- Text Size +

Hilde and the lawyer

He was located on the fifteenth floor of a prominent office building downtown. Getting out of the elevator, she paused a moment to admire the view of the city from this altitude. Slight smile on her face, she walked up the reception desk. “I’m here to see Mr. Edwards,” she said to the woman neatly dressed in business attire. She was attractive, but her youth was fleeting and she used too much make up to conceal her battle with time.

“Do you have an appointment?” asked the receptionist, tone haughty.

“No,” Hilde replied with a perfunctory smile.

“Mr. Edwards is very busy, if you would like to make an appointment we may be able to get you in later this week, perhaps early next,” she said, an over inflated sense of self-importance bleeding through her words.

“I will see him now,” returned Hilde. She started walking toward the office door bearing his name on a gold plate to the left of the doorway.

The receptionist jumped up and tried to interject herself between Hilde and the door. “I’m sorry ma’am, Mr. Edwards is currently in with a client.”

Hilde paused and leveled her amber eyes on the woman. “Do not lie for him. He is not worth the pain he brings on you,” she said, gaze unflinching.

The receptionist lowered her eyes.

“This shan’t take long,” Hilde stated. Turning, she walked up to the door and opened it. The office behind was superb. Corner office with floor to ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the city. Bookshelves lined one of the interior walls, expensive art hung on the other one. The man behind the desk was dressed in a pale orange silk shirt and dark orange tie, suspenders and suit pants. He appeared fortyish silver creeping into the hair of his four hundred dollar haircut.

“Good afternoon Mr. Edwards, my name is Hildegarde,” she introduced, closing the door behind her.

He rose from the desk as she walked closer. “Do we have an appointment?” he asked, practiced smile on his tanned face.

“No,” she replied.

“I didn’t catch your last name,” he said, walking out from behind the desk to greet her and extending his right hand.

“I didn’t give it, it’s irrelevant anyway. I am interested in a Lucien Delacroix,” she said, accepting his hand and giving it a firm shake.

“I’m sorry,” he said, releasing her hand and circling back around his desk before indicating a chair for her to sit.

 Sitting, “Please don’t play coy with me Mr. Edwards, we both know you’re obviously his representative,” she admonished.

He sat, “That name doesn’t ring any bells, and even if it did, I’m afraid that would fall under attorney client confidentiality,” he said, same practiced smile on his face.

“Let me be direct,” she started, “Mr. Delacroix has made certain arrangements pertaining to my employer, you facilitated those arrangements. I am not overly interested in you, however, you will tell me where I will find him.”

“I’m sorry,” he replied, smile replaced by an apologetic look on his face.

“How might I convey the import of my necessity?” she asked, rising to standing.

He stood and shrugged. ”Again I’m sorry, my hands are tied. Should anything change, I’ll be sure to let you know, just give your information to Michelle on the way out.”

“This is an impressive view from this height,” she said, looking beyond him out the windows of his office.

“Yes,” he replied with a plastic smile, offering his hand.

She lifted her hand, opened it so that it faced him. Closing her hand, she moved it forward and it seemed as if an invisible force mirrored the motions of her hand as he was picked up and slammed against the glass. She pushed her hand forward a bit more and he felt the pressure as the windows threated to explode outward.

“Wait,” he breathed.

“For what Mr. Edwards?” she asked, pulling her hand forward and slamming it toward the ground, he was pulled off the glass and slammed on top of his elaborate oak desk.

“Delacroix, I’ll tell you where he is,” he gasped.

“Excellent,” she said, releasing him from the force and re-seating herself. “Though I must say I am somewhat disappointed by the haste with which you’ve overturned your professional convictions.” Her thoughts drifted back to Jack.

“He is a very dangerous man,” warned the lawyer, climbing off the desk and bringing her back to the moment.

“I am more dangerous,” she answered coolly.

“Mr. Delacroix has a couple of holdings locally,” he said

“You will provide me an address for them,” she stated.

“Of course. I will need to access the computer,” he said, pointing at the computer on the desk, eyes still wild and full of fear.

She smiled and inclined her head by way of assent.

The printer near the wall jumped to life as it produced the information she required.

“My only concern now Mr. Edwards, how do I ensure that once I’m gone, you do not alert Mr. Delacroix to the fact that I am looking for him?” she questioned.

“You could pay me a retainer, then it will become attorney client privilege,” he offered.

“Except you’ve already demonstrated your willingness to breach that trust given minimal motivation, leaving you here may prove to be a risky proposition for my endeavor Mr. Edwards.”

“I can assure you,” he started but she cut him off.

“You can assure me nothing other than you will do whatever is necessary to protect your own interests,” she interjected.

“I don’t know how you did what you did, I would never betray you I swear,” he wheedled.

An amused smile touched her lips. “I know,” she said.

He let out a breath of relief then she shrank him.

As she had seen with others many times before, the tiny frightened man lay there bewildered, unable to fathom what had just transpired. Bending at the knee, she gathered him in her right hand and lifted him upward, setting his tiny form on his desk. For him, the new vantage of the surface of his desk possessed an entirely different landscape. Like a deer in the headlights of an onrushing car, he stood there transfixed by the tremendous beauty towering over him.

Moving forward, Hilde picked up the telephone from the cradle and pressed the receptionist’s button. “I want you to cancel the rest of my day,” she said, her voice an exact duplicate of the lawyers.

He looked up at her, still agog. She hung up the phone.

“Wha…” he trailed off, seemingly lost.

She slammed her hand down upon the desk with a loud clap. “Mr. Edwards, I realize the situation may somewhat disconcerting to you, but I would like you to focus.”

Suddenly he collapsed onto his knees. “Oh my god, what’s happening,” he sobbed.

“Truly? Compose yourself, show some courage, this is embarrassing,” she reprimanded. Again Jack Dalton sprang to her mind.

“Please, please,” he begged, walking on knees hands clasped before him.

Hilde frowned. She reached into the small purse she carried and removed a small case. Opening it, she gathered him up and placed him inside. Closing the case she returned it to her purse. Next, she shrank his clothes down and dropped them into her purse.

Waving a quick hand in front of herself, she paused a moment to evaluate her reflection the glass window. She looked exactly like Thomas Edwards, right down to the phony smile. Exiting the office, she met Michelle’s questioning gaze.

“Tom?” she asked, puzzled expression still on her face, half rising from her desk.

Hilde stopped and raised her hand. “Re-schedule the balance of my week, I won’t be in,” she instructed in the voice of the lawyer.

“Okay,” answered Michelle.

Turning, Hilde left the office and walked to the elevator.

Once in the underground parkade, it didn’t take long for her to find the silver Mercedes SLS AMG with vanity plates reading ’LGL EGL’. A quick nod of her head reduced the roadster to the size of a toy. Gathering up the automobile, she allowed the guise to fall and she once more resembled herself. She climbed into her own car and set the Mercedes on her passenger seat. Starting her vehicle, she pulled the seatbelt over her shoulder and exited the parking lot.

Clarice

Clarice poked her head into Clare’s bedroom. Jack, dressed in sport shorts and a muscle t-shirt sat on the bed leaning back against a pillow. Remote control for the television bigger than him set by his side.

“Clare’s not here,” he said.

“What you doing?” she asked, walking in.

“Watching a movie,” he answered. “You?”

“Nothing. Bored. I got grounded, and Hilde took my ten grand away.”

“Boo fucking hoo. I’m the size of a bloody smurf, we all got problems princess,” he answered wryly.

She giggled, “That’s funny. Princess. “

Jack favored her with an odd look. “Why is it funny?”

“Because I really am a princess. Princess of the Blood,” she added, inclining her head a poked her nose in the air in mock fashion.

Jack rolled his eyes.

“Do you know where they went?” she asked.

“Don’t know,” he answered with a shrug, eyes still on the television. “Out? There was no one here when I woke up. Your sister and her friends have a habit of knocking the shit out of me on a regular basis.”

She looked at the screen. “Ooh I love this one,” she said, coming around the bed and plopping down beside him, causing him to bounce upward in the air.

“Hey, little consideration here. When you fling yourself up in the air like Hulk Hogan doing a leg drop, your giant ass causes an earthquake!”

“Giant ass? I’ll have you know I have a remarkable ass,” she said lifting the buttock closest to him and giving it a slap.

“You are as big as a brontosaurus. Everything on you, from this point of view, is giant.”

Reaching down she gathered him up and set him on her left shoulder. “It’s hard to hear you over the movie,” she said.

“What did you eat?” he asked, scrunching up his face and leaning away from her head.

“Salad,” she answered, perplexed look on her face.

“Like what? A shit salad? You need a mint,” he said, making a ‘yuck’ face.

“It was a Caesar salad. You should be thankful it wasn’t an annoying little dude salad,” she said gnashing teeth at him playfully.

“What is the deal with that anyway shrinking people and,” he put his hand to his mouth, “you know, scoffing them down?”

Ignoring the question, “My birthday is coming up, you can come to my party if you want,” she offered with a wide grin.

“Yeah, that’s what I want, gaggle to teenage girls squealing and talking about hair and what tampon works best, and all this while being the size of a disposable lighter. What could possibly go wrong?” he rolled his eyes again.

She laughed, unintentionally causing him to fall forward onto the swell of her breast. Twisting, he was able to catch himself on the top edge of her tube top.

“Oops,” she said, taking him in her hand and depositing him back on her shoulder.

“Careful there giggles,” he commented. “Giggles cause jiggles.”

“Then don’t make me laugh,” she countered, poking at him with an elaborately painted nail. He tried to fend off her finger but slipped again, this time falling head first and landing in the cleavage of her firm breasts. She giggled again and pressed her breasts together, pinning her between the fleshy mounds.

When she released the pressure, he sputtered for air while struggling to right himself. She squeezed her breasts together again, pinning his body so only his head and shoulders protruded from the pillowy prison. Pushing her breasts upward, he was brought closer to her mouth where she peppered him with a half dozen little playful kisses.

“Gah!” he exclaimed, “Garlic breath!”

She laughed, causing her bosom to shake. Leaning in again, she planted a giant wet kiss on his whole head.

“Ugh, no fair!” he cried, unable to wipe the saliva from his face. Moving closer, she snaked out her tongue and licked at his face, he thrashed futilely against the force holding him fast. Looking up into her face he detected the change, subtle, but he had seen it before with other women. She was no longer playing, her pilot light had lit and now the furnace was warming up. He knew he needed to stop this before it went any further. She was a gorgeous girl, but she was still just a girl and he wasn’t wired that way.

Removing him from her cleavage, she changed her position on the bed so that she was lying on her back. She lowered him directly onto her lips, mouth closed.

Standing upright, left foot on her upper lip, right foot on her lower, his footing precarious as she wore some form of gloss making her lips slippery. “Listen, we can’t…” he started.

She opened her mouth slightly, the motion almost causing him to lose his balance. “Hold it Clarice,” he cautioned.

She snaked her tongue out and licked at him. It was all he could do to steady himself. “Stop!” he cried, but she opened her mouth further, he twisted to the side, but caught himself, hands now on her upper lip, feet on her lower, he was facedown over her open mouth, gazing practically right down her throat. Her breath was hot as she pushed him up with her tongue, dislodging his hold so that he was completely on her tongue. Opening her mouth wider still, she lowered her tongue and him along with it into her mouth. All the turbulent motion disoriented him, he couldn’t tell up from down as he was buffeted around the inside of her mouth.

Scooting back into a semi-seated position, she opened her mouth and allowed him to slide out onto her chest much as Angela had done earlier. Shakily he stood and faced her. “Look you’re a great kid, really you are, but you don’t want to do this,” he said, taking the direct approach.

“But I do,” she said with an affirmative nod of her head.

“Sweetheart, you’re still just seventeen,” he stated.

“What difference does a week make?” she asked.

“To me it is a world of difference. Eighteen you’re fair game. Seventeen means hands off,” he supplied, voice empathetic.

“Is it because you only have eyes for Clare. Everyone only sees Clare, it’s like living in her shadow,” protested Clarice, a pout on her plump lower lip.

“You are a beautiful young woman and you aren’t standing in your sister’s shadow. You radiate bright enough all on your own,” he said reassuringly.

She removed him from her breasts and set him down on the bed beside her. He could see her eyes welling up.

“Oh darlin’,” he said, wishing he was his normal size so he could wrap comforting arms about her. “A week will blaze by in no time,” he re-assured.

“Then I will have you,” she stated, a slow smile blossoming on her young face.

“We’ll see what the future holds,” he said with a smile, bomb diffused, for the moment. He certainly did not want to get caught between the two sisters.

She grabbed him up quick and hugged him fairly tightly to her chest the returned him to the bed. “Good talk,” she said, hopping up from the bed and exiting the room.

He shook his head. “Chicks,” he mumbled.