- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Check out my other story! http://www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=5800
Alex felt the air rush quickly past him as he was raised up into the air. He stumbled over from the speed he was traveling into the air. He still found it remarkable that his colossus of a mother was able to spot their minuscule forms on the floor. They just have been barely visible.

Finally their ascent stopped.

"Hold on tight honey! It might get a bit rough!" Alex's mother boomed.

Suddenly, Alex and Sarah fell onto their sides. They were sliding down the hundreds of feet long nail. Sarah was screaming, and Alex followed suit. At the bottom of the nail that stretched on and on was a fingertip of his mother's. This calmed him but he was still terrified for his life. At this size, everything was magnified. Sure, her fingertip might be soft, but relative to their size, it was much harder. That, coupled with the speed they were going, meant that he and Sarah were in for a hard landing.

Alex laid his hands back on his mother's nail, trying to create friction to slow his fall. It served him no use. Even at the speed they were going, his mother's nail was so huge that the descent took longer than expected. Eventually, Alex saw his mother's fingertip approaching rapidly. He braced for impact and they collided with her fingertip. It was a tough landing, and it did hurt, but it didn't seem like anything was injured too badly.

"Sorry, sweetie!" His mother said.

"It's fine," Alex groaned. Then he realized the phone was no longer in his hand. His heart skipped a beat as he looked around on the desert like surface of his mother's fingertip. He spotted the phone lying a couple dozen feet away, and he calmed a bit.

Sarah's brown hair was in a mess now. Even in a time like this, she still reached up and tried to do something to fix it.

"Alex!"

Alex's ears hurt from the unbelievably loud voice. He scratched his neck. He ached all over. His legs were tired from all the running. His beck was tired from all the looking up. His back was tired from supporting him all day. And his head hurt from still trying to comprehend the incredulous situation he was in. How monolithicly huge his mother was, how utterly tiny he was and how many innocent people his mother must have killed, all unknowingly.

"Alex, what is going on?" She asked.

He sighed and looked over at Sarah, hoping she would explain. She was looking at him, hoping the same he was. He looked back to his mother. She had her fingertip extended out, and she looked over them with an enormous eye. He couldn't even see the whole thing, even though she had them fairly far away from it. The green iris stared intently at him, waiting for an answer. The eye closed quickly, and a gust of wind passed over him, blowing his hair back momentarily. Again, he was in awe of how such simple motions to her were so different to him.

Alex began to explain the whole story.

"I don't know how it happened. I was just in a restaurant ordering my food when there was the bright flash of light outside. You saw it, right?"

"No, actually," his mother replied. "What is going on? This is crazy."

"I agree. Anyway, I went outside to see what was happening, just like everyone else did. Then the light got even brighter and I couldn't look at it. As I was looking at others, they started to fall unconscious, and eventually I did too.

"Then after some time, I woke back up. The first thing I noticed was the sky. It was actually the ceiling, I just didn't know at the time. I thought it was weird but I didn't think much of it. Others were waking up, so I looked over and saw Sarah."

"Sarah? Is that your girlfriend?" His mother teased.

Alex turned red and looked over at Sarah. She blushed and looked away, and Alex couldn't help but smile.

"Uh... I don't think so," he laughed. "So then we got up and started exploring. After a bit we heard these loud booms and we wondered what they were. Then we saw your feet and I looked up and saw it was you. I was shocked, frightened and a whole bunch of other emotions too."

"Wait... So the whole city shrunk with you, too?" His mother asked.

Alex gulped. He wasn't sure how to tell his mother about all the cities she crushed and innocent people she'd killer. But he knew she needed to know eventually, and it was better now than later. Maybe it would she more.

"Well... Yes. The city did shrink. I don't know what happened. Could you check the window and look at the city?" He asked.

His mother thundered over to the window, and the three looked out. The city was there and looked surprisingly normal.

"That's... odd," was all Alex could manage. This was really weird.

"You're pulling my leg, aren't you?" His mother asked.

"No, you're much too big for that," Alex joked. But in all seriousness, the city did shrink. I swear. Sarah will tell you the same. And.. it's not the only city that shrunk."

"What do you mean?" She questioned.

"I mean there are other cities that shrunk. Or didn't shrink. I don't know. Point is, there are hundreds of tiny cities all over the floor."

Alex's mother gasped. She looked down at her toes. Sure enough, a micro city was right there. Alex's mother set Alex and Sarah down on the ground on the outskirts of the city while she readjusted herself to get a better view. She was on all fours and put her face over the city.

The citizens of the small city were terrified. Alex's mother's green eye loomed overhead. Her huge face filled the whole sky.

"I don't believe this!" His mother exclaimed incredulously. "It's so small! How could this even happen?"

She must have been in another state of mind, for she thought it would be fun to toy with the city, see if it really was real. She lowered a titanic finger onto one of the buildings. Her red fingernails pierced the building and cut it in half. The building creaked and fell to the ground, the force and debris killing many people.

"Mom, stop!" Alex shouted. "You're hurting people!"

But his mother paid no attention. She was enthralled by her actions. She stretched her hand out. It dwarfed the city. She slammed her palm down on the city, crushing it instantly.

Alex's voice cracked. "Mom, stop!"

"Sorry honey," his mother said. "I just couldn't believe it was real! I had to test for myself."

She scooped Alex and Sarah back up into her nail and carried them off. She stomped away, likely crushing thousands in her path. Alex thought now was the time to tell her about what she had done.

"Mom, you can't do that!" He exclaimed. "You just killed thousands of people! And you've been stomping around all day, crushing countless of other cities!"

His mother seemed unperturbed. "Honey, those cities can't be real. You saw outside. The city was right there. These aren't real. Holograms or something..."

Alex was shocked at how she didn't care about her mass killings. "How can you do this?! You're being so gentle with us but you're destroying entire cities!"

"Of course I'd be gentle with you. You're my son. You're so tiny that I have to protect you. And besides, these hologram cities or whatever they are are in my home. And I don't recall inviting them in..."

Alex's mom stomped into her room. She laid Alex and Sarah on the ground, by one of her sandals.

"Now, you two stay put," she boomed. She walked out of the room, unknowingly crushing another city under her foot by the door.

The smell of feet was almost overwhelming. His mother's sandal towered over a mile into the sky. He recognized the shoe. They were his mother's favorite. They were simple black sandals but she wore them almost everywhere.

Sarah turned to him. "Your mother doesn't even care about all the destruction she's causing! We can't even reason with her!"

"You're right," Alex agreed. "It's not like her. She was always kind and gentle when I was a kid. I mean, she still is, but only to us."

The sound of footsteps ended their conversation. His mother entered the room again, carrying something in her hand.

"Look what I got you!" She exclaimed.

She held a tiny city in her hand. She laid it down on the ground by her sandal, near where Alex and Sarah were.

"You can live there until we find a way to get you back to normal," she said.

The city was partially destroyed. She had found the city laying in the ground and picked it up. Her enormous fingers had cut down a few buildings ash she picked it up.

Alex and Sarah entered their new "home." It looked just like all the other cities they'd ran through. Alex's mother watched them intently. She laid down on the floor and kicked her feet up in the air. She rested her head on her arms and watched Alex and Sarah exploring.

"I just find it so interesting, you know?" She thundered. Some buildings shook from the force of her voice. "Watching you guys live your tiny little lives. It's mesmerizing."

Alex's mother repositioned herself, this time with her feet where her head had been. She grabbed her knees.

"Hmm..." She said. "You know, you guys are really, really, really small. But you're not totally useless. My feet hurt a lot. I've been cleaning and walking on them all day. And, ugh! I have to go shopping later. You guys wouldn't mind giving me a quick little foot massage, would you?"

The whole city resented having to massage her feet, but they had no choice if they wanted to live. The smell of her feet was overpowering. It was all in the air, impossible to escape. Alex and Sarah followed the others to his mother's colossal feet. She had her soles facing up into the sky. The 8 mile soles seemed to stretch on forever. And they thought her toes were tall...

He tried to run her soles but she was too huge. He had to rub the bottom of her heel. This was not something he would have ever imagined himself doing. Rubbing his mother's feet while less than a millimeter tall. Her heel was soft but firm at the same time. There were small bits of dirt all over her feet. He didn't particularly like the experience, but he didn't dislike it, either.

"Okay, that's enough," his mother boomed suddenly. "I can't feel you guys at all, so what's the point? Besides, I have to go shopping now anyway."

His mother stood up to her full height, crushing a few unfortunate people who didn't move in time. She turned to Alex and Sarah.

"I want you two to stay put," she said. "I need to know where you are and I can't let you get lost. It would be so hard for me to find you again!"

His mother stuck her feet in her favorite sandals. Alex was fascinated at the movement. She slid her mountain of a foot into the sandal so gracefully. She thundered off, her sandals flipping against her heel with every step.

"Bye! Stay safe!" She shouted back to Alex and Sarah, and closed the door.