- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A woman shrinks herself to spy on her neighbor.

She had shrunken to spy on her neighbor. The plan was simple, use the shrink ray she had recently ordered to reduce herself in size at the woman's doorstep and then enter the house whenever she arrived at her house from work and follow her for the day and whenever the woman left the next morning so would Julia. So now she was standing at the doorstep five minutes before her neighbor was due to arrive and the heat of the day was so intense that she was sweating and nearly delirious.


Her neighbor arrived right on time and exited her car then came to the door. Julia stood to her feet excitedly and watched as her neighbor came closer. Her massive form shook Julia's world as if it were a dominating force. She opened the door and entered her house, and Julia was ready to run in as quickly as possible and enter with her. As the sandaled feet of her neighbor soared overhead Julia dashed through the doorway and immediately slipped on the floor beneath her. Before the door closed she rolled away to the corner of the entrance of the house.


As soon as her neighbor had entered she removed her sandals and left them by the door. She walked onto the carpet and left to enter her kitchen. Julia was still sitting by the door.


So Julia walked all of the way to the kitchen and looked around herself. It was square in shape and integrated with the living room with a column at the corner from which two lengths of cabinets came from. In the other corner were the cupboards that hung from the roof and below that was a table and the sink along the wall that a window was onto. Her neighbor stood in the corner of the tables that contained the sink drinking water from a glass.


Although her real intention was to experience a large portion of her neighbors body at once Julia surmised that now would be the best time to interact with her feet as she had just come home from work on a hot day and so they were likely tired and weak from use. She ran from the entrance toward her neighbor's feet and stopped once she had reached the front of them.


She didn't want to touch them, only observe them, as contact could result in her being caught and Julia was worried of what would happen then. She looked at them closely and observed their dampness, and for a moment she was highly interested. However against her expectations her neighbor began to walk exactly in her direction which is something Julia had not planned for. As she was within the reach of a footstep she was immediately buried under her neighbors foot. The enormous mass of flesh pinned her to the floor and left her spitting the sweat from her mouth.


Her neighbor felt this. She lifted her foot up and looked onto the bottom of it, and Julia was stuck to the fleshy area of it. At first she thought her a bug but Julia's red shirt and blue jeans as well as her continued movement seemed to set her off so she peeled it from her foot and brought it to her face and looked at it. She was appalled to see that it was her neighbor Julia so she spoke to it.


"Julia, is that you? Oh my God, I can tell that it's you, what happened? Did you shrink yourself?"


Wearily, Julia lifted her head to meet her neighbors eyes but she had nothing to say. For a second she attempted to formulate a story and her neighbor asked if she was alive and then Julia said, "I'm okay, I'm fine, someone came into my house and shrunk me so I came to find you for help."


"Look, I'm going to call an ambulance and get you to the hospital so they can make you big again, just wait here on my counter."


Her neighbor set her down and took her phone that hung on the wall off of its hook and called for help. Julia sat and felt good that she had been spared of her neighbors anger and figured that she could attempt this same plan with another person. She knew of a coworker that seemed fine.


Eventually her neighbor beckoned for Julia to climb back into her hand so she did and then she brought Julia into her room and laid on her bed and put Julia on the peak of her left breast and looked at her and began to speak.


"Julia, I'm so sorry that I stepped on you, were you trying to climb me or something? And you could have died, oh my God, I'm so glad that you're okay. I'm sorry."


"It's okay, I'm just happy that you found me and... and I'm going to get help, yeah?"


Her neighbor smiled and said that she was going to pick Julia up again and when she did she plucked at the back of Julia's shirt and accidentally the shirt ripped off and from its front pocket came the shrink ray Julia had used to shrink herself and it tumbled into the canyon between her neighbor's breasts and settled in the area between her collar bones. She apologized and picked it up to give it back to Julia but first she noticed what it was.


"This... this is a shrink ray? Why didn't you just use this to make yourself big again?"


"Oh, uh, I... I..."


"You weren't shrunk randomly were you? That story wasn't true, was it?"


"Look, Kim, let me explain myself..."


"Forget it, whatever, just shut up."


Her neighbor stood up from her bed in silence and walked back to her kitchen and placed Julia onto the tile floor without a word. She looked down at Julia and Julia looked back up to her in fear. Eventually it appeared that her neighbor had come to a conclusion and she bit the inside of her cheek and then spoke again.


"I think I should do what I was supposed to do earlier."


And so she lifted her foot and before Julia could run she placed it onto her and after providing enough pressure Julia's body collapsed and popped into a mess beneath her foot. She took a tissue from a box within one of her cabinets and wiped her foot clean and wrapped the sludge that Julia's body had become within it and disposed of it then used a sterile wipe to clean her floor. Whenever the ambulance arrived she explained that a friend had gotten the phone from her and called as a prank and she had kicked them out in response.