had a natural pheromone despite different aphrodisiac and things that raise general sex drive and stuff like that.  But for some reason, and we haven't figured it out yet while you are shrinking you are going to be at times producing a type of human pheromone..."

"What does all of this mean doctor?"

"I mean, for as long as you're actively shrinking there could be times when girls are going to be extremely attracted to you.  Its not going to be all of the time, but it might just happen, so thought you might want that heads up.  Anyways I have another 9 holes of golf to play, but I'm glad we got this all situated.  So go get the stop pill first and then we'll see you on Friday."

"Thanks Dr. Reed, see you then."  When Jay hung up the phone he was so relieved.  He was brought back down to Earth a little bit upon realizing that his sister was still on his bed, she was giving a clearly teasing disappointed look his way before she whined,

"Shucks, I was hoping I was going to have longer than a week with my Incredible Shrinking Brother.  Even if you get taller than me, I'll always know you had to put yourself through all of this just to not be my little brother."

Jay was too excited to really care about the teasing, he was more ready for a victory lap to celebrate his height being back on track.  "You might be taller and goofier than me Darcy, but even now I'm still your big brother and I'll always have you beat"

"Is that right shorty"  She came back, also giving him a shove in the chest with her pointing finger.  It was enough of a push to knock him back a bit.

Jay was always confident in his strength training and wrestling skill so he decided that even at his current height disadvantage he could still take on his sister.  He lunged out at her as if to tackle her off the bed.  He caught her by surprise and she was forced off the bed but she was able to keep her balance finding herself standing next to the bed.  Jay also got off the bed and was going to try and pin Darcy to the ground as he had so many other times when they fought.... Never at this size disadvantage he thought as he measured up his sister towering over him.  Darcy had her hands on her hips and looking down on her brother with a smirk.  "I think this time you may have bit off more than you can chew little brother."

"I haven't been wrestling all of these years for nothing."  Jay tried for a single leg takedown that was a pretty basic move in wrestling, and something he had used on his sister as recently as a month or two ago, but Darcy's size advantage was much different now.  He went to grab her right leg that was closer to him.  He couldn't budge her toned long leg at all and she was able to easily backpedal, maintain her balance and make her own offensive move.  She quickly got leverage on Jay, getting a strong hold on his upper body.  Jay was amazed at how quick she was while being so big.  He had to remind himself that she wasn't that she was some 6'8" amazon, but he was short an extra foot shorter than usual. 

The struggle didn't take long.  Before Jay knew it he found himself on his back with his sister on top of him.  She was straddling him with her legs on each side holding his legs down and together.  Meanwhile she was also able to hold Jay's arms to the ground no matter how much he struggled.  Jay was doing everything in his power to try and escape but was just physically no match for his older sister.  

"Alright, I give up, I give up!" Jay screamed, still struggling to get out from underneath his sister.  It was at this point he realized that this fight may not have been such a good idea.  Darcy decided to take advantage of the situation before relenting.

"I'll let you up, but first you need to agree that I can invite whoever I want to our party."

"Done," Jay let out in-between breaths.  He was still trying to struggle out of his sister's hold to no avail.  He couldn't budge her at all.  Straddling him she had his lower body completely immobilized by her own hips and legs and leaning forward she was able to hold both his arms up above his head while her hair was partially coming out of the pony tail, some getting in Jay's face while he tried to escape.

"...AND, on Tuesday I was going to have the volleyball team practice at our house.  You're not going to get in the way of that either."

"There's no way you can have the entire girls volleyball team come over here while I'm still going to be like this."

"Hmm maybe I should just call out to mom right now, and see what she has to say on the matter," just as Darcy was about to call downstairs, Jay responded,

"Alright! Deal! But they still can't no about my shrinking,"

"My lips are sealed little brother." Darcy said while mimicking a zipper closing her mouth.  "Don't forget, you said you would make it worth my while to keep your secret.  I think we're going to have a lot of fun this week"  

With that Darcy stood up and effortlessly helped Jay to his feet.  Why did he suddenly get the feeling that Friday couldn't come soon enough. 


  

Chapter End Notes:

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 is going to start the payoff.  He's going to be taken shopping with Andrea and his sister Darcy.  Things will then more or less go according to plan until the volleyball team is going to show up at his house for a summer practice in the backyard.

 

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.