- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 12 - Taking Out Frustration 4’6”


I sat on the couch for about 15 minutes flipping through the tv channels.  I found a re-run of Most Amazing Police Chases on Spike.  After watching the show for about 10 minutes I began to get bored.

I decided to play my drums in the bedroom.  Picking up my phone from the end table at the armrest of the couch, I headed into my bedroom, making sure to close my door.  Living in that crapshoot made it hard to be a drummer, my neighbors next door, a set of twins named Kendall and Kristen, who had plead for independence from their parents, and found themselves in the same living situation as I was, hated when I played the drums.  I always had to close my bedroom door in order to knock-out as much excess resonance as possible.

Kendall and Kristen were 19-year-old identical twins.  They had both been held back in third grade and were seniors at my school and were fairly close friends with Rebecca.   I had always suspected that each had a little crush on me, but never made a move for a relationship, since they couldn’t stand my drumming.

The twins were drop-dead gorgeous with slightly-curly, slightly longer-than shoulder-length, light brown hair.  Kristen’s hair had golden blonde highlights as well, a perfect accent.  Both girls stood about 5’1”, Kendall was maybe half-an-inch taller than Kristen.  The twins had the perfect smiles as well with the slightest amount of overbite which made them each just that much cuter.

As I searched around for my noise cancelling filters to put in my ears, I had a disturbing thought, “I hope Rebecca did not go next door and tell the twins.  My drumming would be a perfect opportunity for them to come over and see me.”

I found my ear-filters and put them in my ears then made my way behind my drum set.  I took a seat on my throne and picked up my sticks from the floor tom.  At that moment I realized something, I could not reach the pedals for either my hi-hats or bass drum.

I stood up from my throne and turned the knob underneath the seat to lower it.  After lowering the throne about 8”, I sat back down and moved the hi-hats slightly closer to myself.  I then went through my warmup routine.

Once I was warmed up and ready to play, I decided to play one of my favorite songs from memory, Hash Pipe by Weezer.  I tended to be very heavy-handed behind the drums.  I must’ve been playing very loud, as on the third repetition playing through the song, I missed the sound of the knocking on my front door.

Suddenly, the door to my bedroom opened.  Kristen and Kendall stormed in.  I set down my sticks immediately and took out my sound filters.

“I’m sorry girls,” I apologized, “I didn’t mean to disturb you.  I just have been frustrated and felt like playing.”

The girls were looking at me very strangely, almost smirking.  It seemed like they knew too much.  I was on edge.

“Rebecca better not have told them,” I thought panicked.

“Hey Steve, you look different,” said Kendall, brushing off my apology.

“Yeah, have you lost weight,” Kristen chimed in inquisitively.

“Yes I have,” I lied trying to play off my shrinking, “I’m glad you noticed.”

“No, I don’t think that’s it Kristen,” Kendall retorted.

“Why do you say that,” Kristen asked.

“Well, it looks like he’s...shorter.”

Upon hearing this my heart sank into my stomach.  Immediately I knew Rebecca had told them.  The twins were acting.  I desperately tried to blow it off.

“That’s ridiculous,” I said.  I tried to keep my best poker face.

“Stand up then.  Unless you’re scared of a couple of little girls,” Kendall said, putting emphasis on little.

“Yeah, why don’t you just walk us out,” Kristen challenged flirtatiously.

I was growing more frustrated.  My two next door neighbors, who obviously had crushes on me, were challenging me.  I must’ve been getting red in the face.

“Oh is the cutie blushing,” Kendall said.

Kristen then started walking towards my drum set.  Kendall followed her twin sister.  The two beautiful twins were closing in on me.  They were going to force me to stand up.  

I stood and emerged from my drum set.  I was now standing right next to Kendall.  I came up to the top of her shoulder.  She then ruffled my hair.

“Oh my god,” Kendall cooed, “you’re adorable.”

“I’m really glad Rebecca came over today,” Kristen exclaimed exposing what, in that moment, was my biggest fear.

“Okay girls, you’ve seen me,” I tried the tactic I had tried to use to get rid of Rebecca earlier, “can I show you out now.”

“Sure,” Kristen responded, “lead the way.”

I was glad that the twins were nicer than Rebecca.  I moved to lead the girls out, but Kendall blocked my path.  Realizing they must’ve faked the gesture of kindness, I stepped backward.

“You’re going to have to try harder than that little guy,” Kendall said smirking down at me.

“You can’t get rid of us that easily,” Kristen chimed in with a smile.

“What do you want,” I asked beginning to feel extremely uneasy after the incident this morning.

“Rebecca told us how light you were,” Kendall told me, “we want to lift you first.”

“Yeah,” Kristen exclaimed, “and you’re so damn cute too!”

“Okay, I’ll let you pick me up.  But you have to promise to leave afterwards,” I reasoned.

“Oh, we will,” Kendall assured me.

Kendall bent down and easily picked me up by the waiste.  She lifted me until I was eye-to-eye with her brightly smiling face.  I was hurtled into the air as she threw me onto the bed.

“Don’t worry,” Kendall said, “I’m not implying anything here.  I just wanted to see how easy that was without hurting you.”

I was glad she was honest with me.  I sat up on the bed as Kendall walked over to the doorway and Kristen came to my bedside.  Kristen offered her hand to me and I accepted.

Kristen gave me more than I expected.  She practically jerked my arm out of the socket as she pulled me off my bed, effortlessly hoisting my body into a fireman’s carry.

“Oh my god!  He is so light” Kristen exclaimed gleefully to her sister.

Kristen then did something I should’ve expected after that morning and carried me out the bedroom door, Kendall leading the way.  I had begun to panic, I started flailing.  Kendall opened the door to the hall and led the way out, leaving it open as I was carried to the door immediately to the left of mine.

I was then set down.  I wrenched my neck up to look Kristen in the eyes.  Kendall came to her side and both bursted out with laughter.

“Did you really think we were going to take you away like that,” Kristen asked in between laughs.

“Wow, someone has some major trust issues,” Kendal joked.

“Now run along little man or we might just do that,” Kristen said, still laughing.

The girls turned me around and one slapped me on the ass.  The twins were in a fit of laughter as I sprinted down the hall and into my apartment, slamming the door behind me.  

“This can’t keep happening to me today,” I thought.

I decided to sit on the couch to calm myself.  I began to cry.  I thought to myself about what I would need to do.

“I need protection in my own home,” I thought to myself, “I can’t be an independent man anymore.  I’ll just be taken advantage of.  I need the money, so I can’t stop taking the HDB,” I continued my thought monologue.  Then I had an idea, “I’ll go across the hall and ask if I can stay the night with Angela and Celeste.  That’s a solid plan.”

I decided to wait a while before I asked so I could cool down.  I sat back again and turned the tv back on.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for all the positive feedback guys!  This story is at almost 17,000 reads now, thank you so much!  Also, sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have been pretty busy in real life.