- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Welcome back everyone :D

I finished the chapter sooner then i had imagined. It took up most of my labor day weekend... but it was worth it :D

This chapter, was by far one of the hardest to write in this story, and i hope you all understand why come the end of it.

Enjoy.

Their all the same in the end… bugs.”

 

“Nothing has change… nothing will ever change… especially me.”

 

“They lied to me… made me false promises… took away my freedom… Now I’ll do the same to them…”

 

Lily sat in the back of her car as a man dressed in a suit drove down the road leading up to her estate, her mind constantly churning as she tried to figure things out. Twitching every so often she finally sighed before looked down at the pocket Claire resided in.

‘Why didn’t I kill you…’ It was a simple thought… an easier action… but, she couldn’t answer it. ‘A bug. Just a bug… What possible reason could you have to live?’ She didn’t need her… and she knew for a fact the twins didn’t either. So why was she even here…

‘A test… perhaps. But to test me how, and in such an elaborate way… why?’  Moving her hand up to her temple, she rubbed the bridge of her nose closely as she thought it over even more. But each way she looked at it, there always seemed to be pieces missing to her theories.

‘I kept her alive… because I’m, curious?’ Nodding slowly, her expression soared at that realization. Why was she curious about her? She was an adult… there shouldn’t be any curiosity. Tapping her lap softly, she sighed once more.

‘I kept her alive… because she’s defied all odds in front of her… and that interests me somehow.’ Nodding again, she soon grit her teeth. She hated when her mind did things when she didn’t want her to. But she knew in the end, her logic was never wrong…

This was becoming tedious. She should have just crushed the tiny the moment Sophia deposited her into her hand. Feeling her hand twitch, she began moving it to her pocket intent on finished what she started before something in her mind flashed by stopping her. Reaching for her own wrist, she pulled it back before closing her eyes.

‘L-Lily… please, please keep her safe… w-we beg you.’ Clenching her fist angrily she moved her hands back to her lap before closing her eyes patiently. She didn’t have time, her precious time, to waste on this trivial matter. No, she’d set it aside, put a pin in it… figure out the meaning of this at a later time. Now she had much more pressing matters to attend to regrettably.

As the car stopped, Lily waited patiently for her door to open. Standing on the other side, the suited man did just that as he pulled open the door to the black Daimler Limousine before waiting for the younger girl to leave the vehicle.

Jumping out, she walked past him, not even sparing a glance as she looked up at her home with distain. The house was very regal in appearance, almost like some type of mansion if you had to choose a word such as that to describe it.

Standing in all three stories’, the building had an 18th century French architecture to it. The walls were carved inward with traced patterns of all shapes and designs on it. The building itself seemed to be in perfect condition however, like not a day had gone by since it was first constructed. To any tourist it was quite possible they would mistake the building entirely as that of a church or cathedral instead of a house. It was a work of art.

As Lily stepped up the last set of winding steps she soon stood in front of her door before it opened for her. “Ahh, young Mistress, welcome home. Can I get you something to drink? Tea or-“A man clad in a dress suit began before Lily strut right past him not even giving him the time of day to his questions.

Shutting the door behind him, he scowled before standing very still to await further duties. Stepping into the main hall of her home, the raven haired child looked around bitterly before standing in front of a large set of curved stairs leading to the next level of the building.

Tapping her foot slowly, she breathed deeply as she tried to relax. After a few minutes another man dressed as a butler stepped forward with something in hand before he descended towards her. “You’ll have to excuse your Father. The Master is currently in a phone conference and couldn’t give you your duties today. Here is the afternoon list. You are to have them completed by 5:00 pm and save time before evening for supper. Tonight’s dish will be soupe de poisson, followed after by strawberry napoleons with mandarin sabayon. Afterwards your night list will be written up and delivered by your Father.”

Not even looking downwards the man finished quietly before lowering the paper for her. Snatching it quickly, Lily glared up at him before walking past and up the stairs. “Oh and young Mistress Elizabeth, do make sure you finish, all things on the list this time. You wouldn’t want to burden your Father with your, mediocrity… again.”

Clenching her fists painfully tight, Lily twitched before she continued up the stairs. Storming down the hall as she passed people left and right, they all gave her a wide berth as they stared down at her with distain.

As she approached the last door in the long corridor, she quickly entered before slamming it behind her. “Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, siz, sept, huit, neuf… dix.” She counted out as she took a deep breathe. Rolling her neck around she began to smile before looking down at the paper.

Scanning its contents back and forth she bit her lip as she whispered every once and awhile to herself. Nodding, she moved into her room before setting the paper down on her desk. As she was about to sit down however her eyes soon moved to her pocket.

‘Leave her be… focus…’ Gritting her teeth she nodded before reaching in. As Claire was suddenly gripped she struggled in surprise having been trapped in the dark for the past half an hour before blinking away the light as she entered the new environment.

“I will only say this once so you don’t have to think too hard and hurt yourself. Sit down, say nothing, and be quite while I do my activities.” Glancing back to Lily, Claire’s brow furrowed in confusion but it seemed she didn’t care as the girl dropped her on the desk and sat back quietly.

Rubbing her sides, the brunette scowled before looking around and taking in the scenery. ‘T-T-This is h-her room?!’ It was massive! Much like the twins, only twice as lush, the large bedroom was adorned in varies decors giving it an overall Elizabethan style to it.

The furniture was all handmade. The bed was easily a king with carved features and canopy coverings. The carpet of the room had a lush design into it with etched words as well she couldn’t read along with portraits left and right of many, many different people she couldn’t even begin to guess.

All and all, this looked more like some type of museum reenactment of some king or queen’s chambers then a child’s room. ‘And I thought the twins were extravagant. This is ridicules…’ Lily’s eyes traveled to the shrunken girl before she scowled.

Tugging on a drawer of her desk, she pulled out a piece of parchment along with an inkwell and pen before setting them down across from her. Closing her eyes, she thought over what she had to write before pulling the pen back and beginning.

As Claire’s eyes soon finished with the room she glanced back to Lily confused as she watched her. Observing quietly, Claire’s jaw soon hung open as she observed the girl writing… writing something. It wasn’t the contents that shocked her it was how well she was writing in the first place!

‘I-I-Is that calligraphy?!’ It… It was beautiful. Watching in amazement as she stroked her pen over the paper, pausing ever so often only to wet the quill, Lily soon began to twitch before pausing to set down her pen. Looking over at Claire darkly, the shrunken girl flinched unsure of what it was that had stopped her.

Moving her hand over towards her, Claire had little time to think before crying out in pain as Lily’s finger impacted with her stomach sending her flying a few feet away. “I said to be quite while I work, that means your thoughts to!”

Groaning, the brunette’s arms cradled her abdomen as she looked up at the child both in shock and fear. “M-M-My thoughts…” Drumming her fingers impatiently, Lily moved her hand forward, causing the smaller girl to scamper back in fear, however it was short lived as she soon realized she was reaching for the paper next to her instead.

“You’re thinking too loudly, stop. I can’t concentrate with you ogling my writing. It’s basic, subpar, and needs work. Don’t act so impressed with this garbage.” She spat quietly before reaching for her letter. Crumpling up the paper, she moved back to her drawer before pulling out a new one.

Setting down the list in front of her, Lily took another deep breathe before going back to her work. As Claire continued to watch, she made sure not to say a word, hell if she could she wouldn’t have even breathed. She didn’t know what would set Lily off… and she’d rather not find out.

‘I-I-I’m thinking to loud…?’ It was safe to say she did in fact have Alexis’s mental acuity… and if everything Sophia said was true… she could us her abilities as well. It was terrifying… Watching Lily carefully, Claire soon frowned as she saw her features.

It seemed like she was utterly devoted to her work… but still unhappy with the outcome. Crumpling the paper once more, the raven haired girl growled angrily before slamming yet another paper in front of her and going at it once again. Choosing to avert her eyes, less she make the same mistake as before, Claire soon looked at the laminated parchment in front of her, her expression draining with every word she read.

Duties of Friday, September the 2nd:

Practice with penmanship, course of two thousand words a piece.

Practice with lingual skills, avec  français, Latin, et anglais.

Practice of modus operandi, to stay in progress until the evening.

Practice of arts in the form of Arc de Triomphe, all architecture included.

Practice of strings, via Piano. To be performed, in cannon of D - “Moonlight Sonata”

Bathe by 4:00, tidy by 4:15, and attend to pleasantries from 4:30 to 4:45.

 

Gawking in silence, Claire’s eyes read over the words once again before shaking her head in shock. ‘S-S-She has to do all this… in three hours?’ It was actually less time than that now that she thought about it. They left the Daycare at 2:30. With how long the trip had been, it was probably closer to 3:00 at least. There was no way she could finish all this in an hour!

Who put their child through something this rigorous? Hearing a dark chuckle, Claire shivered involuntarily as her eyes moved back to the raven haired girl. “To someone as single minded as you, this is impossible. To someone who’s as composed as I am, this is just an obstacle to overcome.” She grinned viciously as she lifted up the paper she had written on.

Showing it to Claire, the shrunken girl had to blink twice as she read over the paper. ‘W-Wow…’ It… It looked perfect. The writing on it… it was like something you’d only find printed off the internet, not something somebody could actually write.

Smirking, Lily set the paper down before standing back up. “You will find that I am in fact perfect, as the twins made so perfectly clear. Nothing, is beyond me.” She hissed silently, causing the smaller girl to shiver. Just how much of their conversation had she glimpsed?!

Standing up, Lily coughed into her hand quietly as she cleared her throat. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath before speaking. “Je suis ce que je suis , et si je suis ce que je suis, ce que je suis ? Je suis tout, et tout est ce que je suis . car je suis , ce que je suis, et tout ce que je suis est ce que je suis .”

Furrowing her brow, Claire listened closely before shaking her head. That was French, but there was no way she could tell what she was saying. After repeating the phrase a few times forward… and possibly backwards? Her tone shifted causing the shrunken worker to gawk in silence once again.

“Sit unum amo . Sed omne quod est , non potest , nam ego sum r03;r03;. Et omnes adversantes omnia perdet illos omnibus . Ego enim sum omnia .” Shaking her head, Claire flopped down in amazement. ‘I-I-Is she really speaking Latin?’ Lily was special with what the twins did to her, but just how talented could she be?!

This was bordering on ludicrous. As she continued for five more minutes, her brow furrowed before she sighed. “Work on vowel use with noun association…” She mumbled to herself before scrunching her eyes tighter.

“And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England’s mountains green and was the holy Lamb of God on England’s pleasant pastures seen? To all who see, and less of known, could be forever seen and known by all? With strength of will, less of body, more of mind, short of sight, be the basis that causes knowledge to flourish but will to shatter~”

Pausing, Lily nodded before opened her eyes, her body stiffening as she saw the smaller girls frozen form. “W-W-What are you staring at!” She snapped angrily before Claire shook her head. “L-L-Lily… that, that was beautiful… what was it?”

Scoffing, the larger girl flicked her hair before glaring down at her. “It’s quoted English. I’m currently fluent, yet father insists I continue with training. As a member of the Delacroix family, it is my duty to be above the rest… that includes bugs like you.” She whispered bitterly before turning away.

‘She must think high of her family. Weird that I’ve never heard of them before if there that well known…’ Freezing, Claire looked up petrified as she realized her thoughts were no longer private. Twitching, Lily turned around before glaring hatefully at her.

“I wouldn’t expect trash like you to know of my name! I am a Delacroix, one of the royal families of France, and such I shouldn’t even have to explain this to a commoner.” Turning back around, she missed the smaller girl shaking her head.

Was this really the way she acted all the time? ‘She honestly see’s everyone less than her…’ Why did the twins even talk to her if this was what they saw…? Moving across the room, Lily stepped behind a small folding screen door and out of sight causing the smaller girl to shiver.

What was she doing now? Her question was soon answered as her black dress was tossed over the top of it. Propping her arm up for her chin, the brunette looked at the shadowy outline of Lily as her thoughts took over.

This wasn’t how she expected her trip to be… Lily (thankfully) hadn’t even tried to hurt her yet. She was afraid for her life the moment she was put in the younger girls pocket… but now it was like she barely even noticed her.

‘Not to mention that weird list… why does her family make her do all that? And… and is this a daily thing?’ Learning foreign and dead languages… writing on a scholar’s level… she also saw something about art and music to. It was like her parents were trying to turn her into some kind of…

“Trophy…” Shuddering, Claire looked across to Lily in sadness now. This reminded her hauntingly of Kai, although, quite the opposite sides were taken with each girl. Lily was actually doing everything they were making her do…

If Kai did this to… would she have wound up like Lily? Shaking her head, the brunette sighed. That was a sad train of thought to go down. Deciding to focus on anything else her mind soon moved to the twins before a small smile made its way to her lips.

‘I wonder what they’re doing right now…’ Probably worrying about her… Clenching her fist, she closed her eyes and breathed deeply. ‘I-I-I’ll get through this… and you’ll come back to them. You’ve got to believe this Claire.’

Hearing a loud scoff, the smaller girl eeped in surprise as Lily stood over her. “I wouldn’t hold your breathe. It’s by my good graces I didn’t squish you when Sophia gave you to me… a mistake, in the end. Your time will come, just be patient.” She whispered darkly before twirling around in front of Claire.

“Make yourself useful and tell me how this looks.” Panting softly as her heart continued to pound out of her chest, Claire looked up at Lily before her mouth grew dry. ‘W-W-Wow… I-Its beautiful…’ Standing in a long maroon dress, fit more for an adult, yet crafted to her size, Lily smirked as she rested her hands on her hips.

“Perhaps asking a perverted bug was a mistake. I could wear dirt and you’d still worship me. Oh well, this does seem decent enough for now so I’m sure Father will approve.” She smiled triumphantly before strutting past an angry Claire.

“I’m not a pervert! God, why do all of you keep calling me that!” Cupping her mouth, the brunette lowered her head as Lily grinned viciously at her. “I’ve seen your filthy thoughts. What you’ve done to the twins. What the others think and have used you for. You’re a toy. A simple toy meant to be used and discarded. You are however right. A pervert is a perverted person… you are nothing~.”

Shuddering, Claire cupped her mouth quietly as she felt her tears attempting to escape. That hurt… hurt her more than she expected words to… Clenching her fists, she opted for anger instead of sadness however as she stood her ground… metaphorically.

“I… am a person. I am, not a pervert. I am someone. I am not a toy. And my name is Claire, not bug!” Stopping mid step, Lily twitched as her eyes darkened. “Say, that you’re a bug…” Shaking her head, Claire soon paled as Lily’s undivided attention was suddenly thrusted onto her as she stomped over to her in her red sandaled shoes.

“I, said, say it!” She hissed as her hands clenched onto the wooden frame of the table in front of her. Whimpering, Claire shook her head. The minute she ever admitted this… she knew Lily would simply kill her. She had to prove to her that she was wrong.

Gritting her teeth, Lily’s hand rose above Claire threateningly as she balled it into a fist. “Say, you are a bug, and I won’t kill you…” Feeling her body shake from her head to her toes, Claire tried to look brave even though she knew she was completely terrified of what was about to happen.

“I… I-I’m a person…” Screaming, Lily’s fist slammed down… next to her. Falling on her ass, Claire’s eyes beaded as she saw the child’s hand resting just inches away. “So you don’t fear death, big deal. I know what you do fear though…” She whispered darkly before stomping away from the smaller girl.

Moving across the room towards a small seater chest at the foot of her bed, Lily propped it open before reaching in. Shutting it quietly, her expression turned dark as she smiled… evilly… Strutting back over, Lily’s hand rose as she held something between her thumb and index finger for Claire to see.

“Tell me, what are you now?” Gritting her teeth, Claire growled angrily as she saw a small man struggling vainly between the child’s finger tips. ‘So she has her own as well.’ That wasn’t much of a surprise but that made her wonder now… what did she do with them…

Staring at the agonizing face the man made as Lily pinched him tighter, Claire sighed. “I’m… a person!” Narrowing her eyes, Lily moved the man in front of the brunette before forcing his head down onto the wooden table.

“You’re so prideful you’ll actually let another person die because you can’t say what you really are? Aren’t you the goodie little two shoes the twins so actively preached about? Are you really revealing your true colors to me now? A shallow… worthless… scared… little insect?”

Staring down at the man in front of her Claire wanted to scream at Lily to let him go… but she knew better now. ‘H-H-He’s here because he deserves whatever’s coming to him… he’s made his bed.’ Gritting her teeth in rage, Lily forced her finger down on the man’s midsection causing him to wail in pain.

“SAY IT ALREADY! DO YOU THINK IM JOKING? I-I’LL KILL IT NOW! SAY YOU’RE A BUG! SAY IT AND I’LL LET IT LIVE!” closing her eyes, Claire looked away as she heard the load scream that followed… along with the sickening crunch as well.

“I refuse…” Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise, Claire slowly turned around before stiffening as she saw the demonic look she was being given. “Y-Y-You’re a bug… j-just… a bug…” Time seemed to slow now as the brunette watched in terror as Lily’s hand came towards her.

Was this the end… what was she going to do to her?! With her hand just a few feet away Lily growled as she tried to snatch Claire up… before a loud echo resonated in the room. As her eyes widened Lily stopped to turn around before paling as she looked at the large grandfather clock near one of the two doors in the room.

“D-D-Damn it… D-Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!” Slamming her fist on the table with enough force to cause it to splinter under her hand, Lily ran over to the side of her bed before pulling out a blank slate and a small canvas.

“S-Stupid… stupid bug… late, I’m late!” She continued to mutter and growl ever so often as she set up the frame before finally pulling a small stool out from under her bed as well. All the while this was happening, Claire had to watch, still petrified as she felt her heart slowly beginning to return to normal.

Cupping her chest, the brunette trembled as she saw Lily’s frantic form next to the canvas she had set up. ‘W-W-What… what happened…?’ She had almost blacked out in fear… forcing her gaze off the raven haired child, Claire looked up at the clock confused.

“Four o’clock…?” Why did that cause her to act the way it did? Turning back to Lily, the shrunken worker had to squint her eyes in confusion as she saw what the younger girl was doing. Franticly dipping a small paintbrush into a palette, she took a deep breath before moving her hand to the blank sheet… with her eyes still closed?

Feeling her own eyes beginning to widen, Claire watched in surprise as she saw Lily’s brush beginning to draw. ‘W-What the hell’s going on? Why is she painting all of a sudden… and with her eyes closed?’ This day was getting weirder and weirder…

Mulling over what was happening, Claire’s eyes widened as she recalled something from before. “Calligraphy, languages, dress, and art…” She was back on her list. Was her daily routine so important it actually stopped her from… f-from killing her?

Shivering silently, Claire stepped over to the laminated paper still on the desk as she looked it over. ‘Four o’clock, bathe…’ Well that was what she meant by late. Looking back at Lily, Claire’s brow furrowed in confusion as she saw what it was she was painting.

How could she do that? Her eyes were still firmly planted shut but her hand was moving on its own as it began painting a picture. It wasn’t finished yet but it looked like some kind of building or archway… ‘She’s painting something from her mind…’

She didn’t even know any artists that could do that. Noticing the brush strokes becoming more frantic, Claire soon scowled. She was rushing herself. The image she was making was still very beautiful but she was panicked. Was… was she actually… scared of not finishing her ridicules list?

After about ten minutes, Lily opened her eyes before wiping the thin sheet of sweat from her brow. Panting quietly, she scanned the image before trembling in anger. “D-Damn it… not good enough…” She didn’t have time to make another though…

Hopping off her stool, she twitched silently before suddenly kicking the stool she had been on in rage. “Damn it, now look what you did bug! It’s ruined and it’s all, your fault!” She pointed to Claire causing the smaller girl to jump.

“M-M-Me?! What the hell did I do! And it’s not ruined, that… that was amazing Lily. Do you not realize what you just did?” Claire sputtered as she pointed to the painting. “I made trash because I was distracted by trash! You’ll pay for this…” She whispered venomously before stomping away from the painting.

Frowning, Claire looked back before shaking her head. ‘It’s breathtaking…’ She could see a picture like this in a museum easily… but, Lily couldn’t? Did she not appreciate anything she did? Hearting a loud clatter, the brunette was drawn out of her saddened thoughts as she noticed the angry giantess now sitting next to a piano that had been hidden in the very corner of the room.

Pushing the key covering aside, she closed her eyes once again before taking a deep breath. As Claire watched quietly she soon grew worried. Was, was she ok? She wasn’t moving. Her worries were short lived however as Lily’s eyes suddenly snapped open along with her fingers making contact with the keyboard.

Instantly the pings from the piano rung into the room before Lily’s eyes closed once again, her fingers gently stroking the keys as she played a song the brunette had never heard before. Tapping each of the keys perfectly, Lily’s head slowly began to sway as she played, her body moving with her in a fluid motion.

Sitting down quietly, Claire watched as one word and one word came to mind what she was seeing. A word she had said multiple times today after really seeing what Lily had hidden from her. “Wow…” Closing her own eyes, she smiled as she listened to the beautiful sound.

It was classical… dark… mystical. She couldn’t quite put a name on the sound. All and all though, it sounded magnificent. No wrong keys were played. No sounds out of line. She was playing a song… this song… in utter perfection. And it just seemed impossible for her to wrap her mind around it.

‘The level of difficulty to play something like this… it’s impossible for a child to do this…’ She was really starting to feel like the twins were right… maybe she was perfect. She could write, speak, draw and play classical music. Even two out of those four things people struggled to do at the same time today what Lily could do in an hour…

It was just… amazing. Opening her eyes happily as the music calmed her nerves, Claire looked back at Lily before frowning. Her eyes were shut… but her face was completely open to her. The scrunched eye lids… the permanent scowl on her lips. The ferocity of her keystrokes… it was like she was wholeheartedly invested in what she was doing… but at the same time, she hated ever second of it.

‘How could she hate something so… beautiful?’ She didn’t understand. As the final note was hit, Lily opened her eyes before folding the wooden lid as she stood up. Glancing over at Claire, she brooded silently but said nothing as she walked away from the piano.

Moving to one of the two doors to the room, she slipped inside what was presumably the bathroom as she left the shrunken girl alone to her own doings. Glancing up at the large grandfather clock next to the door, Claire sighed quietly. It was about 4:30 now.

She didn’t even realize it but Lily had been playing for over ten minutes. ‘Maybe she does like it?’ It was hard to figure out considering how angry she looked with everything she did. But, she knew why that was already.

‘A family that forces her to be the best makes her think she is… and if she can’t do what they tell her to that wounds her ego…’ It seemed like she was finally starting to chip away the mystery surrounding her. Standing up, Claire stretched a bit before walking around on the large oak desk, her eyes scanning everything in sight.

“No toys anywhere… Not a single thing out of place…” Looking over at the inkwell and quill still on the table, Claire examined it for a moment. ‘Yep, fancy to.’ Her family had to be wealthy that’s for sure. “Great, rich, pampered, pressured, and homicidal…” She was by far the hardest of the girls to get to understand.

Stopping abruptly, the brunette coughed into her hand as she saw the still lingering form of the man Lily had plucked from the chest. Looking over at it, she frowned. ‘Is it a couple… a dozen… or hundreds like Kai.’ Just how many monsters did she have… and why did she keep them around for so long?

She hated them… and probably not just monsters but all adults… like her. Feeling sadness well up in the pit of her stomach, Claire shook her head. “I’ll make her see. I promised the twins…” She wasn’t about to go back on a promise she made. She never had in the past.

 Hearing the door opening, Claire glanced back as she saw Lily step into the room once again with a towel curled around her and her hair. “Enjoying the view?” Blushing, Claire grit her teeth as she looked away from the half-naked girl currently moving over to her changing doors.

“Drink it in as much as you want, I’ll be the last thing you’ll ever see, pervert.” Lily called out past the screen, enraging Claire further. That term was really beginning to piss her off. Moving back to her original location, the shrunken brunette decided not to voice those thoughts. One brush with death was enough for her.

Hearing a load knock on the door a few moments later soon drew Claire’s attention to the door. Stumbling out of her changing area, Lily looked herself over before folding her bangs past her ears and… ‘Wait she’s smiling?!’

Immediately Lily glared darkly at her but her attention shifted back to the wooden entry way as she forced another smile over her lips. As she opened the door however… her smile left within seconds. “It is now 4:46 young Mistress Elizabeth. Was your timepiece not working?”

Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl growled audibly at the suit clad man in front of her. “Where, is Father! He was supposed to check my progress… not, you.” Not even batting an eyelash at the hostile tone, the man simple walked into the room before making his way over to her bed.

“The Master is currently awaiting your arrival downstairs in the dining hall. He thought it would be better if I checked on your duties for him instead. His time is valuable you know.” Clenching her fists, Lily stomped past the man but said nothing in return as she stood in front of the painting she had made.

Looking over it, the man remained quiet before turning away. “Next.” Moving over to her desk, she shot Claire a dark look before her hand snatched the written paper she had wrote on earlier. Raising it for the man to see, he was once again utterly quiet as he read it over.

“Recite the quotes, from beginning to end.” Nodding, Lily closed her eyes before she spoke first in French, followed by Latin, and finally ending with English. Nodding, he moved over to the Piano last and sat down. Tapping a few of the keys, his brow rose as he looked over the notes on the sheet in front of her.

“And, the song young Mistress?” Folding her arms behind her back, Lily smirked. “Moonlight Sonata, performed in canon of D. Time, 11 minutes and 23 seconds to finish.” Looking over the keys once again, he stood up before stepping aside.

“Show me.” Gritting her teeth, she nodded before moving over to the piano. Setting herself down, she closed her eyes before breathing deeply. However, right before her hands made contact with the keys, the man cleared his throat causing her to flinch right at the last moment.

“Posture.” Grinding her teeth, Lily sat up higher before once again placing her fingers over the keys. Gently pressing into them, her stiffened form soon softened as she started to play the same melody as before. About half way through it however the man cleared his throat once again.

“That will be all Young Mistress. Now, it’s time to join your parents downstairs for supper. I’ll give the Master your report afterwards and bring you your evening list once finished.” Twitching, Lily said nothing as she stood up.

“Tell him to give it to me himself this time… I’m sick of you.” She hissed before strutting past the man. Once again, the man simply remained quiet before following after her and closing the door behind her. Now alone, Claire soon breathed out the breath she had been holding.

“What the hell was all that about?” It was like Lily was on trial or something. Rubbing her temple she shook her head. She’d have to be blind and deaf to have missed the anger in her tone. Apparently seeing her father must have been important… but it seemed like that didn’t happen often.

Things were now becoming clearer to her… but she still needed a bit more before she was ready to take on Lily… if only she had more time to do it through…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

‘Garbage… its garbage… everything is trash…’

 

‘Why does she taunt me like this… I need to kill her… she’s just a bug…’

 

‘Why haven’t I killed her yet? Why do I keep her… ?’

 

 

Lily looked down at her food with disdain as she gently sloshed the soup around in front of her. ‘Why must they keep making this dish… I hate fish and they know it…’ Lifting her spoon up, she slowly slurped her food as her tongue quivered in her mouth.

‘Salty… disgusting… worthless…’ She hated it so much. Wiping her lips, she gently pushed her food away before staring over at her parents… all the way across from her. Sitting in a large dining hall, Lily could only scowl in silence as she saw her father talking on a cell phone while her mother gossiped rather loudly to one of the few others at the *adult* end of the table.

Narrowing her eyes, Lily seethed silently as she saw their true colors. ‘Embezzler… Oil farmer… Data thief…’ The entire table was full of them… monsters. It didn’t matter to what end they were… they were all bugs, just begging to be squished.

As her eyes traveled to her parents she frowned deeply, their colors not hidden from her either. Watching the shadowy black tendrils surrounding them, she averted her eyes. They knew their mistakes… but so did she.

As her dish was taken away from her, another was soon set down instead. Smiling if only faintly, she grabbed her fork before quickly taking a bite of the French pastry her parents so dearly enjoyed. ‘Sweet… tart… delicious…’ Licking her lips, she was about to grab another bite before her plate was suddenly lifted from her.

“That’s quite enough Elizabeth. The Mistress has made it quite clear she doesn’t want you to become, corpulent.” Glaring daggers at the butler, Lily’s eyes glowed a faint ashen as the man suddenly stiffened. As his body twitched he quietly set down the plate before staggering away.

Smirking, she quickly took another bite of her dessert before sighing. ‘Like I would ever be negligent of my form, what rubbish…’ Glaring at her mother as she sipped from a glass of champagne, Lily shook her head. She was much too prideful to ever let herself become fat… but it still enraged her to have her mother try and point something like that out, she was only six!

Eating the last piece of pastry, Lily pushed her dish away before stepping down from her chair. Standing still with her arms resting between her back she waited patiently as her dad talked amongst varies people near him.

After a moment however he soon locked eyes with her, before he snapped his fingers drawing one of the attendant’s attentions. After a few quick gestures, Lily almost screamed in anger as he started walking over to her.

“Young Mistress I have been tasked with escorting you back-“Stomping past him not even waiting for him to finish, Lily ground her teeth as her father went back to his conversations. “Don’t bother… Just have him come to my room when he’s finished!” she hissed with malice before shoving her chair aside.

Storming out of the dining room, butlers and maids left and right all cleared out of the way of her, their whispers not hidden from her all-knowing ears. ‘There she goes again, throwing another temper tantrum. They really did a horrible job raising her.’

‘What do you think it was this time?’, ‘I bet she’s just mad because her daddy took away her sweets.’ ‘It always freaks me out how quiet she is. I wonder if there’s something wrong with her… you know, mentally?’

Gripping her head, Lily ground her teeth as she willed the voices of all her staff around her to be silent. ‘Shrink them all, their bugs! Bugs! BUGS!’ Trembling, she stumbled into the staircase as she panted quietly.

“Elizabeth, are you alright?!” As a maid ran over to check on her, she was met with an enraged look from the child freezing her in her tracks. “Don’t… g-get near me, bug…” Backing up slowly, the woman nodded timidly as Lily gripped the railings of the stairs and began to climb them.

‘Don’t… let, them… touch you again…’ Nodding, Lily sighed quietly before her body calmed down. Walking up the stairs at a normal pace she began making her way back to her room, the current staff on hand all watching in confusion from her bizarre behavior.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Sitting on her knee’s, Claire looked out one of the two windows that were on either side of Lily’s bed. She could see the sun beginning to set. Smiling sadly, she wiped a stray tear from her eye as she felt a well of happiness form up inside her.

‘So much has happened this week…’ Meeting Sophia and Alexis, and all of their friends… The horrors they showed her. The wonders they displayed… The strange sights… The beautiful smells... There was just so many things she had seen this week that honestly made it both the greatest and worst time of her life.

Looking down sadly, she sighed. ‘Nice work Claire, your acting real positive.’ She still wanted to believe she was going to come out of this night ok… but, she had to face the facts. Lily was troubled… and maybe she wouldn’t be able to help her.

It seemed like she was always mad. Mad at people… mad at her surroundings. Mad at her actions… mad at everything. The only time she had ever even seen a glimpse of anything besides rage was… furrowing her brow, Claire paused to look over at the piano in the corner of the room.

‘The song you played… it was sad.’ She saw the anguish on her features when she was playing it. But those were real. She didn’t show the anger or rage that she harbored so deeply… but actual feelings of what she felt. ‘Maybe if she played something else, I could see it again.’

It was just a shot in the dark but that was the only one she had so far. Everything else Lily did was robotic. Maybe, just maybe, this was a way for her to connect with the girl. Nodding her head, Claire smiled. She still had a shot… even a slim one at making Lily open up to her.

Before Claire’s thoughts could delve any deeper on the matter however, her mind went suddenly blank as the door to the room slammed open. Feeling the temperature noticeably drop, the brunette stiffened as she saw the raven haired child of her thoughts currently walking into the room.

Raising her hand, the door began to shut on its own startling Claire thoroughly. ‘H-H-Her p-powers…’ This was the first noticeable time she had seen them in use. She could move objects with her mind? None of the other girls could do that to her knowledge.

Craning her neck in the shrunken girl’s direction, Lily glared at her before flicking her finger forward. Almost as if she were flicked herself however, Claire screamed in shock as she rocketed backwards. Slamming against the wall beside the desk, the brunette coughed in pain as she felt her body freezing up on her.

“Worthless… useless… pointless… ineffectual… ignominious… so many words to describe you… but, I just can’t think of one that comes to mind. None of them work… you’re less than their value. Less, then anything my mind can generate. How sad is that?” Lily chuckled grimly as she slowly walked over towards her.

Trying to crawl to her feet, Claire soon grunted in pain as her body was forced against its will into the wooden table. “Don’t get up. Just relax… and it will be over soon.” Smiling darkly now, Lily’s eyes glowed a dark ashen almost turning them completely black.

“W-W-What… D-Did I do?” Claire choked out. She didn’t say a thing to her to warrant this level of hostility. Twitching, Lily chuckled dryly as her hand rose above the prone girl. “You’re still alive… that’s enough reason to kill you now…”

Feeling her body flop over, Claire began to cry as she spread her body out in an X as Lily pulled her chair over. “So many options… crushing you was simple… but that’s no fun… I want you to really enjoy this.” She whispered snidely as she reached into her desk.

As her hand returned, Claire wanted to scream but it seemed her voice had already abandoned her as fear took over. Setting down a small pincushion with needles, Lily smiled darkly before reaching into the desk again.

“Should I skewer you? Or…” She trailed off before pulling out a small book of matches and a tiny desk candle. “Bury you alive in wax perhaps?” Paling, Claire watched in terror as her hand moved back in the desk again.

“Maybe flay your skin?” She muttered as she lifted a small letter opener up. Setting it down, she smiled darkly as she reached into the desk once more. “Maybe just fry you?” She clicked the tip of a small pocket Taser before raising it over Claire.

“Please, feel free to give me input. I wouldn’t want to be the only one having fun.” She grinned evilly, her eyes still the same shade of black causing her visage to look like that of a real demon. Struggling against her invisible restraints, Claire thrashed in dismay.

‘D-D-Damn it, it’s just like what Sophia did!’ She couldn’t break free. Pausing, Lily looked down at the brunette before she glared at her. “I think you’ll find that my abilities rival Sophia’s.” Moving her finger forward, she tapped it down before Claire’s breath hitched, a painful blow hitting her stomach out of nowhere.

Feeling a coppery taste in her mouth, the brunette spit to her side as she felt blood on her lips. “W-W-Why…” Raising her brow, Lily lowered her face next to Claire’s as she continued to smile. “Why what? You should really be clearer with your statements.”

Glaring up at her, Claire’s head slowly rose as she fought off Lily’s control the best she could. “W-Why… a-are you d-d-doing this…” She croaked before her head shot back down, hard. Pouting, Lily licked her lips before baring her fangs.

“Because, I can~.” Feeling her stomach turn, Claire growled in anger at her response. “M-M-Monster…” Glaring down at her, Lily tsked quietly as she reached for a pin in the small baggy. “Monster? Me? I’m not a monster…. I’m just the one who cleans them up. A pawn in Sophia and Alexis’s plans… just, like, you.”

Crying louder, Claire shook her head as she saw the monolith sized needle being slowly positioned over her stomach. “You shouldn’t blame me for doing my job. The only ones to blame are the twins. They failed you just like they failed me… and this is more than they deserve. I should have ended your pathetic excuse for existence the moment you landed in my fingertips…”

Shuddering as the cold metal poked into her stomach, Claire whimpered for what was about to come. ‘They d-didn’t fail you… you failed yourself…’ Pausing, Lily looked down at Claire surprised before gritting her teeth.

“They did fail me!” Claire inwardly sighed in relief as she saw the pin slowly set down by the enraged child’s. “What prompts you to immediately take the twins side? Hmm? Some, notion of saviors? They didn’t kill you and now you’re their loyal little pet? Pathetic… the truth is they shrunk you as a test, and when you failed they gave you to me to fix the mistake they made. They lied to you bug… accept you fate, no matter how cruel it may be.”

Glaring, Claire mustered all the will she could as she shook her head further surprising her. “T-T-They… Love me… and, I love, t-them. That’s… That’s why, I’m here… B-Because they c-care, about, you!” She hissed in pain as she coughed up more blood.

Trembling, Lily’s hands clenched in anger at the conviction in the shrunken girls words. “THAT’S A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT! Don’t play dumb with me! They didn’t send you here because of me. They gave you away like a second hand rag, because you no longer looked shiny!” She hissed back with just as much malice in her own words.

Feeling her lips twitch upwards, Claire smiled sadly at that. “T-They didn’t send me here… I c-came… myself-f-f… “She coughed once more in pain as she looked up at the startled child. “Y-Y-You think, that you’re a victim? You’re not… T-The twins, care for you, w-whether you realize it or not, s-s-so much s-so… that they let me… come here.” She breathed out raspy as she tried to relax her body, the pain slowly reseeding.

 Folding her arms, Lily smiled darkly after hearing that. “Then you’re the dumbest person who ever lived… no, bug. A person’s instinct would have saved them. Yours, yours threw you into the lion’s den. And now they’re hungry for blood.” She whispered darkly as her hand moved back to the pin she had set down.

“Even if what you say is true… why should I care? Do you think Sophia and Alexis cared when they played god with me?” Chuckling, she shook her head before positioning the pin higher now… right over Claire’s forehead.

“No, they didn’t… I’m just returning the favor…” Screaming as she felt the metal slowly touching her head, Claire thrashed vainly in an attempt to stop what was about to happen… but she was beaten to it…

 

*Knock, knock, knock *

 

 

Jerking her hand back, Lily paused before letting out a low growl. “WHAT!” As her door opened, Lily turned around with a murderous look in her eyes having been drawn away from the focus of her rage. “Young Mistress, it’s time for your report.” The butler from before announced as he lifted up another laminated sheet of paper.

Panting through her teeth, Lily stomped over to him as she twitched angrily. “WHERE IS MY FATHER!? I told you to have him give it to me this time! He’s been promising me he would for weeks!” She screamed angrily.

Smirking, the man cleared his throat as he ignored the sudden outburst. “The Master… hasn’t the time to waste with such trivialities. As for your report… you get a C for today.” Freezing, Lily looked up at the man shocked before clenching her fists.

“T-T-That’s impossible! I did everything perfectly!” Smiling in amusement, the butler looked over the list before reading it off. “Your penmanship is improving but is still lacking with certain finesse. Your oral practice is coming out garbled at times. Your art lessons are being wasted as well, and finally your music…” He paused before leveling a disappointed look at her.

“Is lacking.” Feeling herself croak, Lily’s mouth moved on its own as she tried to speak… but no words came out. Folding the paper under his arm her turned heel and was about to leave before Lily screamed. “T-T-TELL FATHER TO COME HERE THIS INSANT! T-THERES BEEN A MISTAKE, I DID EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!” She shrieked in rage but the only response she received was a mirthful sigh.

“My apologies Young Mistress… but I do not take orders from you, only the Master. Good day.” As the butler began to leave, Lily’s entire form began to spasm as her eyes glowed eerily dark. Raising her head up, Claire grunted in pain as she felt control of her body beginning to return. She was no longer the focus of Lily’s wrath…

Panting through her teeth, the raven haired child’s hand began to clench along with the butlers movements beginning to become sluggish. As he stopped completely, Lily’s lips twitches into an insane grin as she tried to twist her hand… however…

Gripping her own wrist, Lily looked down at her hand angrily as it seemingly moved on its own before forcing her hand down. Stumbling, the man looked back confused before noticing Lily’s panting form. Shrugging her turned once again before shutting the door behind him.

“K-K-Kill… K-Kill him…” Struggling to hold her wrist back, Lily grunted in pain as she seemingly fought with her own limb. “K-Kill him, kill the bug!” She barked through grit teeth before falling to her knees. Leaning up, Claire watched in shock as she saw the demonic visage surrounding her slowly beginning to dissipate before she fell completely still.

“N-No… You can’t… kill him…” She whispered quietly before letting go of her own hand. “You’re just like her…” Looking up immediately having temporarily forgotten who else was there, Lily shot a deathly glare Claire’s way… but she didn’t show fear.

“What… did you say…?” Watching Lily’s actions… the way she moved… the way she spoke… she finally figured it out. “You’re not perfect… are you?” Lily’s eyes widened as she gawked in silence at what the shrunken worker had said.

“Sophia… said you were… but you’re like Kat… your fighting something inside of you, something trying to get out… that’s why you’re always so angry, isn’t it? You’re fighting yourself…” Staggering to her feet, Lily’s face became enraged once again as she heard the shrunken workers words.

“T-T-Take… it… back!” Frowning, Claire looked away sadly. “The reason you can’t make up your mind sometimes… the random mood swings… the endless rage. There all the other you’s thoughts… Kat was the same way.” Claire whispered sadly.

She had met the darker version of her… and it terrified her to her very core. It seemed now Lily was in fact not as perfect as they were all lead to believe. “How long have you hid it? Hidden the fact you had… this, from them?”

Staggering slowly towards her, Lily’s breath grew rugged as she once again began to spasm. “T-Take… it, back… Take it back… TAKE IT BACK!” Shaking her head, Claire lowered her eyes once again in sadness. “Kat… Kat fought with hers… You need to fight yours to! Don’t let it win!”

Standing over the brunette, Lily’s eyes beaded as they began to glow black once again. “I… am nothing like Kat! I am nothing like her… Don’t you ever compare me to that piece of gutter trash!” Lily shrieked… however she was only met with a glare of her own.

“Never… Never call her that again…” Blinking, Lily looked down at Claire confused. “What?! I’ll call that filth whatever I please!” Gritting her teeth, Claire shot the furious giantess a look just as piercing as her own. “YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO HER!”

Lily’s breath suddenly hitched as she stared down at the smaller girl, speechless. “SHE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY! SHES CARING, LOVING, NICE TO HER FRIENDS, NICE TO YOU! AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL HER FILTH?! YOU’RE THE WORST LIVING BEING IVE EVER MET! No, compared to her there is no comparison. Compared to her… you’re the filth… your less than filth… your trash…”

Claire whispered venomously as she felt all the anger… all the pain… everything that had been bottled up from that night suddenly released all at once. She couldn’t stand it anymore. Lily crossed a line… and she wasn’t about to remain silent any longer.

“You think less of everyone. Less of me, less of your so called friends… less of your family, less of the people who have slaved for you… You’re not human… I can’t see what Alexis can but I know now… you’re a monster… and I don’t think anything I could ever do would change that…”

Tears fell from her eyes as she stared up at Lily in sadness. It hurt her to say that… but she needed to. Trembling, Lily stared down at Claire as she felt any fight she could have put up leave her. She was utterly speechless and didn’t have a thing to say…

 

 “Lily… You can’t give into your anger… it will turn you into the things you hate so much, please just-“

 

 

*Smack*

 

 

Glaring downward, Lily slowly lifted her hand as she blinked in confusion. Looking down at her palm she saw red all over… what happened? Looking back down, her breath hitched as she saw the motionless form of Claire… blood pooling beneath her.

 

 

“Bug…”

 

 

Looking back at her hand, Lily’s eyes returned to normal as she touched the red smear on her skin

 

 

“B-B-Bug…?”

 

 

As her body remained motionless, Lily soon began to twitch.

 

 

 

“Claire…?”

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

 

 

...