- Text Size +

The food I’d eaten that day had to be the best scrambled eggs I had ever had in my entire life.  After all, how long had it been since I had eaten that little slice of toast in the kitchen beforehand?  It could have been days since I had last eaten any kind of food at all.  Anything remotely edible would have been the Food of the Gods at that point.  Thankfully for me, it was something I already loved eating, which made the taste that much better.

Eating a giant glob of scrambled eggs with my hands was different, though.  Imagine picking up a huge hamburger and biting into it.  Except, this hamburger was a giant glob of egg.  It was slippery in my hands and had large ridges that my fingers fit into perfectly.  Although it felt disgusting and almost slimy, it was amazingly delicious.  I downed the entire thing in a matter of minutes, taking all of my attention away from the headache that had been magically erased by a wet, cold finger.  Eating was one thing that could get my mind off of this situation. 

As soon as I finished it, I just kind of laid down on the floor, completely full and not capable of eating another bite.  Sensations had entered my body that went beyond this horrible nightmare of being doll-sized and trapped inside Hiroshi’s home.  It was the sensation of a starving gut being satisfied and not caring about a single thing in the world but the nice feeling of nourishment in your body.  My hands folded over my stomach and I closed my eyes, taking it in and dismissing the reality I was now a part of. 

It was the first time I had truly felt away from my nightmare.  True, Hiroshi had been incredibly gentle and kind to me since my fall, but I could feel the tension of being so small and helpless before the world around me.  It wasn’t until now that sensations took over that completely took me away from that reality, but for a few minutes, enabling me to have some sense of normal comfort.  I may have been the size of a doll, but I still needed that comfort and needed to try and forget where I was, even for a few moments. 

If only it had lasted longer.  My eyes were awakened at a loud CLUNK that sounded like it was right next to me.  But maybe ‘my eyes were awakened’ isn’t the right way to describe it.  It was more like I was drifting off to sleep and a train drove by 2 feet away, blowing its whistle at its loudest volume, resulting in me gasping and my heart turning into Speed Racer.  I turned around, almost frightened by the sound and saw four long and pointed skewers stabbed into the remaining egg on the plate.  They led to a larger metallic frame, revealing a fork. 

I watched as the over-sized fork lifted the egg into the waiting mouth that Hiroshi’s face wore.  I looked as the fork went into her mouth and came out, her chewing up every little bit, enjoying her meal just as much as I had enjoyed mine.  The fork came down again and the CLUNK happened again, which didn’t scare me as much, but was loud enough to sound like I was in a Blacksmith’s shop.  A Blacksmith’s shop that was actually her just pressing her fork into the plate to get some food. 

This was another case of taking in my reality, as much as my previous comfort didn’t want.  I laid back down and took it in all over again.  I shouldn’t have forgotten that I was on a table the size of a soccer field.  The fork was tall as I was, and anyone could imagine what a mass of metal nearly 6 feet in height would sound like when it pressed down on other metal.  I just didn’t want to be brought back into that reality.  I get a single moment of clarity outside of that reality, and I didn’t want to be taken back in.  Not so soon.  But, luck surely wasn’t on my side.  My past experiences with Hiroshi had taught me that. 

When she finished off the rest of the eggs, and I heard a loud, muffled gulp as she swallowed it down, she looked down at me, still laying on my back, trying so hard to get back into that wonderful feeling I had earlier.  She just smiled down at me with that strangely-warm smile she’d been wearing since the fall.  She was just staring down at me, not saying a single word.  I stared right back up at her, watching and waiting.  She was finished, so I assumed we would go somewhere, or at least she would say something to me. 

We stared at one another for what felt like hours on end without saying a word.  Her smile never faded, and her cheeks showcased a rosy red color.  Just smiling, smiling, and smiling some more.  Seeing her smile like that and look so gentle sparked more mixed feelings down inside me.  Seeing her now, made me question myself.  Was this really the same person that forcibly made me small and nearly cracked my bones?  Was this the same person that was so obsessive over trapping me here and allowing her to do what she wished with me? 

These thoughts were dangerous.  They were the kind of thoughts that cross your mind when you start to trust someone, and until that evening, I had no reason to trust Hiroshi at all.  But my mind was conflicted from that night’s events.  And she furthered it when she broke the stillness and let her fingers run down my chest and over my stomach, slowly moving over it and rubbing it.  She didn’t say anything.  She just rubbed my stomach and kept that warm, big smile on her face. 

The more she rubbed, the redder my face felt.  Stomach rubs were a guilty pleasure of mine.  When someone would rub my belly, it would instantly make me bashful and bright red in the face.  Seeing her smiling face above me and my face growing more bright with every passing moment, it almost felt less and less that she could even be capable of the things she had done before.  The thought occurred to me several times.  How could someone who is treating me with such gentleness and care be the same person that was willing to hurt me and punish me for not doing whatever she wished?  How was that possible? 

I didn’t know, and I could feel the affection affecting me more every second, and I was too caught up in it to know I was surely falling right into what she wanted me to…