- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone for 100+ reviews and over 100,000 reads! I never thought that a story based off of one quick scene idea I had would ever reach close to that number of views. Again, thanks everyone and I will try to finish up this story soon!


Jessica stood up, leaving Alex on the living room table. She walked into the hall and greeted her mom before they both returned to the living room. Jessica sat back down on the couch, while her mom sat on the other couch. Jessica's mom didn't notice Alex on the table as she walked by, her heels quieter on the carpet but still loud. Jessica's mother, like Jessica, had long blonde hair and a very well made frame. Though not as striking as her daughter, she was pretty in all senses of the word, with a curvy body and both large breasts and butt.

Jessica and her mother talked for a few minutes about everyday things like school before Jessica told her mom about Alex.

"Mom, I know you're a scientist and all, but you're probably not gonna believe this," Jessica laughed.

"What is it, sweetie?" Her mother replied, slightly readjusting herself on the couch.

"What would you say if I told you my friend was ok the table right there," she said, gesturing at the table where Alex was, "just really, really small?"

Jessica's mother let out a small laugh and stared at her daughter. When Jessica didn't say anything she became a bit more serious.

"Really?" She asked curiously, still skeptical. Jessica nodded and her mother looked at her for a few more seconds before getting up and walking over to the table. She got down on her knees and started inspecting the table.

Alex stood still, feeling slightly afraid at Jessica's mother's enormous face looking over him. Her face filled his entire vision, her green eyes scanning back and forth. They stopped for a few seconds before they dilated and her mother let out a small gasp.

"No way," she muttered under her breath as she got up and walked into the kitchen. She returned with a ruler in hand, the scientist in her taking initiative.

"You weren't lying, honey," Jessica's mom said to her daughter, not aware of her voice's volume. "How could this happen? This is truly astounding..."

"Shh, mom, be a bit quieter, please?" Jessica told her mom. "If you talk too loud it hurts his ears. Everything's magnified for him."

"Oh, yes, you're right. "Sorry, uh..."

"Alex."

"Alex."

Jessica's mother took the ruler and placed it upright on the table. The metallic measurement tool rose thousands of feet into the air, a menacing sight.

"Now, Alex," Jessica's mother began, "I'm going to get a little measurement so I can see just how small you are. Um, stand still so I can get the ruler in position."

Alex did as told, not wanting there to be an accident with the ruler. Jessica's mother moved the ruler into place, her manicured hands surprisingly nimble given the small margin of error allowed. One wrong movement and Alex could be paste. She placed the ruler right next to Alex and turned it right side up so that 0 was on bottom.

"Hmm," Jessica's mother said after a minute or so. "I can't get an accurate measurement. It seems he's just too small for the ruler to measure."

Jessica watched as her mother tried to get Alex's exact height. Alex stood still and watched her as well.

"Well, this ruler is too big to get the job done, and we don't have any smaller ones, do we, Jess?" Jessica's mother asked.

"Not that I know of," she replied.

"Well, I have an idea, but it could be dangerous. Jess, would you help me?"

"Yeah, sure mom. What do you need?"

"I need you to, uh, very carefully, place your feet on the table."

Jessica hesitantly and slowly placed her feet on the table. She put her heels down so that her feet pointed straight up, miles into the sky. Though she tried her best to be gentle, her feet slammed forcefully into the table, knocking Alex over.

"Oh, Alex, I'm sorry!" Jessica said, cringing a bit. "Are you alright?"

"I'm good," Alex replied, getting back to his feet.

Meanwhile, Jessica's mom took the ruler and measured her daughter's foot.

"9 1/2. Like I thought," she stated. "Now, uh, Alex, may I pick you up for a moment? Or have Jess do it?"

"You can pick me up; it's fine with me, Mrs. Monroe,"Alex answered, hoping she could hear him. "I'm used to it by now."

"That's good! Now, just hold still..."

Jessica's mother leaned in to scoop Alex up onto her finger. A long finger, complete with a French manicure on a fingernail that extended a good length beyond the finger, slid underneath Alex and lifted him into the air. Alex held tight onto one of the ridges in her fingerprint, hoping it would be enough to prevent him from falling off.

Jessica's mom was very careful in her movements and safely got Alex to the destination, which happened to be right at the base of Jessica's foot.
Jessica was watching the whole thing, trying to prevent her foot from unconsciously twitching or anything like that.

Jessica's mother dropped Alex off and pulled her finger away. Alex looked up at Jessica's dirty sole which towered miles above him. It was like looking up at the Washington Monument stacked on top of each 100 times. Her foot curved slightly, and specks of dirt bigger than him littered her sole. Gym's effects were still being felt, and a slight sweaty smell emmated from her foot. Her toes twitched slightly, the mountainous digits moving back and forth for a short moment.

"Hmm..." Jessica's mother said, looking closely at Alex and her daughter's foot. Both high school students watched as Jessica's mother's scientific mind raced, working hard on some calculations.

After a minute or so she stood up a let out a breath.

"Well, if my calculations are correct, which they may not be because they are a bit rough and approximated, then Alex is currently around a thousandth of an inch tall," she said as she walked into the kitchen.

This wasn't news to Alex, as he had already figured this out himself. Jessica, though, didn't know that he was that small and sat on the couch, awed. She pulled her feet off the table and stuck them back underneath her butt on the couch.

"Wow... a thousandth of an inch?" She said in amazement. "I can't believe anything can be that small."

The table shook slightly as Jessica's mother's heels slammed loudly into the floor. It seemed as if she was reading Alex's mind, because she soon slipped her feet out of her heels, kicking them aside into the carpeted living room.

Jessica's mother's feet slapped against the cold kitchen tile, her feet sticking to the floor for a split second due to a slight build up of sweat. Light flooded in through an open window, reflecting off the dark blue surface of her toenails. She opened the fridge and got a bottle of water before returning to the living room. Her large feet shook the ground and the table as she walked to the couch. She sat in a similar fashion as her daughter, with her feet beneath her.

"This really is remarkable," she said, taking a sip from her water. "I've never seen anything quite like this in all my years. It's astonishing your body is able to support itself at such an incredibly tiny size. Wow... Okay. Alex, did you know I am a chemist?"

"No, Mrs. Monroe," Alex replied.

"Well, I work on mixtures and conpositions and what not. I've created quite a few compounds that have seen a fair deal of use. I'm not trying to brag here, but I'm very knowledgeable in what I do and I think I might be able to help you out. You do want to grow back go normal size, yes?"

"Oh, yes, Mrs. Monroe, I'd love that! I'd love to be regular again."

"Good! Now, I have a few questions for you first. To start, are you the only one that you know of that is in your... current condition as well? Or has someone else shrunk, too?"

"Er..." Alex began. He started to think. He hadn't told Jessica yet about the cities, nor her mother. They had to know at some point, and he pondered on the best way to tell them, but he concluded that his best option would to tell them outright.

"No."

"Really?" Jessica's mother's eyebrows arched up a little. "Who else shrunk with you?"

"Well, uh... a lot of people. And they all shrunk in my house as well. Hoo... I don't know how else to put this, but there are dozens of tiny cities all shrunk and scattered about my house."

Jessica's mother looked over at her daughter, both casting surprised and worried glances at each other. This was news to the both of them.

"Really?" Jessica asked Alex, her eyes wide with distress.

"Really," Alex answered sadly.

"Hmm..." Jessica's mother began. "Well, I've never heard or seen anything like this before. This is amazing and yet at the same time terrifying. Those cities must be in such peril right now! Are they all on the same scale as you?"

"Yes," Alex replied. "All the people are the same size as me. And yes, they're in deep trouble. My mom didn't even know about them till a little while ago, and even so she still can't really comprehend the fact that they're real. She treats them like they're toys and just... messes around with them. It's awful."

"I would imagine so... that must be so terrible for those people. I can only imagine what they're seeing and feeling. Well, although that is tragic, it does help me get a good idea of how much of this concoction I'll need to make."

Jessica's mother took another sip from her water and propped her feet up on the far side of the table, away from Alex and with a powerful boom. Her wrinkled soles seemed even larger than her daughter's, and Alex knew that Jessica already had large feet. She subconsciously wiggled her toes as she sat, deep in thought.

"Okay, Alex, I'll need your assistance in making this 'cure' of sorts," she told him. "Don't worry, I'll do all the main work, I'll just need your help in collecting research so I can make a more accurate mixture. Would you be so kind as to help me? We can begin in a bit if you'd like."

Alex nodded and sat down on the table, looking through the glass at the white carpeted floor thousands of feet below. For the first time since he'd shrank, Alex was feeling a bit hopeful for the future.