- Text Size +

That was the second time during the ordeal that I had that reality-defying realization that I was smaller.  This time, though, wasn’t just being smaller, but it was smaller than I already was when I’d been made smaller the first time.  I wanted to just have a panic attack right then and there, so I could pass out and not be forced into this situation.  I’d done it before, so it could happen again, right?  I was so hopeful that it would freak me out enough to pass out, even for a little bit.  Just a little while so I could try to be more sane and level-headed when I woke up again.

That did not happen, though.  The more my mind wished for it, the longer time passed with me in Hiroshi’s hands and I realized I wasn’t going to pass out anytime soon.  It didn’t stop my body from shivering and shaking in her grasp.  Panic attack or not, I was so small that she didn’t even need both of her hands to have me in her grasp and held high in the air.  That fear hit me when I saw one of her hands leave me and her other slightly move, holding me all on its own. 

Why I didn’t faint, I will never know.  I was so much smaller, and at my height, being held in her hand was like being held a couple dozen feet in the air.  It was like I was being kept conscious on purpose, cursed to feel the worst fears of my life being combined together.  The only thing that was missing was spiders, but I didn’t even want to think about that.  It was scary enough to see Hiroshi like this.  I didn’t even want to consider the dangers the natural world would have to confront me with now.  Being half my former size, sure, I could be okay on my own.  At my current size, though, not so much. 

“Now you’re not going to be bad, are you?  Now you have to depend on me.”

Her voice wasn’t any easier to get accustomed to, either.  With how much smaller I was, it sounded like she’d lost several parts of her voice’s pitch.  Instead of having the more normal, semi-high pitched voice, it now felt much deeper and lower, almost like a man’s voice.  It was louder, too.  Each time she spoke normally, it sounded like she was talking into a small microphone.  It really made my eardrums tingle on the inside from how loud and different it was now. 

Aside from that, I thought about the words and realized that my size now was exactly what she wanted and planned.  I don’t know what I did between biting her and waking up like this, but it had to have been something bad.  She thought so, and it was enough to make her make me smaller.  Small, like a doll.  Smaller than even a child.  With her words repeating themselves in my head, I did realize it, slowly.  Whatever I had done had threatened her situation of taking care of me.  I’d done something to show that I had a chance of leaving and being on my own.  So, she ‘fixed’ the problem. 

By fixed, of course, I mean she made me smaller.  She made me small enough that I couldn’t go out into the world on my own, even if the chance presented itself.  She set me down on the floor for a moment, as if forcing me to take it in.  I barely came up to her shin, at my full height.  I knew that, at my current size, I’d have to climb the door and walls just to reach the doorknob.  I couldn’t open doors.  I couldn’t get in chairs to eat.  I wouldn’t be able to reach much of anything.  At this point, to get anywhere or do anything, I would be forced to depend on her.  For everything. 

The feeling settled in for quite some time.  I could tell that she intentionally set me down on the floor in front of her and stood to full height to make it soak into my mind that much faster.  I looked forward and saw the bottoms of her shins.  I looked up and saw her at an unbelievable height.  If I reached up with my arms, I wouldn’t even be able to reach her hips.  I couldn’t even reach the hips of someone who was short, to begin with.  I turned away from looking at her, holding my hands over my eyes, shivering all over. 

‘Please, let this be a dream.  Please’.  The thoughts repeated in my mind over and over again.  I wanted this to be over.  I wanted it all to be a dream.  How could I accept this reality?  How could I accept the fact that I was now no taller than a plush doll that you would place in the room of a child?  How could anyone possibly accept this?  Not only that, but I was the size of a doll at the mercy of a woman whom had seemingly drugged and kidnapped me against my will.  Someone who almost strangled me out of jealousy of hearing another woman’s name.  And someone who was extreme enough that she made me so small that I couldn’t get through a single day without depending on her for absolutely everything. 

“It must be scary down there.  You want to come up here with let me take care of you and protect you, don’t you?”

I wanted to run.  My right leg did start to move.  I knew I could dart between her legs and probably get under the table before she could move.  We were in the kitchen and I could probably surprise her.  I almost started, but I mentally stopped myself as memories flooded into my head.  ‘Don’t you dare, you idiot.’  And I stopped myself and knew.  If trying to get away from her or something of the sort resulted in this, what would happen if I kept resisting?  If she could make me this small, what else could she be capable of doing?  Across the likely unbelievable strength she now had over me and the thought of her making me even smaller, I forced myself to stop. 

I had no choice.  I was helpless.  I felt sadness, fear, depression, and more go into my body.  I couldn’t go anywhere without her following.  I couldn’t do anything without consequences like what I had just had happen.  I looked up to my towering tormenter and raised my arms, nodding my head towards her.  My gut rolled and tightened. 

Her words scared me, but they were the absolute truth.  I had to depend on her…