- Text Size +

Philip tried to peel his eyes away from the vicious maw before him, knowing that staring into it was not better than staring into the gates of hell.  Above him, first and foremost, was Paige’s nose, oppressively beating warm air down on him, enough that his clothes and hair shuffled around him.  Deeper inside each of her nostrils he could see her septum ring, flipped to sit inside of the nostrils themselves instead of hanging down, something she commonly did for work.

                Further up, her eyes, looking out at something that Philip couldn’t have seen even if the palm of her hand was not immediately behind him.  The big brown irises, when viewed up close (or just t Philip’s size) had a few speckles of green near the pupil.  It was something he thought was a living work of art, but Paige usually avoided talking about, saying that she thought it made her look weird. 

                She blinked.  A simple action, subconscious to the girl herself, but Philip knew that if he ever found himself clinging to one of those long eyelashes of hers, a blink could flatten his world, or injure him severely at least. 

 

Paige’s mouth grabbed his attention again, as it widened further to accept her little treat.  It was as though she had misjudged how large of a bite she intended to take.  The majority of the inside of her mouth was on display to him now, except the very precipice of her throat, and her uvula, whose vague outline could be seen dangling in the shadows. 

 

“Paige, no!”  He screamed out one last time, but was prepared to accept his fate.  It was fitting, almost, or ironic even, that in his admiration of her body, touching himself at the sight of the woman’s stomach, that his final resting place be there.  In that moment, he couldn’t think of a better place to die.

 

Her lips moved into position around the chocolate treat, her teeth immediately behind. All at once, her teeth descended, and a maelstrom of violent reactions began. 

 

Philip, both lucky and unlucky enough to be closer to the middle of the treat, witnessed the enormous teeth decimate the landscape only fifty yards from where he was standing.  He obviously could no longer see the ground that had been taken into custody behind the ivory walls, but he could see the ground near them beginning to crack and crumble under the force.  Above, the upper lip had lifted into what Phil could only describe as a sneer, to avoid smudging chocolate all over it. 

 

Awestruck in horror, Philip was forced to temporarily abandon his goal of getting to Paige’s thumb.  The impact of her first bite had the surface shaking violently, but only for a moment, long enough for huge cracks to develop all through the piece of candy.  One of these cracks formed between him and the thumb, and for fear of getting stuck in the sticky peanut butter filling, he decided to crawl around it.
               
                The hairline fractures that had developed closer to the impact of her teeth had caused the structural integrity of the ground to diminish enough that it could no longer support its own weight, and Philip could see the signs of it beginning to fall.   Hoping it would buy him time, he began to crawl vigorously around the large cracks to try and reach Paige’s thumb, and salvation from this nightmare.

                Paige, too, had noticed that the candy had begun to fall apart where she had taken her bite, and knew she had to react quickly.  As her tiny ex-boyfriend scrambled towards freedom in her food, Paige began to compensate by taking a larger bite.

                Phil was trying harder than ever to not look at Paige’s mouth as she had taken her first bite, and he assumed she was chewing at this point.  He thought that he had at least a minute or two between bites to reach her thumb, climb aboard, and beat her skin until she noticed him.  However, when he felt the rumbling return, he couldn’t help but look up and see what he hoped he wouldn’t.

Once again, Paige’s mouth was widening, her teeth lifting a few hundred yards above the surface of the Reese’s cup.  However, instead of the plain of chocolate he was stranded on moving further towards her mouth, her mouth was encroaching further upon his diminishing ground. 

                The shadow of her nose and lips grew darker as the approached where he was crawling.  In moments they would be upon him, and he’d be as good as gone.  Philip tried yet again to get to his feet and run the distance, but his feet sank six inches into the chocolate floor, which was like another six feet deep.  He wished he had his snow shoes.  No, he wished he wasn’t about to be eaten by his best friend.

                The oppressive heat from her mouth beat on his back again, momentarily, before quickly changing directions as Paige took a gentle inhale during her the second part of her first bite.  The inhale was enough to not only pull Philip off of his balance, but bring him tumbling back fifteen feet closer to wherever the impact zone would be.  Inhaling while taking a bite was normal, he remembered the ASMR videos he used to help him sleep, of a person eating and whispering on about something.  Now he was not only worried about possibly being crushed to death between Paige’s teeth, but simply being inhaled and stranded in her lungs until he died of…whatever would kill him in her lungs.

                Tumbling unceremoniously end over end as he landed, Philip opened his eyes and saw that he was laying horizontally across one of the smaller cracks.  He also noticed that in front of him, he could no longer make out Paige’s lips or teeth, only the darkness inside of her mouth.  He turned around quickly to see that he was a few inches lower that the surface of the candy he had been on previously, and was now on one of the sagging bits of chocolate. 

 

He looked up.  Paige’s teeth were directly above him.

                The shrunken boy screamed for his life, and the sharp ivory walls slammed down. 

                Once again, chaos filled the world around him.  He could hear the sounds of the ground buckling under the weight of Paige’s teeth.  Eye barely open, he could only barely make out the pink scenery around him.  More immediately, a darker pink wall went on endlessly to his left and right.   He grabbed ahold of whatever it was, and found that it was soft, and very moist.  Bits of chocolate as large, as or larger than him were around as well, it didn’t take him long to realize that he was clinging to Paige’s gum line.

                It was over.  He failed.  He was in Paige’s mouth.  He shut his eyes tight and prepared for the first stage of digestion: chewing.  Despite his eyes being closed, he noticed the world get darker around him, and realized that Paige’s lips must have closed.  The humidity reached new levels that he had not experience, and all he wanted was a quick death.  His grip was already weakening, partially due to the saliva, but additionally because he saw no point in trying much harder. 

 

As he debated on letting go, the choice was taken from him, as a powerful motion shook the entire cavern around him, and he slipped, sliding against the gum line deeper into the recesses of her mouth.  He almost screamed, but, again, saw no point.  She couldn’t hear him an inch away from her face, how would she hear him in her mouth?
                The half-slide, half-fall he was engaged in carried him to the bottom of a crevice, where he tumbled against another, wall, this one equally as yet with saliva, but much more forgiving.  It was here that he felt the powerful movement of Paige’s jaws crushing the mouthful of candy.  But why wasn’t it more violent? Why wasn’t being tossed around her tongue?

 

Because he was under her tongue. Deep under her tongue.

 

 One last reprieve before he was inevitably going to die in Paige’s perfect, powerful stomach.  Fate, God, Satan…whoever was arranging this situation had to be giggling at his misfortune.  But was it really a misfortune, or was it a chance to survive?  He wasn’t suicidal, if there was a chance to live, he would go for it, even if it would take hours. For now, though, the motion of her jaw lowering and rising like a rhythmic cadence was enough deterrent to wait until she was no longer eating. 

 

He shifted into a more comfortable position, and listened to the sound of what should have been his destruction above.  The crushing sounds had quickly moved to a less crunching of hard candy to the sloshing around of melted chocolate.  He could even hear a subtle gulp, the mouthful being ushered into Paige’s gullet and sliding down her throat. 

 

The dense smell of chocolate and peanut butter was almost overwhelming. Some of the saliva had even begun to drip from her tongue and cover the area around him.  He sighed, closing his eyes again.  Seconds later, he felt her jaw shift again, more than while she was chewing, he tumbled over face first into a puddle of candy-flavored saliva.  As he pulled himself up, he saw that there was almost enough light to make out his surroundings, Paige’s mouth was open, but her tongue was preventing most of the light from reaching him.

                Philip was moved onto his side as Paige took another, more elegant bite than the last.  The cavern was filled with darkness again, and the crunching, crushing sounds returned.  Bite number two had begun.  Thinking back about meals he shared with Paige, he remembered her being a slower eater, at least in his mind, so this could be a long process.

 

After fifteen or twenty seconds or so, the sound of swallowing told him she was finished with this bite, and would probably have another soon.  He shifted to a place and position that would mean less of him getting shoved around, and prepared for another mouthful of chocolate. 

                However…it didn’t happen.  Her mouth hadn’t opened yet.  Maybe she wasn’t going to take another bite yet?  It confirmed his theory about her being a slow eater, who knows how long before she finished.  Mentally shrugging it off, he relaxed.

                Two minutes went by.  Three.  Four.  Nothing changed.  Philip had both considered trying to escape earlier than planned and taking a nap.  The thought of spending more time in here than necessary chilled him though.  It seemed like a situation that the longer he spent in, the less his chances of survival were.  In reality, however, he rationalized that eventually Paige would go to sleep.  It would be an easy climb out of her mouth, where he could wait on her bed for her attention.  That is, if she didn’t brush her teeth before bed.

                Her jaw shifted again, and the semi-familiar sound of chocolate being decimated above him returned.  A return to normality comforted him, almost.  He listened intently for her to swallow…but it never came.

 

He couldn’t expect her to schedule every bite and swallow though, she might take yet another bite and swallow them both at the same time.  Who knew?  But how long would he wait before deciding to begin his escape?  Was waiting for bed time really the best option?

                Paige’s jaw shifted.  He was right, she was taking another…

                Above, the sound of rolling tides crashing against something filled his ears, muffled by her tongue.  He was doused with a few gallons of cold, wet, bubbling liquid that seemed to pour like a waterfall from above.  Shifting out of his position, he wiped the liquid out of his eyes.  He couldn’t quite make out the color, but he didn’t need to.  The smell alone was enough.  It was soda.  Coke.

               Philip’s mind began to race.  How could he have not considered that she would drink something at some point, even if not now?  He was already up to his knees in soda, and her tongue was easily 20 feet above him.  He didn’t expect her to fill her mouth with soda, but maybe he could use this as a way to reach her teeth and climb out of her mouth?

                As he waited for the quickly filling area to hopefully carry him to salvation, he noticed Paige’s jaw shift again, sending violent ripples through the soda he was almost floating in now. Her mouth went dark from her lips sealing. Immediately after, her tongue lifted higher than ever, and a torrent of soda descending from above, instantly washing Phil into the lake that was now just below the top of Paige’s gum line.  Now, all he had to do was swim for it.

                And swim he did, violently and efficiently towards the front of Paige’s mouth.  Her tongue settled back into place, pushing the liquid around to the sides of the mouth, raising the fluid level even higher.  Philip was washed closer towards her teeth, only a few yards away now.  He kicked, paddled and exerted every bit of energy his body had left on reaching her gums and teeth…this had to happen, he couldn’t be swallowed.

                Paige’s tongue, the roof of his world for several minutes and protector of his organic prison, lifted once again, more slowly this time, and washed the fluid, Philip included, backwards.  The shrunken man was thrown through the air, and splashed somewhere in the middle of Paige’s tongue.

                Now floating along in a current stronger than he’d ever felt, he felt the cold surge through his body, draining his energy that much more.  Looking up, Paige’s throat, a chasm of darkness to the helpless Phil, beckoned him closer with that same gulping sound that he heard before.  It was much louder now, and that much more intimidating knowing that he was being carried towards it.  He flailed in the river some, but knew that it was ultimately pointless.  He could even see her uvula more clearly now, bouncing with every few hundreds of gallons that passed under it into the girl’s esophagus. 

 

Finally, it was his turn.  As the river became shallower near Paige’s gullet, he noticed that his feet brushed along the surface of her tongue.  Within a few yards, he even found that he was slowing down, and even came to a stop, staring over the crevice that lead deep inside Paige’s stomach. He almost laughed…he was alive, and not swallowed or chewed.  He watched the last gallons trickle into the darkness, and things were still.  Philips face began to contort into a grin.

                All at once, the entire cavern seized, tongue throat, uvula and all violently shifting and shaking.  Paige’s jaw shifted some, light shined into the cavern, and Philip turned around briefly to see the outside world.  A powerful gust of wind followed, violently knocking Philip off of his feet.

                “No!”  He yelled, but his balance had left him, and he was blown the remaining two yards over the black hole of Paige’s throat, where he fell quickly, descending towards the entrance of Paige’s esophagus.

                Paige, after swallowing a mouthful of Coke, hiccupped gently as she checked her social media news feed.