- Text Size +

Simon Foley had been again woken in the middle of the night and dragged into an emergency boardroom meeting called by Reed Kendrick. When he walked through the door, the room was empty, the other participants only virtually present via images on the wall. Reed was already heated and mid-rant to Gerard, "last time we spoke you said we should do nothing. Now look what is happening. If we don't act, and act now, this whole thing is going to lose containment. This isn't just going to be about press." Reed barely acknowledged Simon entering the room. "This is going to be about what happens when Patron-113 realizes what he's truly capable of." 

Reed's attention was focused on Gerard as if he should have an immediate response, but he simply paused, causing a gap that Simon filled with a yawn. He was still incredibly tired. When it finished, he found Gerard addressing him, not Reed. "Welcome Dr. Foley. Thank you for joining us again during your nighttime hours." Reed looked about ready to throw something, as if it would somehow hit Gerard thousands of miles away. Gerard simply held up his hand as he spoke, acknowledging he hadn't forgotten about the monologue. Reed seemed to settle down. "You're security team has produced some new footage of Patron-113. I didn't think much of it, but our colleague here is ruffled." Gerard held his hand higher, cutting of what was sure to be another interruption from Reed before it began. "Please please. Let the good doctor review the footage first." 

Simon stretched the muscles of his face, widening his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up. A video feed appeared on the wall panel. The footage was grainy, obviously shot from outside the open-window of an apartment, Simon guessed from a floor above on a neighboring building. A man and a woman were talking. The man's back was to the camera, and the woman was merely a shadow behind the window curtains. At the moment their faces were not even visible, but a high-tech titling overlay indicated them to be Patron-113, Chris Rothchild, and his girlfriend Suzanne Oliver. She handed him a small unrecognizable object, then moved closer, her hands falling on his hips. 

Even with the window pane and curtain obscuring her, their height difference was apparent. She looked to be perhaps six inches taller than him. What happened next was further confirmation of what they already knew. She lifted him off the ground with a lack of effort that would only be possible because of the Rashja. The window cropped his head out of view, but they were obviously kissing. As strange as all of this might have seemed to someone else, Simon's fatigue was setting back in and he yawned again. He had already seen footage proving this woman had experienced a sernasa just the day before. They had already decided to watch and wait. Reed responded to his his disinterest, "just wait Simon, it's coming." 

The woman stepped forward, still holding Patron-113 six inches off the ground as if he weighed nothing. Her head was still hidden from view, but the fact that she was topless was not. The two quickly crossed the window frame exposure and disappeared out of view. A moment later the camera cut to a different angle. A shot through the same window, but from a very different location, higher up, further away. She was sitting on the bed as she stood close between her spread legs. They were talking again. If there was any captured audio it was muted, but text subtitles flashed across the screen. "Will I ... bigger? .... bigger for you." The woman laid back on the bed for a moment, touching herself and pressing her tits together in a perfectly rehearsed way that made this start to seem less like surveilance footage and more like a porno. 

Simon was still fighting fatigue as his attention drifted away from the video. On the conference panels, he could see Gerard was watching with more than a hint of interest. It was hard to blame him, even through the grainy footage the woman was half-naked and obviously stunning. Reed's expression on the other hand was shifting to a superior look as if a murderer was about to confess and he had it all on tape. By the time Simon looked back at the video feed, he realized they were already having sex. The woman was sitting up again, her hands pumping him in and out of her at a quick pace that was unexpected given they had just started. 

A moment later she collapsed on the bed, arching her back, and Simon realized the sernasa was already on her. He felt a flash of empathy for Patron-113 and how quickly she had taken the Rashja from him. Simon's thoughts flashed to Cheri, standing guard outside the conference room door, and how she had never been so impatient, no matter how much she wanted the Rashja. A moment later the woman was staring down with a prepared pose that was so sexy it again made the footage seem like a porno, and then the growth began. The way the window-panel framed her on the video made it even more apparent, her head quickly approaching its edge. As her body elongated, it tugged at the bed covers, causing shimmers in the grainy footage. Then she looked unexpectedly right at the video feed. It startled Simon a little, because it felt like she was looking right at him. A moment later Patron-113, Chris Rothchild, turned to the window. The window went dark and the footage froze at it reached it's end marker.

Reed let out what he had been holding in. "I hope you see Dr. Foley, that we clearly have a problem we need to deal with." Simon really didn't get his point. They already knew Chris' unique lack of Rashja falloff in his bloodstream. They already knew his girlfriend had experienced Sernasa a day before. They watched him carefully smuggle her to his apartment to keep her from being seen. This just looked like they were having a bit of fun, incredibly sexy fun. He tried to mentally put himself in Chris' shoes, and figured he'd probably be doing the exact same thing. More than once. He realized Reed was still ranting and he had missed a little of it, "...calculations she is now over seven foot two! What if they go for a stroll. She is more than a spectacle, she is our undoing!" 

Simon looked over at Gerard. He looked bored. Reed was still ranting to himself as Simon addressed Gerard directly. "I don't see a problem here. Do you see a problem here?" Gerard just shook his head. This time it was Simon that took command of the conversation, fueled by his annoyance at being woken up in the middle of the night, again, this time for no reason. He held up his hand and started scolding Reed. "That is quite enough Mr. Kendrick. I have seen the footage. We are in the same state we were yesterday. Has Patron-113 exposed Rashja to the world? Has he exposed our operation? Has he done anything that might put either the resort, or your precious profits at risk?" Reed stared dumbfounded, not expecting to be on the outside of this decision; knowing the answer was 'no' on all counts but not willing to say it. "Patron... Chris Rothchild is a free man. We have no legal right to do anything to stop him. What would you have us do? Arrest him? We are not the police. If we're through here, I could really use the sleep I'm missing."

Simon was almost to the door when Reed mustered up a response, "Wait. Wait. Can't we reason with the man? Appeal to his judgement. Encourage him not to do anything.. rash?" Simon turned staring silently at Reed on the video wall. Too tired to think anymore, waiting for something actionable to come out of the babble mouth. "Can't we, invite him back here. No, I guess that wouldn't last long. Can't we send someone to him. An employee, or perhaps someone he bonded with here at the resort? Someone who could influence him." Reed seemed exasperated. "Can't we do something? I can't afford for this investment to fail."

At least the source of Reed's behavior was always clear. Money. Not only was there no sign of a problem, there was certainly no conclusive sign Rashja going public would hurt the Resort's profits. It might even help. Right now though, Simon really just wanted some sleep, so much he was willing to appease Reed's paranoia. "Perhaps. I'll look into it tomorrow. However, no more emergency conference calls to spy on former resort guests in their privacy of their own homes. It might make me question your loyalty to the project and have to delay your next resort visit." It was an entirely empty threat. Gerard had never visited the resort, but Reed was a bit of a frequent flier, and he knew that would get his mind off financial return. "With that, I am now truly off to bed. Thank you gentlemen."