- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I decided the first chapter wasn't really enough to go on so I uploaded this one straght away. Hope you like it. ^_^

I stood back up to my full height and surveyed the surrounding area. The whole slum was in a general state of panic. Anyone who wasn’t passed out from drugs or alcohol was on their feet fleeing for their lives. The ground seemed to move with little rivers of people, flowing over and around the wrecked cars and debris that littered the streets. I wanted to tell them not to be frightened, that I didn’t mean to hurt them. But actions speak louder than words. Those who hadn’t seen me destroy that house would have heard the commotion and the rest would have run because when a mob of terrified people are running in your direction it usually means that something extremely bad is on it’s way.

It was probably best that they left any way. Let’s face it, I was a menace. And it would have been a lot harder to navigate these tiny backstreets if they were filled with people.

I looked down for a clear path out of the slum. There wasn’t one. Where there had once been normal roads there were now tiny alleys, formed by decades of city counsel neglect and makeshift huts built haphazardly wherever they would fit. The result was a virtual maze of alleys and side streets barely wide enough to fit the mini-miner (a very small British car) that I had picked up a few minutes ago. The driver had crashed again, and it was now left abandoned halfway inside another shack.

I waited a few more seconds while the edges of the crowd expanded farther away from me. Looking down on the mess of rusted iron and garbage, I knew I wasn’t leaving here without crushing a few more homes.

I lifted my foot and moved it over a hut in my path, making the largest stride I could so as to do the least amount of damage. Hesitantly, I lowered my big toe onto the roof, gave it a gentle nudge and listened. The crude walls wavered under the weight but I heard no screams.

So I put my foot down. The first step was the hardest. Not knowing whether or not there were people still inside. I stood with my feet together while I waited for the mob to get far enough away for me to take another step, then waited again, then another step. If the crowd was frightened before, they were terrified now that it appeared that I was chasing them.

Under my bare feet I could feel the small hovels crumple like they were made of matchsticks and tinfoil. Watching the ground for movement, I could also see the surrounding buildings vibrate with the impact tremors my footfalls were creating. I could only imagine what the little people on the ground were experiencing.

Finally, I let out a breath as I stepped into the clear street and out of the slum. The little throng of destitute people had dissipated into the surrounding neighbourhood and I was now free to make my way to where I was going.

The hospital was an old building full of sick people. I couldn’t just go down there and rip the place apart. I had to find someone to go in there and look for Mike for me. So that meant I had to get back to the safe house.

I started out in the general direction Mike and I had come the night before, moving at a mid-jog so I’d have time to react if some one in my path froze or jumped out in front of me. I kept my eyes on the ground in front of me, only looking up to get my bearings.

From this height I could see the house but I didn’t know the streets. Well I was fucking 70ft tall, so I just stepped over the houses that were in my way, being careful not to do any more damage than I had to. In a few minutes I was standing in front of the safe-house owned by Howard and Rachel Arnweel.

Howard and Rachel had met in much the same way as Mike and me. Mike had a friend who was a member of the shrunken person ring. Having worked with this guy for quite a while one year, he had slowly watched his now ex-friend go from a timid, self-conscious man to a confident and mean spirited bully. Finally, Mike’s friend had decided to let Mike in on what was going on.

He was horrified at what he saw. At the club there was no protection for the little people who were imprisoned there. The only hope they might have was to give themselves to a member who was known to be gentle.

Set up like a miniature town, the members would come in and pretend they were giants. They would stomp around, molesting the men and women who lived there. Not all of them were malicious like Lyndon. Some were gentle, even tender (while they fucking raped you). However they were all very dominant and not many of them treated the little people like anything more than a living dildo.

By the time Mike was introduced to the club I had been there just under a year. In that time I had seen over a hundred people killed. Some for no other reason than the giant had become bored with them. Others killed people regularly just for the fun of it.

Mike, like Rachel, took it upon himself to rescue the people in the town. I remember the first time we met. Though appalled by the rape orgy that assaulted his eyes, he bit his tongue and bided his time. The shrunken town was in chaos that night; some of the members were out for blood. In the frantic panic of those trying to get away from the killers, an enormous hand closed over my tiny frame and lifted me to a giant face. It was Mike, and he took me to a private area where he told me he would help us. Together we plotted our escape. The rest, as they say, is history.

Well now it was my turn to save him, so I had to decide how I was going to do this. Rachel would be scared of me. All little people were frightened by the giants. I decided to knock on the door and then hide out of sight. I would let my voice guide her to me.

When I bent down to gently tap on the tiny door, I noticed it had already been bashed in! Of course, the SPR attack. I slumped down on the front lawn, not certain how to continue.

“Rachel, are you in there?” I said in desperation, staring at the open door hopefully. If she wasn’t there then I didn’t know anyone else in town and I doubted anyone in the hospital would come out and talk to a 70ft monster.

“Hello, Ronny, is that you?” came from the wrecked house. She recognised my voice. Rachel came to the front door, looked about then ventured cautiously outside. She saw my huge crotch sitting on her lawn and her eyes flew wide open. Her little body began to tremble with tension as her gaze tracked its way up to my face. I watched with morbid fascination, like when you’re standing by a roadside during a car crash. You know something terrible is happening but you just can’t look away.

Finally her eyes reached my face. She screamed, a loud shrill cry of panic. She made a break for the house. And I let her go. I made a split second decision against grabbing her. No! I remembered what it was like the first time I met a giant. She’d been very rough with me, carried me around by my hair, and dangled me upside down by one leg. I would’ve been more considerate than that but Rachel still wouldn’t have trusted me if I had just “man handled” her. No, I would persuade her to come to me.

I lay down on the ground so that I could see inside the house. I whispered, trying to not sound intimidating. Kind of like how you’d talk to a small frightened animal, like how Mike had first spoke to me. “Rachel, Rachel it’s me Veronica. Please don’t be frightened. I’m not going to hurt you” Nothing. “Rachel please, we have to find Mike. Is he there?” Still nothing “Rachel I think the SPR’s might have him. Please at least answer me.”

Finally a small form came to the door. “Go away, you…you can’t be Ronny, she was shrunk. You would have had to be normal sized when you took the growth agent to get that huge. Your one of the SPRs” That last thought made her eyes widen again and she took a step back, retreating into the false security of her little home.

I took a deep breath, and released it. I needed to convince her that I was who I said I was and I needed to do it fast.

“Rachel, please ….. Ask me anything.”

Yes, I know, major stereotype but if it works, than it works.

“How do I know you haven’t just been spying on us? So you can get me to trust you and then kidnap us.” Well so much for that. How about some simple logic?

“Rachel, if I wanted to kidnap you I would have done it by now. I could tear down that house of yours and grab you. But I don’t want to do that because….. you’re my friend and I need your help.”

She came a few steps closer, out of the doorway and for the first time I got a good look at her. Rachel was tall, six foot seven, with read hair and jade green eyes. Dark bruises bloomed across her fair skin. Her dress, stained with blood, was torn in several places.

When I was six inches tall she had seemed like a living mountain. I mean she was more than a foot taller than Mike. I don’t know if she noticed but I flinched every time she picked me up. It was incomprehensible how something so huge could be so gentle. But after the initial shock, her hands were always soft and inviting.

She was intelligent, strong, well organised, and above all cautious. Which was what made her such a good safe house guard. And it made me wonder if someone hadn’t betrayed us.

“Did they take Howard?” I asked

“No, we got away, how bad is Mike?”

“I don’t know. But we have to get to him before the SPR does. Assuming they haven’t already.”

I placed my hand, palm up, on the ground, signalling for her to hop on. The now tiny Rachel hesitantly approached my hand. She stopped and looked up at me.

“I’m afraid Ronny.”

“I know. It will pass.” Rachel nodded and stepped into my hand. I closed my fingers over her tiny frame. I held her securely but not too tight and slowly stood up. I hated it when people grabbed me and then moved too fast. Made me giddy. Then finally we set off towards the hospital.