- Text Size +

The thunderous noise of hundreds of kids speaking at once hurt Alex's ears as Jessica entered the cafeteria. Jessica saw one of her friends at a table and walked over to her. As she sat down, the two began to talk. 

Jessica placed Alex down discreetly and snuck off the tiniest crumb from her sandwich she could manage, which still dwarfed him. Alex began to work on the huge hunk of bread in front of him as the two giants conversed above.

Alex was soon full, even though he'd barely made a mark in the crumb. He put his head in his hands and thought to himself. He had nothing better to do. He looked up at Jessica and her friend and marveled at how utterly enormous they were, even though he'd done it countless times before. Alex sighed and pondered the future. Was he really going to be stuck at this minute size for the rest of his life? He'd already gone a few days like this and he was already becoming used to the thunderous booms and struggles of everyday life. Sure, it had been terrifying at first and then kind of cool, but it was something he only wanted to experience for a bit.

Alex was shaken from his thoughts as he was violently shoved to his left. He screamed, but Jessica would never hear him over the hundreds of students conversing. Jessica had placed a napkin down on the table and moved her hand over to pick up her sandwich again. Unbeknownst to her, during this simple action her finger had accidentally "grazed" Alex's body. He was thrown many feet from the force of her finger. 

Alex slammed into something soft and cold, but he wasn't sure what it was. He grabbed his head and rubbed it a bit, trying to ease the pain of the collision a bit. He quickly looked around to try and identify his surroundings, but his vision was soon blocked by an enormous mass. Screaming, Alex dove out of the way of whatever it was. He luckily managed to avoid it but then was forced down onto his back because of gravity. Try as he may, Alex was just physically unable to get up. During this time, Alex figured out what was going on, and his stomach dropped.

He was laying flat on Jessica's sandwich, and it was in the air because she was about to take a bite. Her titanic face loomed in the distance, its size increasing by tenfold with each passing second as the sandwich neared her mouth. Alex was too terrified to even yell. He just lay there on the sandwich, totally helpless. Through all the trials and tribulations he'd been through in the past few days, the only time he'd been this scared was when his mother nearly stepped on him and her toes were inches, to him, away. This was just as terrifying, and Alex feared it might be even worse.

Jessica was completely oblivious to the entire situation unfolding below. She had felt Alex when she swept him onto her sandwich, but she had mistaken his body for part of the meal. She was looking at her friend, so she didn't see Alex on her sandwich. Even if she'd been looking, she wasn't expecting him to be on there, so she likely wouldn't have seen him anyway.

As Jessica's mouth grew even closer and larger, Alex had a sudden idea. If this didn't work, he'd be done for. 

Alex dug his hand into his pocket as fast as it would go, and he felt a bit of relief when he felt the frame of his phone in it. He desperately scrambled to pull it out of his pocket and and punch in his passcode. He made his way through menus and finally located Jessica's picture in his contacts. As he began to call her, everything began to darken...

A scream left Alex's mouth as he looked up from his phone at the roof of Jessica's mouth. In his attempt to call her he had failed to realize how close he was to her mouth, and now he was in it. A strong minty scent was in the air, likely a mint Jessica had taken earlier. Alex felt like it was the end.

What little light was left was gone when Jessica took her bite. Alex had luckily been far enough on the edge of the sandwich to avoid being crushed by her white teeth, but now she was chewing a lot, throwing food around as well as Alex. Alex slammed into her tongue, her teeth and the walls of her mouth. Food flew around too, but Alex was too frightened to be disgusted. Soon Alex was drenched in her saliva as Jessica continued to chew.

Alex, realizing Jessica would soon swallow her bite and end his life, remembered his phone. He looked in his hand, where he'd instinctively held onto it the whole time, and put in the passcode while being thrown about as Jessica chewed. Quickly he navigated to her contact and pressed call. Right after he was again thrown around and crashed into her teeth before being slung back onto her tongue.

Jessica had her phone out on the lunch table while she was eating so she could show her friend stuff on there occasionally. She heard it ringing and her heart skipped a beat as she looked down and noticed Alex was calling her. Immediately she stopped eating and looked down at the table. Her face drained of all color when she noticed Alex was nowhere to be found on the table where she'd left him. There was no way he could have gone far. She looked on the ground, thinking he may have fallen, but found nothing. Her stomach pained as she realized there was only one place he could be.

Alex thrashed violently about in Jessica's mouth as she got up and ran to the bathroom. Jessica's friend expressed concern and attempted to follow her, but Jessica shook her head as she ran in. There luckily was no one else in the bathroom, so Jessica was safe for a few moments. She ran up to a sink and began to spit violently into it, trying to get everything in her mouth out. A few bits of bread came out, but no Alex. In a desperate attempt, Jessica turned the faucet on and got a bit of water into her mouth before spitting out again.

Alex was washed up in a torrent of racing water and caught in it before being forcefully expelled out of Jessica's mouth. He saw large hunks of turkey come out as well and felt a bit grossed out. At the speed and height Alex fell from, he surely would have died if not for the very small pool of water in the sink.

The instant Jessica saw Alex fly out of her mouth she turned off the sink, fearing he would get washed down.She grabbed a paper towel and began to rub him over, trying to remove all the water, saliva and food from his body. 

"Oh my God, Alex! I'm so sorry!" She began to say quickly, trying to comfort him and apologize. Alex just sat there while Jessica cleaned him up, looking up from the sink at her massive form. "I'm sorry, Alex! Oh my God, I'm so clumsy!"

"It's-it's okay, really," Alex said quietly. Jessica probably couldn't hear him, what with his quiet words and her constant apologies.

After sufficiently rubbing him down, Jessica scooped up Alex into her hand. She continued to apologize as Alex sat there, smiling dumbly.

Jessica's friend barged into the bathroom, a worried look on her face.

"Jess, are you okay?" She asked concernedly.

"Yeah, Meg, I'm fine," Jessica replied nonchalantly, slowly putting the hand holding Alex behind her back. "I just got a bit of food stuck and had to get it out."

Jessica and Megan exited the bathroom and went back to their discussion. Jessica placed Alex down at the table and gave him an apologetic smile. Every few seconds Jessica would look down at Alex, making sure he hadn't gone anywhere. Alex smiled and was glad for her actions. He wanted to know she was careful, since she was pretty clumsy and he didn't really want a repeat of the situation.

A loud bell sounded out after a bit, followed by the sound of hundreds of kids getting up out of their seats. Alex was picked up by Jessica and the latter began walking. Jessica said goodbye to Megan and focused her attention on Alex.

"Last period," Jessica said. "Again, I'm really sorry about that! It must have been horrible for you. I need to pay better attention."

"It's fine," Alex lied. "It was an honest mistake. Maybe I shouldn't be so close to your food next time." Alex laughed. "What's last, again?"

"Gym," Jessica told him with another apologetic smile. Alex felt a bit frightened about the class. He'd rather lose credit for the class than be in danger. He smiled to himself and told him to stick with it, though: it was the last class of the day. After gym, he'd be done for the day.