- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Tunnel flashback

Dawn came fast that morning.  I wanted to sleep some more.  Not that sleeping on Kelly’s stomach wasn’t soft and incredibly warm.  But I had to get up.  I didn’t sleep well, as you could imagine.  The gentle rocking of Kelly’s belly as she breathed in and out helped to calm my nervous.  But it was still a bad night of sleep to put it nicely. 

            The village was a mile away.  I would have to return in a few hours.  But it was a good time for my thoughts to run mad.  I was alone, away from Ashley, away from everything I had known.  The world was a terrible place when you’re away from your loved ones.  I thought of Ashley.  And I thought of the death squads that hunted me down. 

            The death squads were the Giantess way to bring the men under rule.  It occurred immediately after they grew.  I suppose it was impossible to see something so small as there equal.  But to take it so far as genocide, I suppose genocide must be a human condition.  I remember this one time.  It was a week before I, or anyone had gotten there wings.  I was walking or better put, hiding from store to store to find food.  I walked out of this one Wendy’s after getting what was left.  The ground was silent, I couldn’t hear any vibrations, couldn’t hear any sound, and couldn’t see anything that could harm me.  It was if, I was back to sanity, the world had become sane again.  I walked out of the Wendy’s and forgot a simple rule.  When something is trying to kill you, and they are a lot bigger then you are, always look up. 

            I took two steps out of the building and a huge tractor trailer landed on the place.  “Kill it” was all I heard.  I suppose having myself be called an “it” was far better for the conscious then by calling me a “him” or something that they could establish was human, like them.  I didn’t what for an invitation to express my thoughts on that matter.  I ran to my Suzuki Dirt bike and floored it!  The fire that occurred when the tractor trailer hit only gave me a few seconds; the group of giantesses, only 18 years at best spotted me, and they wanted me dead.  The ground shake with every step they took.  I weaved in and out of the alley’s to keep them from gaining enough speed to over take me. 

            My pulse was thumbing, breath in, breath out, must escape was all I thought.  Breath in, breath out, must escape.  It was harder to feel the shudders of the earth beneath me, I must have broken away from them.  Suddenly up ahead at the end of the alley.  One appears; I hit the brakes, turn my head, there is one at the end of the alley, I’m trapped.  Breath in, breath out, I must escape.  I hit the gas and go straight at the one in front of my bike.  Breath in, breath out, I must escape.  She must have been taken off guard by this action.  Her hand swoops down, I can feel the wind as it passes by, and it’s the hand of death.  It misses; she didn’t calculate my speed right or something.  Either way I wasn’t going to waste my time finding out.  I drive across the street and into the abandoned auditorium. 

            In the lobby I jump off the bike and look, “where is it?”  I say to myself.  “Where is it?”  I hear the giantess group banging on the roof.  Let them, this was an old bomb shelter.  They would have to be pounding on it for days to bring it down.  But if they wanted me bad enough they could wait it out.  And I need food and water and this place had nothing.  I look and I find the sign.  Basement!

            “I run down the steps and through the spider-webs.  It was an ancient relic to a forgotten age.  My lighter led the way.  I looked on the walls of the hallway; they are littered with old shows that went through this place.  I look and I see one poster.  It was a man standing alone with a sunset behind him.  It was titled “Reign”.  I liked it, but I couldn’t stop to admire that long.  At the end of the hall way was a door.  The old stories were true from high school.  There was an old tunnel built there which connected the auditorium with town hall at the other side of the city.  I entered the tunnel.  Brains had one against bruin.

            “Reign, Reign.” Kelly spoke.

            “Oh, sorry I must have zoned out there for a second.  Let’s go the village.”  I started to walk.  Breath in, breath out, I must win!