- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Long chapter, full of action.



Alex gripped onto the enormous imperfections of the leather sandal as support from the literal earth rocking footsteps of his mother. He'd seen her feet up close before, he'd touched them, he'd even massaged them, but this was entirely different. He was completely at her mercy. Every second his stomach lurched as his mother simply took a step. He shot up in the air, struggling to keep his grip to her shoe, when he rocketed down to earth at lightning speeds and slammed into the shoe with great force. He wouldn't be surprised if he ended the day with dozens of bruises and maybe even a few fractures.

Alex's mother trodded along happily to her car, aware of her son on her sandal but unaware of his terrible plight. She opened the door and sat down, swinging her feet in the car before closing the door and turning it on.

The automatic and effortless action to his mom almost resulted in likely Alex's death. As she swung her feet into the car, Alex was forced down onto her sandal with an insane amount of G force, much more so than was probably preferred though luckily not enough to kill him. And as she set her foot down on the pedal, he again nearly flew off the sandal from the sheer force and recoil of her setting her foot down.

The drive was fortunately not as bad as the actual walk to the car, though it was by no means good. Because of the angle of her foot on the pedal, Alex had slid down her sandal right by the too familiar gargantuan toes. The smell of her feet was all encompassing. He managed to snuggle up in a comfortable position underneath her big toe, which he was able to quickly get out from underneath after a warning from his mom.

The experience exiting the car and walking into the store were pretty much the same as before, and he was again lucky to survive it. His mother finally entered the shoe store and headed all the way to the back where they would be the most secluded.

"Okay honey," his mother whispered, though her voice was still very much audible to Alex, "I want you to stay right by my side at all times, okay? I don't want anyone else to see you or step on you." She then discreetly reached down to her foot and picked up her diminutive son.

Alex nodded. Even if he wanted to go somewhere, and even if he tried, he was simply much too small to cross any distance that his mother wouldn't be able to cover in a single footstep. He would stay put wherever she would place him, and he decided to just go along with whatever she told him to do.

It's so hot out today," Alex's mother muttered to herself. "Wish they'd turn on the AC in here."

Alex's mother finally found a spot where she would try all her shoes. She placed Alex on the floor, right in front of the mirror built into the bench. He could just barely make out his minuscule reflection in the mirror that was hundreds upon hundreds of feet away. Alex's mind suddenly flashed back to Sarah. He wondered how she was doing all alone. Hopefully she would be able to make it without something bad happening, like Amanda finding her and the cities again.

"It's so hot out today," Alex's mother muttered to herself. "Wish they'd turn on the AC in here."

Alex was snapped out of his thoughts at the earth splitting force and tremendous boom of his mother placing her foot on the ground. She had since removed her sandals and drummer her bare toes on the ground, unaware that this simple action wasn't allowing her son to get off his knees.

"Alright," she whispered, "I need you to help me pick out some shoes. And we're both going to be trying them on. If I ever need to put you in my shoe again, I want you to like them as much as I do!"

Alex sighed and waited for his mother to pick out a pair of shoes. He marveled at just how enormous she was once again. He was fascinated at seeing a being so utterly huge perform the actions she was with such grace and precision.

His mother finally decided on a pair that she'd try ok first: a simple pair of black open toed heels. Alex once again was astounded at how his titan of a mother could see his infinitesimally puny body. She carried her tiny son into the air before placing him down at the time of the shoe.

"Be careful, sweetie!" She said to him before beginning to put the shoes on.

She put the left shoe in first, the one Alex was not in. Then came the right. Alex's heart raced as he saw the monstrous toes of his mother come sliding into the shoe. It was like they had a mind of their own, the way the wiggled and lurched forward as they entered the shoe. The small mountains that were his mother's toes quickly gained ground and before Alex knew it they were right in front of him. He had fortunately been placed on the very edge of the shoe, and although her toes were hundreds of feet away to him, their sheer size made them appear as if they were a foot away.

"Not bad," his mother thundered. "I like how they look. They make my feet look cute." At this she wiggled her toes playfully and again Alex fell to the floor. He was spending almost as much time on his knees as he was with his mother's feet.

"What do you think, honey?"

"I think they make your feet look very nice," Alex gulped. "I'm okay with whatever you choose."

"Alrighty then," his mother said. "I'll leave these here and we can move on to the next pair."

Alex had thought they were only getting one and they'd be out of here, but he should have known better. His mother was crazy about shopping, and he remembered loathing anytime they went out shopping, as she would take forever looking at things when Alex had been long done already.

"You know, I have so many of the same type of shoe," his mother boomed. "I have so many heels, sandals and flip flops. You know what I could use? Some running shoes. I've been wanting to start jogging anyway."

Alex's mother selected a pair of silver and pink Nikes that looked like they would do a good job in running. Alex felt the warm, gigantic fingers of his mother wrap around his small frame and carry him into the running shoe. She carefully placed him at the very back of the toe section so he would be far from harm's way.

"Okay, get ready!" She told him as the lifted the shoe into the air so she could put her foot in it. Alex was thrown up into the air and slammed back down with great force. As he rubbed his likely bruised ribs, he gave a little yelp as his chamber suddenly darkened and he saw his mother's toes crawling into the shoe.

Alex quickly realized how bad his situation was. He'd never been on or in a pair of shoes his mother wore that weren't open toed. The shoes were obviously closed, and the moment his mother's toes entered the shoe he knew he was in for it. Immediately a strong smell entered the shoe. It smelled of musk, dirty and that signature foot smell, but it was amplified by hundreds of times. Alex gagged at the foul odor he was now trapped with. Her feet had never smelled good before, even though she applied lotion and kept good care of them. On her sandal, at least the smell diffused out into the air. Here, it had nowhere to go and Alex was stuck with the all encompassing smell in the shoe.

Of course, his mother was completely oblivious to all this. She just happily slid her foot into the shoe and stood up.

Alex screamed as his mother's toes rapidly approached his spot before they finally stopped far too close for comfort for him. He thought the worst was over, but it had only just begun.

Alex's mother wanted to test the shoes out, so she did a quick jog up and down the aisle a few times. She seemed to have completely forgotten the fact that her son, who was smaller than a grain of sand, was in her shoe.

Alex closed his eyes and hoped for the best as he flew up into his mother's big toe as she began to jog around the store. He was helpless as her foot lifted up into the air and slammed down, over and over. The whole thing was nearly unbearable. Since Alex was so small, he was unable to feel the heat of the air, but he wished he'd listened when his mother complained about it earlier. Now, he could easily feel the heat and its effects on his mother. The heat and activity of her feet caused waterfall sized drops of sweat to form on her toes, right near where poor Alex was. He gagged as the horrible scent of her feet only worsened with the addition of her sweat. His mother was completely unaware of the torture she was inflicting upon her son. He flopped around inside the shoe, eventually colliding with the warm flesh of his mother's toe. He happened to be unlucky enough to smack right into a huge droplet of sweat and he was completely drenched in the liquid. Salt water assaulted his eyes and he was wet all over. He was thrashed about and smashed into wall and toe alike for what seemed like forever. He'd been bruised up earlier, but it was nothing compared to now. Alex groaned in pain.

Having felt she tried the shoes out well enough, Alex's mother concluded her 15 second jog up and down the aisle.

"Looks like I've a new pair of sneakers!" She announced happily. She finally pulled the gigantic sneakers off her feet and removed her tiny son. Alex gasped for air as soon as he was released from his prison. He wiped his forehead and tried fanning out his clothes a little, but it didn't do much to dry the sweat. He smelled awful and very much like his mother's feet.

"Okay, what else?" His mother thought aloud, tapping her foot as the pondered.

Alex, having been set on the ground by his mother, toppled over and felt sick to his stomach at the rhythmic earthquakes every few seconds, caused by his mother's mindless tapping of her foot. He again felt puny and insignificant in the presence of the colossus he called his mother.

"I've got so many so it seems a bit unnecessary, but why not another pair of sandals?" Alex's mother said.

She leaned over and grabbed a pair of brown sandals with white straps.

"Hey, they match my toes!" She mused, giving them a wiggle and giving Alex an all too familiar event. Soon after he stood up he was grasped by giant fingers yet again. He never seemed to get over the feeling of vertigo, even though this was the nth time he'd been picked up.

Alex was placed at the edge of the sandal again and watched again as the monsters that were his mother's toes entered the sandal. They stopped right in front of him, so close even that Alex could touch them. He in fact just sat down and put his head in his hands as he waited for his mother to finish evaluating her shoes. He really didn't care what she wore, as long as they weren't those sneakers. Anything was better than them.

Alex's mother played with her toes a bit, wiggling and scrunching them repeatedly, giving Alex funny sensations down below. Satisfied, she grabbed her son and places him on the bench next to her enormous rear. He watched as she put the sandals back in the box and put on her original ones. She then picked up the three boxes and finally her tiny son before heading to the counter.

"I'd say we did a pretty good job, don't you think?" She whispered to Alex.

"Yeah, I think you picked out some nice shoes," Alex said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

Alex's mother stopped at the counter and purchased her footwear before exiting and getting in the car. She placed Alex on her sandal and he rested up against her toe as she drove off to some place.

After a short ride, the two pulled up outside some place Alex didn't know yet. His mother picked him up and exited the car. Alex saw where they were at and felt a little sick. They were at the spa his mother often talked about. He recalled that she said she needed to get a pedicure not too long ago, maybe a day or two before he shrank. He hoped that wasn't why they were here.

Unfortunately, it seemed luck was not on his side, as his mother entered the spa and immediately began chatting with the front desk manager about feet and nails while she waited for the woman to give her the pedicure. Alex's mother sat down in a chair and whispered to her son. She then placed him on her big toe, so no one would notice him in her hands if they somehow were able to identify his tiny form.

Though nearly invisible to the naked eye, Alex was able to see every imperfection in his mother's brown nail polish. He ran his hand over the nail and felt the smallest of bumps and ridges in it. The polish was chipped in many places, though no one other than him would be able to see this.

Alex's mother hadn't really thought ahead, though, as Alex would be right in the hot spot for her pedicure. Alex screamed and tried to get her attention, to get her to move him, but to no avail. His words fell on deaf ears, and any chance of her hearing him were snuffed out when she began walking and conversing with the woman who'd be painting her nails.

Though he was miles away, Alex was able to see almost every feature of the pedicurist. She was quite attractive, honestly. Long blonde hair flowed down to the small of her back and she had a cute face that could woo any man. All the features seemed to be in the right places. Her finger and toenails were both a matching red, and she wore an apron, jeans and sandals.

Alex's mother finally stopped walking and sat down in a seat that reclined backwards. Alex's stomach lurched as she did so and he felt sick to his stomach as he saw the pedicurist quickly approaching his mother's toenails.

The two titanesses conversed overhead, their booming words hurting Alex's ears.

"So, Sally. What'll it be today?" The pedicurist asked his mother as she looked up at her.

"I was thinking French, Zoe. I haven't had that in a while."

"I can do French," Zoe replied.

Zoe reached over and grabbed something that looked like a cotton ball. Alex wasn't familiar with the pedicure process, but he felt like Zoe was removing his mother's current nail polish. He was right. And she was starting on the exact toe Alex was on.

Alex screamed as the wet cotton ball came flying down at incredible speeds. He threw his hands up in a vain effort to protect himself. Had the material been anything different, the lake size ball would have likely killed him. Alex was stuck to the ball and was whisked into the air. He was face first into the cotton ball and saw a mixture of white and brown all around him.

Alex was lowered to his mother's toe a few more times, each time being incredibly lucky that he wasn't crushed from the force of colliding with her nail. Eventually Zoe went to swap out the cotton for a new ball when Alex lost his grip/stick and began falling.

Alex screamed as he thought to himself that this was the end. He'd been surround by enormous women for hours and the way he'd go out was by falling miles down to his death onto a table.

Misfortune had befallen Alex ever since he shrunk, but this seemed to be his one lucky moment. He did fall and land on something, but it wasn't the table. He in fact landed inside an enormous container filled with liquid. In the center of this container was an incredibly long bristly structure, and that's when Alex realized where he was. He was inside a bottle of nail polish.

All around him was clear liquid, presumably the stuff for his mother's French pedicure. In his initial fall he'd been completely drenched, but now he was only up to his waist in the liquid. He spent some time floating in the nail polish wondering what he should do when he heard a booming voice that actually didn't belong to his mother.

"Okay, your nails are clean, and the base coat is on. Now I can begin applying the polish. Your toes will look so nice when they're done!" Zoe boomed.

Suddenly the huge bristle in the middle began to move. It swept over and snatched Alex up, along with tons of the liquid.

Alex was stuck in the brush and completely covered in the nail polish. He struggled to breathe, as it covered his mouth and nose. He wiped them off and gasped for air before he began to scream as he rapidly approached his mother's big toenail.

He slammed into the hard nail forcefully. Immediately some of the liquid slipped off the brush and onto the nail. Alex slipped off too and lay flat on on his mother's toenail. Then the brush flew back and into the bottle again. Alex suddenly had a horrible realization: he was stuck in the polish on her nail.

Alex desperately thrashed about, trying to free himself from the polish before it was too late, but Zoe had already moved on to the next nail. He felt hopeless as he watched the titanic woman paint his mother's nails, completely oblivious to his situation.

"Okay, now I'll just paint the tips and... oh, wait, this nail could use a little extra polish," Zoe said.

Alex looked up hopefully. Zoe's enormous hand descends from above, accompanied by the brush. Alex closed his eyes and felt the bristles rub against his body, the clear polish being slathered in his body. This time, as Zoe lifted the brush up, Alex was picked up as well.

Alex sighed in relief but then realized he was headed straight back into the nail polish. If he ended up in there and the bottle was sealed off, he was done for. He had to act fast.

Alex managed to wriggle himself free from the jungle of bristles. He took a deep breath and jumped off at the lowest point where he thought he could safely land. He was extremely lucky and ended up on the rim of the bottle. He wanted to rest for a bit, but he turned around and saw Zoe's gigantic thumb coming right for him.

Ales screamed as the mass of flesh approached him. Zoe was just going to put the cap on the bottle, unaware of the near microscopic high schooler on the bottle. Her thumb whizzed through the air, headed directly for Alex.

Alex had no way of getting out of the path of Zoe's thumb except dropping, but that was at the very least a thousand foot drop that would result in his death. He prayed he would make it out alive.

Alex shouted as Zoe's thumb collided with him. He'd only been caught by the very edge of her thumb instead of the whole thing. Had the majority of her thumb hit Alex, he'd likely have been squished against the side of the bottle and been nothing more than a tiny red speck on Zoe's thumb. This luckily didn't happen.

The extreme heat of the day was affecting everyone that was normal sized, including Zoe. As a result, her hands and feet had started to sweat and become fairly hot. This resulted in Alex being stuck to her thumb; Alex would soon find out if this was good or bad. Zoe removed her thumb from the bottle, with the tiny Alex attached to it.

Zoe then reached for the bottle to paint the tips of Alex's mother's toes with her other hand. She undid the cap and dipped the brush in, then began painting the tips. She placed her hand on his mother's foot to give her a bit of support in painting.

Alex looked ahead in horror as he saw the mountain that was his mother's sole rapidly growing. He shook his head back and forth, trying to deny the fact that this was actually happening. He braced for impact but still was unprepared.

Alex flew straight into the eight mile long sole of his mother. The warm and soft yet flesh welcomed him as he collided at incredible speeds. His mother's sole was still fairly sweaty, and because of this Alex actually stuck to her sole like a sticker.

Alex had flown in face first, so he was currently experiencing a mouthful of foot. Tiny droplets of sweat ran down his mother's foot and into Alex's mouth. He wanted to spit and wipe his mouth clean, but he couldn't, for if he moved too much he might fall off her foot. He closed his mouth and forced himself to breathe through his nose. A side effect of this was that every time he breathed he experienced the overpowering aroma of his mother's sweaty and dirty foot. Though it was horrible, he preferred it to tasting her foot sweat.

The two titanesses above talked loudly about things Alex couldn't hear very well. He didn't care much for it either. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Zoe finished painting his mother's nails.

"Well, they're done. They look so cute on you!" Zoe thundered.

"You think so?" His mother asked. "Thanks for doing such a wonderful job!"

"You're very welcome. Anything for you, Sally. Say, would you like a quick little foot rub before you go?"

"That'd be lovely."

Zoe's enormous fingers lowered to Sally's foot. They began to dig into her soles and rubbed hard and passionately. High above, Alex's mother sighed with pleasure.

The massage was disruptive for Alex. Zoe's fingers moved his mother's feet around, causing him to lose his adherence. Alex began to fall and yelled, but he was luckily saved by Zoe's huge fingers. He landed right on one of her fingers and stuck tightly to it. He was thrown about as her fingers worked into his mother's soles. After a long time, Zoe pulled her hands back and finished the massage.

As Zoe lowered her hands to her pants, Alex flew off them and landed hard on the nearby table where all the polish was. He had flown fast, but hadn't been that high up when he did. He hurt all over, but it was better than being dead. He landed right next to the bottle of polish he been in.

Alex's mother leaned forward and wiggled her toes.

"Thank you again, Zoe," she said.

"Anytime," Zoe replied with a smile.

Alex's mother put on her sandals and started to leave but stopped herself. She walked back to the table where all the polish was and reached down. She picked up the bottle Alex was next to and accidentally grabbed her son as well.

"Hmm, I'll have to get this later," she mused, looking over the bottle.

She then set the bottle back down and began to walk away to pay. Alex was extremely lucky and managed to find a chip in his mother's nail polish that he could grab on to. He was able to keep his grip as his mother's hand descended and still held on as it rose back up.

Alex's mother looked down at her nails and saw Alex hanging on for dear life on the very edge of one of them. She gasped and put her other hand to her mouth before quickly lowering it to avoid suspicion. She then carried on like everything was normal, proceeded to pay and exited the salon.

"Alex! I almost lost you!" She boomed as soon as she left the salon. "You're so tiny and that's not even where I put you. You could have been stranded here! How'd you even get there, anyway?"

"It's a long story," Alex shouted up, not too eager to explain the whole thing.

His mother frowned a little and kept walking to the car. By this time it was pretty dark so they headed straight home. Alex enjoyed the ride and relaxed against his mother's toes after she placed him on her sandal again. He was tired and almost nodded off a few times but managed to stay awake.

Finally, after a day that seemed like an eternity, Alex and his mother arrived back at the house. His mother gave him a huge crumb (to him) from a sandwich of hers for dinner, which he gladly ate. She then carried him to the nightstand by her bed, unknowingly destroying a few cities underfoot on her way there. It was very late at this time, and Alex saw that Sarah was still where she'd been left, but this time asleep. Exhausted, Alex lay down near her and went to sleep. His titanic mother did the same in her massive bed. Alex wondered what the next days held in store as he dozed off. He sure had had enough feet for today, and he wasn't too eager to see any more anytime soon, though he knew that likely would be the case.I'm
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter will introduce a new character and a new area.