- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this chapter took a REALLY long time. I lost inspiration for a bit and then I had to study for finals and all that. I'll try to work more consistently on this story now.




"Sorry I took so long, everyone," his mother boomed. "I needed to get something from my car, but then I decided to make some coffee real quick. I'm feeling a bit tired, and maybe this will help keep me up for a bit longer. I might need a nap, soon, though..."

His mother held a large mug in her hand and slurped her coffee loudly. Alex shuddered. He hated the sounds of people's mouths eating or drinking or anything like that. Having the sound amplified thousands of times didn't alleviate his suffering.

"You know what?" I think that's a good idea. I'm going to take a nap. I need some rest. I'll lock the door so Amanda can't get you guys."

His mother set her coffee down on the end table and noisily clamored into her bed. She adjusted herself before telling the tiny people to be careful. Luckily, Alex's mom didn't snore, or everyone would have a much harder time.

Fox turned to Alex. "Ah, did you hear that? The door's locked, so we won't have to deal with 'Amanda.'"

"How couldn't I hear?" Alex retorted.

Fox laughed. "I like your sense of humor so far, pal."

Wolf interrupted. "Fox, bring them back to the restaurant for some questioning."

"Aye aye, sir," Fox replied in a sexy tone that made Alex feel a bit weak. He didn't know why that sentence and her responding like a sailor made him feel that way, but he'd be lying if he said he didn't like it.

Fox grabbed his back and gave him a light shove in the direction of the restaurant. Her hands felt warm against his back. He knew she'd done it on purpose. She knew what he was thinking and how he felt. She was just messing with him, tantalizing him.

Alex and Sarah walked quietly back towards the restaurant. Alex didn't mind being held captive that much. At least not by Fox. When they arrived, Fox lead them to a booth in the back of the restaurant, near the bathrooms. She sat them down and waited for Wolf to return.

Wolf came in shortly after with music blasting. Alex recognized Jesus of Suburbia playing. He enjoyed a lot of early 90s and 2000s music, and Green Day was no exception.

Wolf sat down at a booth across from them. Fox say leaned against another table.

"Right, let's get to business," Wolf said in a to the point voice. "We've heard some tumors around the town."

"Yeah? Like what?" Alex replied.

"Rumors that these giants are your mom and sister."

Alex sat in silence for a moment.

"They're true, aren't they?" Wolf asked.

"Can't say they aren't," Alex answered. "They're good people. My mom's nice, and my sister is too, for the most part."

Fox leaned over to Wolf and whispered something in his ear. Then he nodded and spoke to Alex and Sarah.

"We're going to split you two up. I'll take the girl, Fox takes you. The answers will be more intimate and... 'confidential,'" Wolf explained.

Wolf and Sarah stayed at the booth, while Fox led Sarah to a table a good ways away from them. Alex was secretly feeling elated. Fox probably knew it, too.

They arrived at a table, and Fox sat down across from him.

"Now, I think that if we are going to have a good talk, then I should at least know your name. Don't you think?" Fox said to Alex.

"Alex," he replied.

"Alex." Fox said the name to herself a few times. "Well, Alex, Wolf told me that I need to get some info from you. And he's said before that I'm probably the best here at getting information from people."

"I believe it."

Alex saw Fox move her small hands down her leg slowly, headed for her shoes. Her black heels were strapped tightly around her ankles. Slowly and deliberately, Fox undid the straps on each heel, sliding her foot out in a methodical manner. Alex watched intently. Fox caught his eye, paused for a second, then smiled. Alex noticed that it wasn't exactly a friendly smile.

"I hope this doesn't bother you," she said to Alex.

"Not at all," he replied. He was mesmerized.

Fox propped her bare feet up on the table.

"May I?" It was a rhetorical question. They both knew who was in charge here.

Alex, who'd never really had a thing for feet, found himself taking in every detail of hers. He studied every wrinkle on her soles and the bottom of her toes. The bright red nail polish. The heel with a little bit of dirt on the bottom.

Fox obviously noticed his gaze. She had a thing for that.

"Like what you see?" She asked Alex in her seductive manner yet again.

"I guess I do," Alex said. He felt an oncoming erection for some reason. "I don't know why. I've never really liked feet."

"Well, you must not have really paid attention to them," she said back to him. "Look at mine. I take very good care of them. I always wash them, and lather them, and clean them..."

Alex squirmed in his seat. "What do you want from me?"

"Well, we've come to learn that you know these giants. Know so well that you're related to them."

"Uh...yes, that's correct," Alex said, staring at her feet. He didn't know what had gotten into him.

"In that case, we need you to help us get rescued."

"You don't think I've been trying to do that already?" He shot back at Fox.

Fox was obviously annoyed at his rebillous tone and frowned. "You better watch it. You're not the one in charge here."

"And neither are!" Alex retorted. He was starting to feel a bit better. He was coming to his senses and had finally snapped from his intense stare at Fox's feet. "My mom or sister could crush us all with one step, and you think you're the one in charge?"

Fox pursed her lips. She couldn't argue with that logic. She strapped her feet back into her heels, her red toes glistening in the light. She lead him back to Wolf, who was sitting in the main area with Sarah. He seemed upset. He likely hadn't gotten much from her.

"He's a tough nut to crack," Fox said to Wolf as she lead Alex into the room. "I almost had him with the 'secret weapon.'"

"She is as well," Wolf muttered. Then, addressing Alex, he said, "C'mon, man. We're on your side. We just want to get back to normal, just like you. You know them better than us, and you can help us do that.

Alex couldn't argue with their logic but just felt something was off. He couldn't quite figure it out. He just felt like these people were not to be trusted, so matter how sexy or persuasive they were.

His mother saved him once again. Having awoken from her slumber, her feet caused loud and powerful tremors and her body cast a dark shadow over the town.

"Ah, for fuck's sake..." Wolf mumbled.

Suddenly the city was whisked into the air. His mother must've picked it up. Again Alex was glad for this. Though he couldn't deny he was attracted to Fox, she was not his friend and he made up his mind to stay away from her and her group once and for all.

The tiny city was held between Alex's mother's thumb and forefinger. Her green eye looked at the city with great interest.

"Alex? Honey, where are you? Come on out," She never remembered that her voice was loud and powerful to the tiny people.

Alex looked at his captors. Surprisingly, they motioned for him to go. Grabbing Sarah's hand, which they did not stop him from doing, he left the small restaurant and walked out into the street.

His mother somehow saw his absolutely minuscule form among the tiny buildings. She lowered her titanic finger to the city, trying to position it so Alex and Sarah could safely jump into her nail. After quite some time the duo managed to land in the nail and were whisked away high into the sky.

With the two microscopic passengers safely in her nail, Alex's mom stomped over to the nightstand and placed them down.

"Okay honey, remember how I said I needed to go shopping earlier?" She asked, her voice as powerful as ever. Alex nodded in response. "Well, I was able to get some stuff, but then I remembered after I got home: I still need shoes! And I want you to help me out with that, sweetie."

Alex swallowed hard. He was in quite the predicament. His mother was becoming more careless and more playful, which didn't bode well when he was less than a grain of sand to her. He couldn't say no, either. She'd have her way.

"Uh, sure, mom," Alex replied nervously as he tugged at his collar.

"Great!" His mother shouted loudly, sending the two micro people to the ground. "Just some quality mom-son bonding time. Let's go!"

Alex was carried away immediately before he realized Sarah would not be joining him in this endeavor. He felt lightheaded as his mom carried him at dizzying speeds into the living room, where her shoes were strewn about, magazines were out of place and a host of other untidy things were.

Alex's mom plopped down on the couch with enough force to obliterate dozens of cities immediately. On the ground near her bare feet were a pair of brown sandals, which she picked up and sat down on the coffee table in front of her.

"Well honey," his mother began, "I was thinking. Where could I put you to keep you safe? My purse is much too dangerous: skyscraper size lipstick would be tumbling about nonstop! My bra isn't safe either. Those mountains would squish you flat! I considered my pocket, but you might get caught up in a tight spot and become too compressed. Which leaves me with only one option: my shoes. It's still dangerous, but it's probably the safest of them all."

Alex was flooded with nervousness as his mom gracefully slipped her mountain crushing feet into the endless expanses of leather that were her sandals. She then picked Alex up and deposited him on the sandal, right by her monolithic toes. She gave them a slight wiggle, sending tremors throughout the material and knocking Alex down.

"Besides," she grinned. "I know how much you just love my feet, don't you?" At this she wiggled her toes again and giggled at her son's misfortune.

"Oh, boy. We're going to have so much fun today!"