- Text Size +

Dr. Foley was retiring for the evening exhausted. Today was an exceptionally busy day, both because of the larger number of inbound and outbound guests, but also because of how Cheri was incessantly over-analyzing their anomaly. Sure, there was something to learn from it, but he was confident it would work itself out in the end. He stopped by a lit up glass window inside the operational complex for the resort. It was a view onto the hydroponics production for Rashja. This room was their most valuable asset. Like a poppy field, or semiconductor factory, the room almost literally grew money. The plants were individually small, so the facility was tightly packed. Six tiers from floor to cieling, filling up 3000 square feet. It was estimated to equal the growing capacity of more than 4 acres of soil. Temperature and humidity controlled, the growing conditions remained perfect 365 days a year. The plants had proven especially hard to artificially cultivate, with a seeding process dependent on animal involvement much like the Rashja itself. 

GIven how hard it had been for his team to achieve sucess even with amazing modern technology, he often wondered how the Aztecs could have possibly figured out the cycle. Yet it was clear they did, and thankfully they inscribed it. If not, it's might have been centuries before it was rediscovered. It might never have been, species on planet Earth were becoming extinct every day on planet earth. This anomoly Cheri was so concerned about did yield a clue. Dr. Foley wondered if perhaps the Aztecs hadn't actually grown or found much Rashja at all. With vessels like Christopher, it might not require nearly as much of the substance to achieve a result. Yes, he decided that must be it. He pulled out his voice recorder and made a mental note for him to later consider the implications.

Currently he was more focused on their project to move the Rashja production offsite. It had been important at first to have it here, mostly to shorten the cycle for adjustments and research. However, early on they realized the risk. Their patron screening was excessive, but not infallable. If a malicious patron was able to make it even through level-two, the steel doors and electrical traps protecting the growing bay wouldn't protect it. Of course having it on-site did prevent it from being breeched by outside parties. They always maintained a rotating set of goddess staff members, hidden among the patrons. He couldn't imagine anyone getting through them, let alone a handful of the patrons he was sure they could recruit if it ever turned into a firefight. Their decided solution was to build another facility large enough to house a similar rotating goddess guard staff. It was a large undertaking, and not one they could manage until they had reached their present scale. After that, there was still the matter of securing the transport routes, keeping the location a secret, and of course, making sure they never hired any compromised employees. His head hurt as the flurry of details he'd been working on for months again frustrated and overwhelmed him, reminding him it was truly time to sleep. Another day.