- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The Council

“Reign, explain yourself, what is your business with Ashley?”  Their I was, standing in front of the council; they were all ugly and fat.  But were the biggest of the giantesses.  I paced from side to side and looked at the crowd.  There must have been every one of them watching.  The older ones were indifferent, they had battled.  But the younger ones, they stood in awe, as if was the boogey man.  They horrible killer behind every bend, with every step I took their eyes would follow.  With every sway of my tail, there breath would be hold.  I thought, and I answered. 

            “I love her” Simple, but honest. 

            “How can we know this isn’t a plot by men to attack us?”  One of the council spook.

            “I was exiled by he men.”

            “Why?” Another barked.

            “For wanting to talk to women.”

            “Why?”   A third chimed in.

            “Because we co-existed for thousands of years, built great empirse and built greats homes and we did it together.  Man and woman, I wasn’t saying not keep up our guard, a lot had happened in the past 5 years.  But why couldn’t the men and the woman just talk?”  My arms were held out, like a child looking for someone to believe him.  I needed them to believe me. 

            “That’s quite the bold idea.”

            “Is it? Or is it the one idea that takes the most guts, because both sides would need to answer for their sins?”  They change the subject.

            “What about Laura, the one you killed and Michelle the one that was killed under the building.” They were throwing a curve ball seeing what I would do.  I stared into Ashley’s big eyes and winked.  I had to be honest.  She started to weep which caused her massive breasts to sway from side to side.  Her Mother’s comforts were in vain.  She loved me and I knew it.  My heart raced with agony over being questioned, but warmth knowing that someone cared.

            “Why were young ones allowed to be out on their own?” I answer with a question of my own.  “Yes, I killed Laura.  She was going to kill me and I reacted as any of you would have done if attacked.  It’s kill or be killed out there and you know this as much as I do.”

            “They got out of our sight, all of the young ones crave to see the city and to see a man for the first time after the cloud hit.”  I can understand that.

            “I see, to be honest were having a harder and harder time keeping the teenage boys in control.  They are so gun-hoe for battle that they don’t care about anything.  If both sides are having this issue then why the older ones, the scared ones, can’t the ones that carry there sorrow in their soul talk and settle it before more bloodshed.” 

            “Enough!”  The biggest one raised her hand; she stood at, probably 110 feet.  Unlike most of the counsel was breath taking.  “Reign, you have proven that you can be trusted.  Not killing Ashley and helping her has shown your kindness.  The council also has great respect for her mother and with her plead for mercy I have decided to let you live here.  But you must have a job.  All have a job that lives inside our village.  And you will be a teacher.”

            “Teacher, teacher of what?”  My jaw was still hanging from hearing that.

            “Many have recognized you, many still fear you.  Your abilities are wide known amongst us, and your name is also known among the older giantesses.  You will teach self defense and battle strategies.”  With that she raised both of her arms.  The others did as she, and held them up for a few seconds.  She lowered and they disbursed. 

            “Reign, your ok, your going to live with me and my mom, I’m so happy.”  Ashley’s smile was from ear to ear, but something about teaching the class was scaring me.