- Text Size +

As she fresheded herself in the bathroom, Vanessa was feeling pleased at how comfortable she was becoming in her new skin. She was, however, having second thoughts about her decision to leave Chris alone by the pool. The deck had been littered with hot and half naked goddesses, only some of them attending to their smaller men. Today she would not be able to wear his pairing bracelet, and she wondered if someone else would lure him while she was away. She wasn't aware of how much her thoughts were already regarding the men as cherished yet unequal playthings for the goddesses. She was aware, however, that she wanted Chris to remain hers. 

Thumbing herself into the check-in kiosk provided at least a small reminder of reality. The biometric panel displayed itself, including a number of her vital statistics, not least of which was her her height. Eight-foot-nine! She felt butterflies of excitement. When this whole process started, when she had accepted the impossibility of it all, she took on eight and a half feet as her goal for this one week visit. She had sailed past it with no sight of stopping. 

She felt tension, and her side rang out in pain for a few seconds before she could enter her mental cocoon. Despite the increasing duration and pain levels of her sernasa, she had become equally better at weathering them. She counted to herself, noting this one was the longest yet, 36, 37, 38. "Astounding," she barely heard the voice as she held herself calm. Finally the pain subsided and she opened her eyes. 

On the video kiosk in front of her was Dr. Foley, "Good morning Vanessa." She bowed her head in response, not quite ready to speak. "I'm very impressed. I've never seen anyone handle such a strong swell without buckling to the pain. We find there is only mild discomfort if individual occurances are kept around one percent. That wave of yours was," he looked aside to a monitor readout, "almost five percent.", he said as his face washed with an astonished look. Vanessa struggled to calculate what that meant, trying to convert the feet and inches in her head. She was slower than the computer controlled measuring sequence, as the biometrics quickly flashed a new figure into place, nine-foot-two. Even Vanessa's jaw went slack, shocked she had grown five inches in under a minute. 

When Dr. Foley spoke again it was with a calm and somber voice, "Vanessa, here at goddess resort, our number one goal, above all else, is safety. I feel it necessary to raise my concerns over these figures. At the very least, I would like you to come by for some tests and observation." He knew very well that goddesses this progressed couldn't be forced into anything without Rashja, so he was as encouraging as possible, "it shouldn't take much of your time, an hour or two at the most." 

Vanessa would have been lying if she didn't feel a little bit of concern herself. While she had weathered the pain, the tension and release had left her both exhaused and numb. Maybe they were right, maybe she should try to decrease her growth rate. Afterall, they had told her she was special, that she was progressing much faster than normal. Her thoughts flew to her giver, what he would do without her, "what about Christopher? I left him there by the pool and should get back to him." 

"Please don't be concerned. We will tell him you were called in to assist the staff, and that you'll rejoin him later. He will be carefully looked after." Good, she thought. He needs to be looked after.