- Text Size +








……I've had quite an interesting time here. Say what you want, atheists, but miracles DO exist…….

I suppose I should refrain from throwing out non-sequiturs like that and tell everything that has happened in the hours since I've last reported in. After all, I'm not even close to being out of this yet, and time is of the essence….

So, as stated before, I had decided to take refuge against the invading girls inside the school’s athletic office, positioning myself between the other side of the open door and a wall-not a very creative spot, admittedly, but one that gave me a small chance to escape even if I ended up being spotted. It also gave me the option of slipping out if an intruder entered the room with their back turned and failed a spot check. (I briefly considered trying to simply overpower them if such a situation would occur, but word around the organization was that they had developed medicines/steroids of a sort that pretty much made them invulnerable to everything. We weren't entirely sure about this, as it was a relatively new piece of information, but I wasn't about to take any chances.)

I could hear the girls talking in the hallway. They were giggling over the rampage, gleefully discussing events and imagery that would appall any person with some sense of normality. (As an example of their barbaric deeds, Riley apparently washed the occupants of a grocery store down with the contents of our city’s water tower, and later tinted our nearby lake yellow just by relieving herself….) Fortunately, I didn't have to hear about that for too long, as their topic of conversation quickly shifted over to the issue of finding me. As I had hoped, most of them reasoned that I wouldn't stick around anywhere near the office after Hayley saw me, and after a brief debate they ended up heading off in the direction of the middle school. Only one stayed behind, and judging by the voices, that was Cress herself.


I heard the voices of the other girls fade away, leaving me one on one with the tall brunette torture master. I reasoned that she would check the office first, giving me time to weigh my options and prepare myself for the confrontation ahead. First, I decided to take a slight peek around the corner of the door-I couldn't hear any footsteps, and I figured such a gesture was a risk-free way to see whether she had left or was just standing there and considering her first move.

Risk-free, my ass. She had crept right up to the doorway I was hiding by, and my eye popped out about two inches away from her face.

She gave me the same smile that I had seen barely fifteen minutes ago.

I was all too aware that I couldn't hope to escape from or overpower her from my position, and so I simply slammed the door, trying to force her into a situation where she would come in expecting barricades and/or hiding, which would allow me to slip past her and head for the outside door as she recovered her wits. I wasn't sure what I would do once I got outside, especially since doing so would put me at a severe disadvantage by allowing them to use their growth rays on themselves against me without fear of damaging the school (which they, as our intelligence had deducted, wanted to spare for their own use), but that was an issue that could be tackled when my life wasn't in immediate danger.

I retook my position at the side of the door as she opened it slowly and ponderously. This unnerved me a bit, as I had hoped she would just recklessly burst into the room in her overconfidence, but it seemed like she intended to savor the moment. Subsequently, my hope shifted to the possibility that the damned sadist might be slow to react while she prematurely celebrated her victory. Thankfully, that seemed to be the case, as she suddenly and casually strolled through the half-open door, calling out:

“Oh Johhhnnnny, where arrre youu?"

I bolted through the door, having decided that every second spent trying to sneak into the hallway would just be another second within range of that shrink ray. Behind me, the lanky enforcer let out a startled curse as she realized her prey was escaping. A quick, desperate Ray blast missed by a mile, and I felt the thrill of adrenaline and victory as I rounded a corner in the hallway, ready to burst out of the exit and into relative freedom....

….and running straight into her.The one girl that I had prayed was not involved, that I had often dreamed of even after the façade of my world was torn down around me…..

Tyrelle Flynn was a sweet(-acting) girl of fifteen years, a freshman just like my other huntresses, and I had once viewed her as the single most amazing member of the human race. Many other guys in school claimed she wasn't all that good-looking, but I vehemently disagreed; she had an insanely cute face with entrancing blue eyes, a cute nose, cute lips, and cute frickin’ everything, framed by long, jet-black hair that somehow managed to make her even more perfect. The rest of her body was no slouch, either: she was pale-skinned and very, um, filled out for her age in all the right areas. What really got me, though, was her bubbly personality, infectious laugh, and……suffice it to say that, while I can't say that I was truly in love with her (there was too much solid competition around at the time for that), I cared about her more than I cared about every other girl in existence, which-as I may have mentioned earlier-was quite a bit. Even after the big reveal, I still had a great deal of affection for her, as we supposedly had reliable information stating that she was one of the few cute girls not involved in the war. (Have I mentioned so far that the girls tend to favor adding only the sexier members of their gender to their club? Melissa insisted on that because she was incredibly petty when it came to such matters, and later leaders seem to have kept the unwritten rule alive as part of their tendency to value style over efficiency.) Unfortunately, it seemed like Intel had finally gotten something wrong, as now it was her smile that chilled me, her hand that grabbed me, her sultry, melodious voice that taunted me……

“It's your lucky day, Johnny…"

I stared at her uncomprehendingly.

“All those days, where you've dreamed about how you would die for me….”

How did she know that?

“…..and now, you'll get to.”

Her other hand raised, holding her ray gun.

I can only guess at what happened to her next, what mad chance allowed me to end up sitting in this underground basement and recording this as opposed to suffering in her mouth or what/wherever she would choose to do with/put me. Maybe it was the sound of Hayley coming around the corner, maybe it was the heat of the moment, and maybe the hand of God himself came down and gave her wrist a little smack, but whatever happened, her shot missed.
One important thing about the shrink ray is that it's not really a ray at all, it's more of a blast weapon, to put it that way. For those of you who have played Call of Duty, think of the “bullets” it fires more as the splash-damage shots the Ray Gun in Zombies mode uses. However, this gun doesn't have a 20-round magazine: it's a single-shot gun that utilizes massive bursts of electricity combined with whatever it is that causes shrinking/growth. While this allows for nearly unlimited reserve ammo, it causes the gun to essentially power down for a few seconds to recharge, and that few seconds can be key; for example, it can allow a man to rip off the shirt they’re being held by and bolt off into the distance while the gun’s owner stares at it in disbelief.

Guess what happened with me.

I managed to disappear around the corner of the school before Tyrelle had the presence of mind to look for me, and I headed straight for the semi-secret underground basement that my friends had been using as a secret meeting place. The girls had decimated it already, and I realized they would probably quickly realize that I was hiding out in there, but it was the only nearby hiding place I knew where, thanks to its underground positioning, I could count on not being obliterated by a stray step from a massive female foot. At the very least, I had them guessing at my position again, and this time I knew the area far better than them.

Speaking of stray stomps, I'm starting to hear quite a few of them. The girls appear to have grown again, and disturbingly, I think I'm hearing more than seven pairs of feet.

Very well then……it’s time for me to sign off. Let Part 2 of this hunt begin.









Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are great things.....help me out with those, eh?