- Text Size +

Clarissa

Clarissa observed the hunt from afar, detached from the spectacle. Seated on an elevated dais overlooking the event, she watched on impassively as the tiny specks of light that were each prey vanished one by one. Hilde stood at her side. On the arm of the ornate chair rested a small golden cage within which stood the tiny figure of Samuel Halston III.

“Is this to make me feel small and insignificant, or for you to bolster your self-esteem by seeing me diminished?” he asked.

“This to make you aware of what your machination has wrought,” Clarissa advised without rancor.

“Get on with whatever it is you plan to do with me, I grow weary of your pedantic drivel,” he replied.

“Does it not concern you your three children are out there?” she asked, eyebrow elevating as she turned to look at him.

“Depending what happens here today, I can always breed more. There is no shortage of eager woman willing to carry my seed.”

“I must confess I am disquieted by your emotional detachment,” she said.

“Save your feigned disdain, it is wasted on me. My sons are pale imitations of me and my daughter nothing more than a brood mare or a goat born to sacrifice when the moment was right,” he scoffed.

“Therein lies the crux for me, listening to you and your callous comportment makes me want to find an ideal end for you. Something fitting,” she said firmly.

From the hunting field, Angelica approached the dais followed closely by Clare. Both girls genuflected out of respect. Clarissa nodded.

“We wish to retire from the hunt,” advised Clare.

Clarissa frowned. “You are permitted to retire, but I detect there are still a number of prey out there,” she said, perplexed by the girls’ decision to prematurely quit the field.

“We are contented by the day’s proceedings and wish to retire,” replied Angelica.

Clarissa nodded. As drama continued to unfold before her, she found herself pondering an ideal means of dispatching Samuel. So absorbed, she failed to notice the figure glide up behind her.

“How do you fare my sister?” asked a soft feminine voice, voice sweet and pure.

Samuel turned in his cage to see the speaker. Hilde dropped to one knee and lowered her head.

Hair so blonde it was almost white sat up high on the back of her head, held aloft by rows of tiny braids. Her face was flawless, an epitome of the beauty. Soft powder blue eyes with delicate eyebrows, symmetrical above her nose. Full lips, parted slightly to reveal a glimpse of white from her teeth. Though her attire was modest, a gown of ivory colored silk, it fit her shape well and accented ideal curves. As she moved, the air itself seem to caress her in recognition of her perfection.

“Rise Hilde,” said the blonde, reaching to touch her gently on the cheek.

“Your Grace,” acknowledged Hilde, rising and taking several steps back.

“Angel,” she replied with a touch of a smile.

Clarissa smiled, “I wondered if I might see you here,” she said, turning to see the newcomer.

“I only came because I sensed him, for a flicker,” she said, gazing out over the hunting environment. “I’d wondered if perhaps you had caught him.”

Clarissa laughed. “If I had caught him, all of creation would know of my triumph. Like you, I sensed his presence,” she said with a low voice, “though by the time I sensed it, a flash in the corner of my eye, he was already gone.”

“I see Angela out on the field, where is my other daughter?”

“Angelica has retired from the hunt, along with Clare. They departed not long ago. Angelica made a spectacular diving catch,” Clarissa informed. “I did find it unusual for them to depart early though,” she added

Angel frowned slightly, “I trust neither was injured.”

“I shall look into the situation myself,” assured Clarissa.

Looking down at the delicate cage on the arm of the chair, “Who is this little one?” Angel asked, reaching out to touch the top of the gilt cage.

Looking down at the tiny man, “Samuel Halston III,” supplied Clarissa. “He is the author of this failed plot to usurp my power.”

For his part, Samuel appeared disinterested.

“I see,” Angel acknowledged.

“The hunt draws near to close,” Clarissa advised, as some of the participants were breaking off to leisurely play with some of the captured little people.

“I will away,” said Angel, a slight incline of her head. Clarissa rose and embraced her in a hug.

Jack and Abbie

Jack could feel Angelica moving about, her stomach muscles jostling them, trying to pull the pair into the pyloric end of her stomach. Collectively they made an effort to stay as far up as they could in the giant woman’s stomach. He guessed he’d been there an hour, he didn’t know how long for Abbie, when suddenly water poured into the stomach, splashing down on them, cool and clean. Abbie clung tighter to him. The air was close and breathing made difficult by damaged ribs and clavicle was a chore. He wondered if the depleted atmosphere would allow them to pass out before the digestion process began. He hoped so, if not, he knew what he would do, end Abbie’s suffering before it became too painful. He caressed Abbie’s hair and despite the humid heat, she shivered.

The sudden contraction was excruciatingly painful and he found himself slammed up against the upper portion of her stomach, his broken bones screamed out in agony. He lost hold of Abbie. A second heave turned him completely over. The push was so intense, he thought for sure he would be crushed as he was pulled back up the esophagus and expelled. There was bright light and he splashed down into very cold water before surrendering to darkness.

Angelica smiled down at the pair as she wiped spittle and trace vomit from her lips. Clare stood behind Angelica, holding blond locks from spilling into the toilet bowl.

 “Jack!” exclaimed Clare, concern for his unconscious body bobbing face down in the toilet bowl.

Reaching into the bowl, Angelica submerged her hand under Abbie and lifted the girl out of the cold water.

“Who is she?” Clare asked, reaching into the bowl to fish Jack out.

“Abigail Halston,” replied Angelica, holding a shivering Abbie aloft.

“Why?” asked Clare, closing her hands over Jack’s battered body, suffusing him with healing energy.

“As soon as I saw her I felt something latent in her, not sure what it is, just a sense,” explained Angelica with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

“So you thought to rescue her?”

“We were rescuing Jack anyway,” she replied.

Clare frowned.

Clarissa

Clarissa watched as the hunt drew to its close. With all of the prey accounted for, several of the women not still lingering with playthings sought permission to depart the field.

Rising from the chair, Clarissa turned to Hilde. “Is it just my sensibilities or do you also find it unusual for Angelica and Clare to retire from the hunt prior to its conclusion?” she asked.

Hilde shook her head. “I suspect there may be a connivance afoot. Would you have me check on the girls?”

Clarissa shook her head. “Finish here. I’ll check on the girls personally.”

“Of course Mistress,” added Hilde with a bob of the head. “And him?” she asked, directing her gaze to the cage.

“Keep him handy, I am still undecided,” advised Clarissa. With that, she left.

Back in Angelica’s apartment, the conversation between Angelica and Clare was cut short by a knocking on the door.

“Probably Angela or Clarice, I’m guessing the hunt is done,” said Angelica, rising from the table to respond to the gentle rapping. “It’s about…,” the rest of the words got stuck in her throat as she beheld Clarissa.

“May I come in?” she asked.

“Of course,” said Angelica hastily, a quick nod of her head.

Clare looked startled as her mother rounded the corner. She thought to try and make a grab for Abbie, but realized it was too late, her mother had already seen the tiny figure on the table.

Walking to the table, “What do we have here?” Clarissa asked, looking down on the diminutive form.

“Abigail Halston,” answered Angelica.

“Halston? You are Samuel’s daughter?” asked Clarissa.

Abbie inclined her head. “Your father made some very unflattering comments regarding his children,” Clarissa said bluntly.

“My father was none too discreet about his displeasure with me,” answered Abbie, eyes downcast, body shaking.

Facing the girls, “Why is she here?” Clarissa asked.

“I came across her during the hunt, I sensed something in her, latent talent, I’m not sure, but I thought it might be worth preserving,” explained the blonde.

“Which is why you left early,” nodded Clarissa, constructing the pieces of the rationale.

Angelica nodded.

 “Indeed. Come forward Abigail,” Clarissa instructed, a smile on her face as she sat at the table. Abbie complied with the instruction, still visibly trembling. Clarissa studied her intently, nodding. Turning to Angelica, she said, “Astute observation, there is most assuredly a thread there, very perceptive of you,” she complimented.

“What’s going to happen to her?” asked Clare.

Clarissa returned her gaze to Abbie. “That depends on Abigail.”

“Me?” asked Abbie meekly, very uncomfortable under the scrutiny of the three gigantic women.

“Angelica has identified an affinity to magic buried deeply in you. I want to explore that talent to see the degree of your potential,” explained Clarissa. “I would like to initiate training so we can harness your abilities, but…” she left the rest dangling.

“But what?” Clare asked when Abbie remained silent.

“In order to unlock whatever abilities are buried deep within her, she will need to face her father to break his hold over her,” Clarissa answered, pieces falling into place.

“I don’t want to face him,” pleaded Abbie.

“You need not fear, for the first time in your life when you deal with this man, you shall have the upper hand,” reassured Clarissa. Smiling, she tenderly touched Abbie’s face and the young woman was instantly restored to her normal size, an inch over five feet. Even at her full height and as slender as she was, she seemed small amidst the company of women around the table.

“There, that’s better,” said Clarissa, extending a hand to the still trembling woman. Abbie accepted it. Together the pair departed.

Once Clarissa had gone with Abbie, Clare let out a big sigh of relief. “I think she was surprised by Abbie, but I wonder why she didn’t say anything about Jack,” Clare commented, pleased that somehow he had evaded the notice of her mother. Angelica shrugged.